What Models Should I Buy - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What Models Should I Buy

Hi guys, I'm new to the board and I was some hoping for some advice.

I used to play a pure Dogs of War list using that featured a lot of Ogre kingdom models. There isnt really a current Dogs book and its getting hard to find people who will play against my dogs list, so I have decided to move into Empire. What I want to know from you guys is which models should I keep, which models should I convert, and what else will I need to get to field a reasonable Empire list.

Right now I have the following:
    40 knights
    35 pike men
    12 duelists
    3 giants
    2 captains
    1 hero/lord (kurt helborg?)
    1 wizard
    1 Pegasus that can mount either a captain or a wizard
    4 Bronzino's galloper guns (essentially 4 cannons)
    1 halfling hot pot
    1 Asarnil the Dragon lord

I know some things like the hot pot will probably not see play in an empire list, but what else do you think I should grab to be able to field a well balanced Empire list?

-jim

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x2)

With reasonable convertions you can use everything, well except for the giants maybe.

You would need some infantry (go for swordsmen and handgunners/crossbowmen) and some warriorpriest..
    And perhaps some lightcavalry, say pistoliers?

Other than that, it all depends on what kinda Empirearmy you wanna field? If you wanna go full infantry, get some of that. If you wanna go Steam Tank and War Alter, get those pieces.

-Tash

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Given some of the recent rumors about new 8th edition rules, I think that armies able to take special options on unit champions will have a distinct advantage . 25% for your hero/lord choices can be quite a limiting factor.

I know that the hand gunner unit champion can take some good upgrades like the long rifle. Are there other empire units that can take these above average unit champions?

-jim

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Lofa View Post
    Given some of the recent rumors about new 8th edition rules, I think that armies able to take special options on unit champions will have a distinct advantage . 25% for your hero/lord choices can be quite a limiting factor.

I know that the hand gunner unit champion can take some good upgrades like the long rifle. Are there other empire units that can take these above average unit champions?

-jim
    Well yes, the Outrider champion can also take the LongRifle (and some other guns, if you preffer). Other than that, our champions are pretty standard im affraid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

gocha. Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread