Abbreviation list - do we need one? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Jafaland, New Zealand
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

458 (x8)

Abbreviation list - do we need one?

Now that I have more free time, I can dedicate more time to the forum. Part of that can, if people want it, include drawing up a glossary of Empire and general FB abbreviations and maybe even include some of the more technical terms.

Advantages could include having a useful resource for the future, particularly with the Book of War making some fairly nice progress. It means that people can come into the forum and easily pick up a working knowledge of the more commonly used abbreviations, slang terms and the like without the need for one of those really annoying site glossaries that some forums have that tend to detract from the post. Meanwhile, disadvantages could include encouraged laziness with grammar. Eg, idk if I want to c heaps of posts that use ME instead of "master engineer" or even "engineer".

However, like I say, I won't do one up if there isn't the demand for it. So, what do we all think? Discuss.

2. Remove Advertisements

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

18 (x1)

Do I think its needed? No.
    Would it enhance the forum? Yes.

I've been visiting these forums for a few months and the first month or so I had no idea what some of the abbreviations meant. But I asked when I didn't know, did my own research and soon I knew what AOMI/VHS etc meant. Its up to you if you think its worth your time.
    I'd be glad to help if you decide to make it.

+ Reply to Thread