Competitive Sigmarite Themed Army Composition? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x1)

Competitive Sigmarite Themed Army Composition?

Ok, I want to do a Sigmarite themed empire army. I am also trying to be competitive as none of my armies thus far have been, and I would like to win a game for once on more then my opponents crappy dice rolling. So, my question is simple, what would you put into a 2250pt competitive Sigmarite themed army?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    298 (x8)

Well...let's see. You'd want priests, a walter, and kaniggits armed with great hammers, right?

Lord choice is easy, take an Arch Lector on Walter

Take Huss

Take two more priests

Take two regiments of state troops, and give each one a priest. Say, halberdiers with free company detachments?

Take KOTIC with great hammers and put Huss in charge of them

Take at least one frothing at the mouth mob of religious crazies.

Decide whether you need/want artillery and/or handgunners...I'd say no. Maybe some crossbowmen, though...
    IG since 1999 __ DA since 2002 __ Tau since 2005 __ SoB since 2007
    Brets 1997-1999 __ TK since 2009 __ Empire since 2010

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x1)

I had a new idea today a little while after posting this.

All that I want is a really competitive army. Then, I will be modeling it to be themed like monty python and the holy grail. That way, I'm not limiting which units that I am taking, and I can do alot of conversion work and get a very unique army. So, all that I want now is a competitive empire army. I will do the rest with painting and modeling to theme it and tie it together.

Though, I would still like to keep my arch lector on war altar if it is a viable option.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    298 (x8)

If you want a really crushing army, I guess you're talking gunline? Max out your artillery and magic while taking one or two units of pistoliers to march-block, then fill up on 10-man hangunner and crossbow units...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x1)

You can't win without at least some combat try doing ^ that but with some knights and maybe a steam tank for coutercharge.
    You?! No!
    --Famous last words of Asmodean

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marnepup View Post
    If you want a really crushing army, I guess you're talking gunline? Max out your artillery and magic while taking one or two units of pistoliers to march-block, then fill up on 10-man hangunner and crossbow units...
    True, but this is supposed to be a sigmarite themed army.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marnepup View Post
    True, but this is supposed to be a sigmarite themed army.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

298 (x8)

~shrug~ Themed armies and maximum cheese armies are almost never synonymous.

For a decently powerful sigmarite army, take the advice in my original post:

Lord choice is easy, take an Arch Lector on Walter

Take Huss

Take two more priests

Take two regiments of state troops, and give each one a priest. Say, halberdiers with free company detachments?

Take KOTIC with great hammers and put Huss in charge of them

Take at least one frothing at the mouth mob of religious crazies.
    You'll suffer a little from a lack of shooting, magic, and artillery...but that's the downside of a themed army...you limit your choices. Could be worse...if you took a nuln army, you'd be naked to magic (at least the priests will provide magic defense, and the walter has the jade griffon on it), you'd be taking useless engineers, and be very limited on melee...and probably no mounted units, either. Not really worth the excuse to max out on cannonry, is it? Anyway, a themed army doesn't need to be so limited... a theme could be as simple as choosing a city or state and a backstory. Mine's an Altdorf army focused on spamming state troops (one regiment of swordsmen hails from the city of the white wolf, I couldn't resist the wolfpriest model), but it has its artillery, some shooters, and a wizard lord. But the theme is the 43" wide red and blue wall of staties.

+ Reply to Thread