Ostermark Colour scheme - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ostermark Colour scheme

I've been looking through Uniforms and Heraldry book and my eyes got caught on the Ostermark alternative Burgundy and White scheme. I haven't really seen any pictures of this army. I imagine it looks very striking on the battlefield, and was thinking about changing my army colour scheme.
    Does anyone have any pictures of their regiments in Ostermark colours (either)

Cheese… milk's leap toward immortality

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x2)

I bought a unit of greatswords where one or two of them were painted in Ostermark colours. Already repainted them to fit my own colourscheme. Google Ostermark and you might find some pictures. Else try the Warhammer strategy game as empire. You're playing as Ostermark there (as far as i remember).

Hope it helped somewhat

- Tash

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    298 (x8)

I think the intent is for a region or city to have a general color scheme, but for different regiments to have varying shades within that general guidance. I'd say that Ostermark is more "red and white" than, for example "cardinal and eggshell," or, as you stated, burgundy. I think that using different shades for different regiments while staying in the same overall color families makes for a very nice looking army. Mine's actually Altdorf (red and blue), except for one regiment, which wears white and blue and is led by a priest of Ulric (can't pass up the wolf-priest model!). In any case, including detachments, I'll have eight units from Altdorf, and they're getting different combinations of four shades of blue and three shades of red. Four of the eight are at least started, and they really look good together without being bland or boring.

Anyway, given Ostermark's history, I'd suggest putting a single Ostermark regiment in your army, with a good "tanith first and only" type story to explain how they're survivors/remnants fighting in someone else's army...
    IG since 1999 __ DA since 2002 __ Tau since 2005 __ SoB since 2007
    Brets 1997-1999 __ TK since 2009 __ Empire since 2010

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Guys,
    I've always had armies with unifying themes, but I'll try painting up a trial regiment and tinker with schemes until its right.
    Cheese… milk's leap toward immortality

+ Reply to Thread