How are YOU going to deal w/ the new Warriors of Chaos? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: How does the new Warriors of Chaos stack up?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • An all troll army? 10 special characters? Totally broken!

4 18.18%
  • Well balanced w/ it's wide selection of troops and options.

12 54.55%
  • Expensive basic troops, expensive characters, really weak book.

3 13.64%
  • Doesn't really matter, Daemons and VC will always dominate.

3 13.64%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x1)

How are YOU going to deal w/ the new Warriors of Chaos?

So I was looking at the new Warriors of Chaos book this weekend and they have some pretty cool stuff in there. It was getting me really excited to play WFB again (lately I have been in kinda of a funk) and I was wondering what all you guys though? Are Haliberders going to make a comeback? Same with Handgunners? Are you going opt for the gun line and try to blast them away or overwhelm them in Close Combat almost 3:1? Personally, I am looking foward to whiddling them down a bit and them swarming them, crushing them w/ numbers. I worked out the numbers and a unit of swordsmen can consistently hold off warriors on the charge for a round or two, which is perfect for me to get my knights or tank into position and bam! So yeah, thoughts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x2)

I think it is going to be an awesome army but not too ovepowerd. The models are awesome and I prsonally can't wait to play against them.
    Daemonic cheese-how? Well, you would need to start with daemonic milk, i guess...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I havent got book yet, so i dont feel i can comment yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    458 (x8)

From what I've seen of it, it looks fine. When I first heard about it, they sounded like yet another "ZOMGWTFBROKEN!" armies. Then I heard how expensive a decent unit would be, and how much fun my leadshooters would have fun facing them.

Magic is much the same really. I've heard that the Infernal Gateway is broken, but you have to be a wizard Lord just to get a decent chance to cast it, and even then, I have a ton of DD and scrolls waiting for you. And that's half the magic phase gone. WoC seem to be the "never do anything by halves" type now, and they have to pay the points for it.

That said, there is the problem of special characters, but that isn't really news.

-AFG//

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x1)

Yeah, that lore of Tzeench spell, cast on a +14, roll 2d6 for strength and if you get an 11 or 12, the unit just is gone, sucked into the warp, nothing you can do about it. I haven't gotten a chance to take a good look at their magic, I mostly looked at their units and costs. However, I am excited to get to use my own magic against them, "Oh yeah, 3+ armour save? Well guess, it's melting your face off now! Balthazar Gelt for the win!". But yeah, getting to use Lore of Metal will be super fun against those Warriors.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x1)

Lets just say I'm pleased my empire army is a gunline. The new warriors are dull as a muddy puddle rules wise, so I'll sit back with my guns and cannons and watch the show as the chaos boys go splat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x1)

So after getting to read the army book even more, I realize that gunlines...not going to be as good as I thought it would be. And the reason is Wulfrik. I can totally see him coming in and dominating us from behind, with a cheap unit of marauders. If we want to do something about it, we have to sacrifice shooting juicier targets or waste a turn of shooting to move into LoS. So that is ouch. But the Lore of Nurgle is a big hurt for us too I think, because if they have this one spell where everyone makes an initiative test, any one who fails makes an armour save and if they pass, they get removed from play. Suddenly AoMI becomes a deathtrap lol! But once again, I think that large numbers of cheap troops can over come this, combined w/ a bit of magic resistance and rod of power and we should be good!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    255 (x6)

Gunlines, meet the mark of Nurgle.

Nurgle is the big winner this time around. He has both the best mark and the best lore. Mark of Nurgle gives you -1 to hit with shooting and -1WS in combat. Good luck hitting with anything but cannons, and then when the make it to your line you hit back on 5s(If you even get to hit back at all). Have fun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x1)

Nurgle - meet my good friends the 4 Cannon, Arch Lector avec Pope Mobile, 3 wizards with fire magic & 2 Steam tanks army.

No need to role to hit, impact hits go first and 3 unbreakable units when the infantry do arrive.

Go back to the north ya bunch of rotting rejects! Bring on the GT!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thoughts

i am new to warhammer fanastsy but it seems the list is one dimensional. they either get to combat or they die. I think against a balanced empie list they are going to have problems. they are sorley lacking in magic defense, lack numbers to absorb the shooting & magic and van hortsman speculam just became standard kit ( imean it is possible for my 105 point capt to take their super characters to the cleaners). It seems they took all their toys away and gave them very little in return. Although did any body notic ethat swordsmen and maureders have the same stats.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast