Characters in large games - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    1 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

50 (x1)

Characters in large games

I am actually curious I have a 6000 pt army for Empire. I run 2 Generals of the Empire(1 on griffon/1 on horse), and then 9 heroes, 2 engineers(as extra crew for my seige engines), 2 warrior priests(stuck into my 2 halberdiers units), 2 wizards(1 on horse/1 on foot), 3 captains(1 on horse/1 protecting seige engines on foot/1 with greatswords). Now what Im curious about is, how many of you would take a special character as choice in such a large game, or even take the max number of characters?

I know you guys are going to say it depends on who you play, why take engineers, it depends on what the characters have etc...

The reason is because I play so my army looks cool, not so much so it wins, but this just has me wondering thats all. Thanks Ciao

2. Remove Advertisements

Outer Rim
    3 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

399 (x8)

I'd take Karl Franz, he is a great character. I'd take a lot more magic.

I played a 8000pt a side game vs Dwarves at the beginning of the year and found the biggest problem with such a game is that you cannot bring your detachments into play and the other side is generally better at close combat than you.
    Mirage Arcana Podcast
    The "A Smart Player Will..." theory is a complete paradox. If we make an assumption that everything we do is outsmarted, then theoretically we can never win.

+ Reply to Thread