Question about Empire Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Qup
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question about Empire Army

Hello, new to the forums, just joined in fact. I searched the forums for an answer regarding this, and could not seem to find one, thus, here I am, asking! I am currently thinking of starting my first WHFB army. I like both the Wood Elves, and the Empire. I was reading Lore on the Empire, and see that the Sisters of Sigmar are considered heretics, and excommunicated.. I was wondering, though, would it be possible to make an army, and use Sisters of Sigmar as warrior priests, if a proper background story for the army backed it up? Or would it simply not be possible with the lore/rules?

Thanks,
    --Qup

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This should probably be in the fluff section. However, to answer your question: the current fluff doesn't really mention the sisters much... The description in Mordheim did say that they were being accused of witchcraft and were being persecuted HOWEVER one must remember that Mordheim is set 500 years prior to the current date of Warhammer Fantasy.

This COULD mean that possibly the Sisters have had a rough patch in the past but could now be considered equals... but this is just conjecture and I've no fluff proof to back it up.

But if, like me, you're dead set on using the sisters of sigmar models, one could simply say "they are just female Warrior Priests/Lectors" (similar to the female warrior priests in Warhammer online: Age of Reckoning).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    458 (x8)

Welcome to LO, home of discount heat pumps, and we occasionally talk about WHFB while we're at it.

Bear in mind that it's your army, and you can fluff it how you want. I'm on another forum, in which someone entered a character on a titanium space hopper into an Arena of Death. Using an army of heretics in the eyes of the church of sigmar seems to pale in comparison.

The Counts As rule here, you will find very beneficial. If you're unfamiliar with it, it implies that one conversion counts as something else. Generally, this is OK, so long as your opponent knows what everything is.

For example, you could convert a figure into a head nun (or whatever they're called), and make it follow the rules of a WP.

In fact, you don't necessarily need a background story. Just that they can be fun to write. And if you're opponent won't let you use them, then laugh at them, and call them a puritanical gamer with no imagination.

-AFG//

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Empire are awesome

I would reccomend Empire-they are a great starting army. They were my first warhammer fantasy army and I beat many people with them, like Lizards, Orcs, and Dwarfs. I like to play a more defensive style, with a lot more ranged combat than close combat-but it's fine to play a close combat army with them as well. I loved blowing Lizardmen to pieces with my hellblaster and cannon. Do Empire, one of Games Workshop's best starting armies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I often use Sisters of Sigmar in my Empire army, and have had no negative comments. I quite often field them as Free Company detachments to my Greatswords, because several of the models have two hammers or steel whips. If you could source enough models, you could run them as a unit of Swordsmen, as they have a hand weapon, light armour and shield.

I find having an all-female character led army is quite distinctive. There are some fantastic models you can use - "Big Bertha" for the General, other models for Captains or Warrior Nuns (Priests) and I use either the Augur (foot) or a converted Lahmian vampire (mounted) as a Wizard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    539 (x8)

i really like this idea for two reasons: i like originality and i've never seen a Sisters of Sigmar army before! Secondly: i have a softness for female armies. If i could, i'd rep you twice.
    Last edited by Zema; November 26th, 2008 at 11:50.
    Got a "good" rumour from a GW staffer? Forget about it, LO'ers know more than any random GW shop staffer.
    Voor alle nederlanders:
    The Dutch Legion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

+ Reply to Thread