3k Empire Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 3k Empire Army

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3k Empire Army

I have been playing GWs Fantasy for 2+yrs, started with Ogres (have 3k+) and now have moved on to an Empire army of the same size. any suggestions for Lord / Heroes
    and their magic items?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    539 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by lotrfan View Post
    I have been playing GWs Fantasy for 2+yrs, started with Ogres (have 3k+) and now have moved on to an Empire army of the same size. any suggestions for Lord / Heroes
    and their magic items?
    Well, that's kinda a general question, but at low point levels you will often see a warrior priest, his LD and dispel dice making him a nice option, on higher levels you will often get more wizards, an imperial general, sometimes kitted as a BSB.

If you wanna be really mean, take the Emperor on dragon, that'll make grown men cry.

As to gear: the Armour of Meteoric Iron is a big favourite.
    Got a "good" rumour from a GW staffer? Forget about it, LO'ers know more than any random GW shop staffer.
    Voor alle nederlanders:
    The Dutch Legion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3k allows for 2 Lord choices, and with cheap empire i'd choose to use both slots.

One as a combatant and the other as a wizard for balance. Or even two combatants, Arch lector + General with a WP and a few Battle Wizards for magical defence. Sooo many inviting options lol.

It really (as always) dependant on the individual player, their game-play preferences, what army they most commonly play against, etc.
    Whether you opt for a more infantry based, fast moving cavalry, predominantly shooting, high magic abilities, balanced, etc all affects the outcome of characters one chooses.

Though I will say that Arch Lectors are quite good, especially when given a War Altar, with 2 prayers per turn, and riding the only chariot-type model Empire can use which packs unbreakable/MR2/4+ ward/a single lore of light spell per turn.
    Given Sword (Hammer) of Power/AoMI/Van Horstmans Speculum, he can take down Vamps/Chaos Champs, other assorted nasty characters.

So anyway what im asking, is for you to be more specific in what game-play ideas you have, what type of empire army you wish to field and what you want the army to do. These ideas help the LO Guru's such as Zemaphore, Ginja, ArchonFarseerGuy and many more help you out better.

Good luck, and welcome to the wondrous world of the Empire! May Sigmar watch over you!
    Last edited by AzzA; May 23rd, 2009 at 18:25. Reason: Forgot key member! haha
    Proud -=< ANZAC CLAN >=- Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    458 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by AzzA View Post
    So anyway what im asking, is for you to be more specific in what game-play ideas you have, what type of empire army you wish to field and what you want the army to do. These ideas help the LO Guru's such as Zemaphore, Ginja, and many more help you out better.
    *feels left out*

In seriousness, help is help, no matter where it comes from.

To the OP, as has been said, it really does depend on what you'd like to run - the Empire are famous for our flexibility. Do you prefer R&F overwhelming the enemy with an innumerable tide of legions, heroic knights crushing the vile enemies of the Empire with a resounding clang of steel, lethal barrages of missiles blotting out the sun, elite infantry, or a mix of things?

Magic items I'd suggest include the aforementioned AoMI, and the Van Horstmann's Speculum is also powerful. The Rod of Power and Dispel Scrolls are also a must-take to my mind.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x1)

Ill let you know what I have, I have 6000 points of empire. I run 2 lords, both are generals of the empire, then I have 2 engineers as I have about 5 seige machines and I want them to join up the crew if need be. Then I have 4 blocks of infantry at 29 each, 2 units of halberdiers and 2 units of spearmen, all have 2 units of 10 swordsmen as detachments, and the 2 halberdier units have a warrior priest. Then I have I think maybe 20 or so handgunners. I have 5 or 6 outriders and pistoliers(cant remember sorry), I also have a unit of greatswords at 29 strength which I put a captain with. I also have some flagellants, and a captain which I stick back by my seige to help defend them. Then I have 2 wizards, and 3 units of knights(i think). Its a large force and I am painting it, I am also looking to go even bigger to 8000, and possibly 10,000 points.
    "To Triumph without Risk, is to Conquer without Glory!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As an Empire force grows in size, there is one thing that I find a MUST have. A BSB. Empire will run at the drop of a hat, so having one is essential, especially at such a large size, where your general will be out of range of most of your army (Due to sheer size).

With 2 lord choices, one "amusing" idea is a General of the Empire mounted on a Griffon, wielding a runefang. He is a nasty character killer, so hes bound to make his points back if he gets to one.
    I Like Cheese

Stolen from People on the Interweb (c)

+ Reply to Thread