Regiment of Renoun pikes - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Regiment of Renoun pikes

I've been considering pikemen in my newly mustered Empire army, and wanted to get some thoughts from my fellow commanders. The RoR seemed a nice option as they don't take up a rare, but the competition from other excellent special slots is pretty tight. I already have 2 cannons, a mortar and (as soon as I get home) some pistoliers. That's a wrap for up to 2k. As for rares, I have a hellblaster but nothing else yet, so perhaps filling that rare slot isn't such a bad thing. Also, I've played a couple of small games, and taking as much artillery as I have doens't seem to be a very safe bet in small games. Anyway, my first question is this:

If a unit takes up a special slot, can you include it as a rare instead?

Second, if you were going to take pikes (and if you think that's absolutley crazy I'd love to hear that too) would you go for the vanilla DoW/Leopold's pikes, Pirrazo's (crossbows in front row), the Alcatani (WS2 and immune to psych), or Ricco's (WS4, heavy armor). My primary opponents will be Bretonnians, Lizardmen, and Orcs. I'm leaning towards Ricco's, mainly for that WS4 on oh so many attacks, but what do you all think?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Son of the Empire View Post
    If a unit takes up a special slot, can you include it as a rare instead?
    Would be nice, but no. You can't.

Quote Originally Posted by Son of the Empire View Post
    Second, if you were going to take pikes (and if you think that's absolutley crazy I'd love to hear that too) would you go for the vanilla DoW/Leopold's pikes, Pirrazo's (crossbows in front row), the Alcatani (WS2 and immune to psych), or Ricco's (WS4, heavy armor). My primary opponents will be Bretonnians, Lizardmen, and Orcs. I'm leaning towards Ricco's, mainly for that WS4 on oh so many attacks, but what do you all think?
    I prefer Ricco's but Leo is an awesome character. I think pikes are great against cav, they really make people think twice about charging in.
    Mirage Arcana Podcast
    The "A Smart Player Will..." theory is a complete paradox. If we make an assumption that everything we do is outsmarted, then theoretically we can never win.

+ Reply to Thread