Fear of the challenge - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fear of the challenge

Ok so I'm building up my Empire army, and utterly loving it.There's only on big thing that bugs me. All my hero's get brutally rapped in challenges, and This is one of those things that keeps me up at night... Not really but it still bugs the hell out of me. So What are my options to either winning, or at least getting around challenges. Are there any great combos for heros, or lord that can make our simple human race feirce? I know you can turn them down... But the my front line gets cut to ribbons. So any tips?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    458 (x8)

I don't tend to find challenges much of a problem. I prefer to do one of the following:
    1) Accept with a unit champion. Saves your butt for another round, and sometimes characters need the charge to really make much of a difference (like Bretts). So killing off a 12 point hero can help out a lot. Just a caveat though, they can give up to six CRes points (one for the wound, five for overkill). Sometimes doing a little match beforehand can help out.

2) Accept with a hero-/lord-level character. If the enemy character has a nasty statline, the VHS is a monster of an item. Give it to a WP with a GW, and he has Hatred, and a ton of high WS, high S attacks (often hitting on threes). It works beautifully against saurus, vampires, chaos characters, ogres, orcs, and anything else that I've forgotten which has a powerful statline.

If you don't want to use that item, then you may be interested in the sword of fate. Pick a scary looking character, and away you go (especially if you get the charge). The ability to ignore armour saves, wound on a two plus, and inflict D3 wounds is basically just as nasty as the VHS. If you have two characters in your army, why not take both?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

dawn armor, shield. a 2+ re rollable armour save? how are to getting your butt handed too you ? how is he hitting you? wtf is he hitting you with? devil is in the details, but on general ive found i rely on the 1+ armour saves too keep my character from the fire. warrior priests giving the unit champion a 4+ ward will annoy your opponent no end. or on himself with the dawn armour and a shield gives you a rock hard 2+ rerollable armour save with a 4+ ward.

if he is ignoring armour saves then youre screwed.

if it is in knights u having trouble take kurt helborg, yeah mr i take rock hard combat monster you dont like a runefang comming down upon thine candy ass at ws 7 and str 4, oh look it also counts double for combat res. no they dont like THAT up em.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    220 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by element9867 View Post
    Ok so I'm building up my Empire army, and utterly loving it.There's only on big thing that bugs me. All my hero's get brutally rapped in challenges, and This is one of those things that keeps me up at night... Not really but it still bugs the hell out of me. So What are my options to either winning, or at least getting around challenges. Are there any great combos for heros, or lord that can make our simple human race feirce? I know you can turn them down... But the my front line gets cut to ribbons. So any tips?

You are a "human", you are likely to get beaten down by most of the enemy heroes in the Warhammer World. Chaos Lords don't rise to prominence letting opponents live in challenges....nor do Orc bosses, and Dwarves and Elves are consummate warriors with generally better equipment.

Getting the all-important 1+ save, has, as stated, been the best way to even the odds. However, in addition, I would also go for an Enchanted shield to get an additional pip o the save, and factor in a magical item like VHS, so you can strike at your opponent's strength if he is a big gribbly demon prince. The alternative? Just take unit cahmpions in all your units and watch as they get butchered whilst your runefang equipped hero cleaves his way through the enemy RnF....

+ Reply to Thread