What do you miss about 6th edition <sigh> - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you miss about 6th edition <sigh>

I miss Flying Fusilade, but mostly I miss D6 extra handgunner range first turn...

Customizable Knights was hella sweet, but don't know if it was tourney legal.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    458 (x8)

Mainly the White Wolf knights being a competitive slot, rather than a fluffy one, and the Handgunners rule.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    117 (x3)

Thr Griffon Banner now requiring a BSB (especially since I like to give mine the Imperial Banner instead)
    It ain't easy bein' green... :-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    539 (x8)

The older style of models! The current stuff is very nice, but i want more big clothes and rushes and stuff!

Apart from that, the handgunner rule was nice, but i prefer the simplicity of the current rule.
    Got a "good" rumour from a GW staffer? Forget about it, LO'ers know more than any random GW shop staffer.
    Voor alle nederlanders:
    The Dutch Legion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really miss the Griffon Standard. The change in points from 50 to 55 (aka the need for a BS makes it go from good value for money, to never used by me. BSB are to vulnerable is carrying a magic banner in my opinion. But the griffon standard for 50 pts also made the general a more attractive lord choice. As you would need his special rule to be able to take the standard. Now I only take him is I want a griffon.

Fussilade and the extra D6" and white wolves (or great weapon knights in general) are definately on the list following this. But the last I didn't really use anyway and the first 2 I don't really notice as much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I miss toughness 4 flagellants and I want the old helblaster back, I hate having to roll to hit with it.
    Darks Elves 6000ptsWood Elves 500pts (WIP)
    Imperial Guard 5000pts
    http://mr-godz.mybrute.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup - have to concur. The helblaster having to roll to hit is the worst. The pisoliers losing their fulsilade is a close second though. I never use them any more, because of this.
    The careful application of terror is a form of communication in itself - Zutta Law #4.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    539 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Lister_ST.Clair View Post
    I miss Flying Fusilade, but mostly I miss D6 extra handgunner range first turn...
    Do you really miss that so much? Even with the extra range, the enemy is often out of range.
    Got a "good" rumour from a GW staffer? Forget about it, LO'ers know more than any random GW shop staffer.
    Voor alle nederlanders:
    The Dutch Legion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With the exta 1d6, when the two armies usually start 24" apart; it's the difference between being able to take the first turn and having a target, or not having one. There's usually always a target within 25" on the first turn. This is part of the reason ihave shifted towards Crossbowmen now. Taking 2 x 10 man units, means that any penalty from losing the AP of the Handguns is made up by the fact that I get to fire for an extra turn (twenty extra shots).
    The careful application of terror is a form of communication in itself - Zutta Law #4.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My thoughts are with Zutta. Nowadays I stick with crossbowman and use handgunners only for detachments.

+ Reply to Thread