What model do you use for your arch lector? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What model do you use for your arch lector?

What model do you use for your arch lector? Conversions, or even the war altar too? Ide love to see some pictures of your arch lectors or hear about them. What magic items do you usually like to run on your arch lector as well?

Last edited by VampireCountsFTW; June 16th, 2009 at 23:22.
    Vampire Counts-4000 Points
    Empire-2250 Points
    Black Templars-2000 Points

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

because i do renegades my arch lector is a chaos warrior prophet riding a diseased nurge chariot being pulled by a champion of knorne and a champion of slannesh whilst tzeench balefires swirl around them.

my arch lector on war alter always takes sword of sigismund, armour of meteoric iron and van horstmann's speculem.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

sword of siggie and van horstmans is probably standard. I think the shield that takes one attack is better than the AoMI because your alter is going to add to your armor save anyway. If there is only 1 attack coming at you when you split stats, then there's a good chance the enemy isn't going to hurt you anyway and most of the time when you switch stats, you end up killing the bad guy anyway.. If you're in combat with a bunch of high strength no-name models, then you're probabaly doing something wrong.

I would think the new steamtank model would lead to some cool new alters being made.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x2)

I agree: the Shield of the Gorgon is excellent when combined with Van-Horstmann's Speculum, but I'd suggest that having a few Hochland rifles along to get rid of those pesky unit champions is a worthwhile investment - that way, you've got better chance of actually getting to fight a character in the challenge. It's also worth remembering that VHS doesn't negate magic items - often powerful characters can compensate for the reduced stats with better weaponry or defenses. Still, if you're knocking them down to one attack then you'll probably survive the encounter, and you can always (try to) heal your wounds back later.

As for models, I think the Volkmar model is alright when it's well painted. Saying that, a conversion out of the plastics would work very well - there's a good example of a converted Warrior Priest on page 93 of this month's UK WD. Wouldn't take too much to make it into an AL.

V.
    It has yet to be proven that intelligence has any survival value. - Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For my Arch Lector I used the foot general from the dual commander box riding a converted corpse cart. It's really fun and easy to do if you have extra bits. The pics are here: http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...ersions-2.html (War Altar Conversions)

Also, I run my AL with the sword of power, VHS, and AOMI. VHS is more of a defensive item for me. I'm not going to run straight at their general but I've got it so that no one will mess with the AL. Don't get me wrong, I still don't mind challenging my buddy's ogre tyrant but I doubt I'd make too many friends at my GW if I went around general hunting every game.

Edit: Isn't this basically the same thread as your other one?
    Last edited by Export; June 25th, 2009 at 23:00.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x1)

I almost have all the pieces for my arch lector conversion, all I need is a weapon for him, but the one I want is very hard to find.

Essentially the plan is to create, not an arch lector of sigmar, but a high priest of Manann. for the priest himself I'm using the Exalted Valten on foot model I acquired back in the mists of time, with the ghal maraz cut off and replaced with a trident (which I have yet to find).

The war altar will be based on the dwarven throne of power, with the back cut off. The priest will stand at the front, just in front of the book and where the back of the throne used to be I'm intending to glue an idol of Manann (the triton model from the Man O war range).

All I have to decide is do I have the altar on wheels pulled by horses, or borne aloft by a dozen crazed flaggellants?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

60 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Spiney Norman View Post
    ghal maraz cut off and replaced with a trident (which I have yet to find).
    Try the Lelith Hesperax model from the dark eldar range.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiney Norman View Post
    All I have to decide is do I have the altar on wheels pulled by horses, or borne aloft by a dozen crazed flaggellants?
    Chariot pulled by horses, I'd say. I refer you to this:

Poseidon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Poseidon being the obvious inspiration for Manann.

V
    It has yet to be proven that intelligence has any survival value. - Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    539 (x8)

Use a Gamezone model!

Gamezone Miniatures - Fantasy Tabletop Shop - Inquisitor Magnus 02-11

Or you can convert this 40k model:

Games Workshop

Both would make imposing Arch Lectors!
    Got a "good" rumour from a GW staffer? Forget about it, LO'ers know more than any random GW shop staffer.
    Voor alle nederlanders:
    The Dutch Legion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Vespasian View Post
    Try the Lelith Hesperax model from the dark eldar range.

Chariot pulled by horses, I'd say. I refer you to this:

Poseidon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Poseidon being the obvious inspiration for Manann.

V
    Yes the Lelith hesperax trident is exactly what I need, the problem is I'm still balking at the cost of buying a 40k special character model just to use the trident top... I actually bought the trident arm a year or so ago before they stopped selling bits and used it to convert my priest of manann on foot.

With regards to poseidon I'd love the chariot to be pulled by some kind of hideous sea monster, but I don't think theres any way thats practical...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

60 (x2)

Maybe, maybe not. If you feel like splashing out (bad pun intended, sorry!) you could blend the front half of a hydra with the back half of a Dragon. Though expensive, it would give a sort of many-headed "Loch Ness monster" sort of appearance.

Alternatively a Tiranoc chariot would work just as well. You could paint the horses like a blue-green colour to give the impression that they're from the sea. If you're really clever you might even be able to make it look like they're made OF the sea... :-p

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast