Moving from 1250 to 2250/2500 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Moving from 1250 to 2250/2500

So I've been playing a number of Fantasy games at 1250 with some Empire that I picked up a couple months ago that I finished putting together, painting, basing, and it's been working out pretty well thus far. What I'd like to ask is what additions/changes should be made to this list as I progress onwards to 2250/2500. I would like to make it clear though that this list wasn't created with the tournament mindset in place, but rather as a themed army for an upcoming Fantasy campaign, the theme being a Free Company army. Some elements can be considered 'counts as' of course as the points progression steps upwards.

List is currently as follows:

Captain of the Empire
    -Sword of Sigismund
    -Pistol
    -Heavy Armor

Battle Wizard (Lore of Fire)
    -Lvl 2
    -2xDispel Scroll

Warrior Priest
    -Holy Relic

Halberds
    -21xHalberdiers
    -Standard
    -Sergeant
    -Detachment 10xFree Company
    -Detachment 10xSpearmen

Free Company
    -20xFree Company

Crossbowmen
    -10xCrossbowmen
    -Detachment 5xHandgunners

Crossbowmen
    -10xCrossbowmen

Hunstmen
    -10xHuntsmen

Knightly Order
    -5xKnights
    -Banner of Daemonslaying

Mortar

Helblaster Volley Gun

Last edited by Hyspasist; October 30th, 2009 at 21:57. Reason: Forgot to toss the Hunstmen in
    Battle for Pollux
    Campaign tick is changing from Wednesdays to Mondays, first week of November.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Banner of Daemon slayer is an expensive item for a unit of only 5 knights, plus you're better of using it in a larger unit to make better use of its rule. If they are a flanking shock attack vs skirmishers etc I would probably use Steel standard (saves points and makes them more effective)

Might consider spending a handful of points saved on detachment for freecompany (support charge by some halberdiers?)

The Large halberdiers is decent enough but spearmen in detachment have never worked well with me, better off having a large spearman unit with freecompany/halberdiers/handgunners dets.

With magic I tend toward all or nothing, (make him work those free dispel dice!) either a few wizards and Warrior Priest OR Captains and W.P. if you need the dispel scroll just make him level 1, or swap for warrior priest

Others may have different opinions though!
    Cheese… milk's leap toward immortality

+ Reply to Thread