i got massacred.... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i got massacred....

i played my 3rd & 4th game yesterday, using my "tilean" themed empire army. it was part of a 6 week map campaign so the army comp rules are different, i had 1450pts consisting of 15% lords, 15% heros, and 35% specials. i used a lv 3 life wizard w/ rod of power, a warrior priest, 40 halberdiers w/ 2 20 man swordsmen detachments, 12 knights, 6 outriders & two cannons. we were playing the mountain pass scenario.
    my first game was against dark elves, i luckily managed to drop a cannonball on his lone sorceress/general but only managed to get a draw because my one cannon misfired 4 times and failed to kill his hydra. i got his black guard down to just 2 models with one casting of dweller's below though! also one of my detachments managed to fight his shade/assassin unit til the very end of the game.
    the second game, also against dark elves, led me to lose my whole army save the knights by turn 3. he had 2 rbt, 2 units of dark riders, 5 cold one knights, big unit of shades, 10 crossbows, and a spearmen unit that had a shadow sorceress, a master, and a hidden assassin! between my cannon blowing itself up, the other cannon being taken out by shades turn 2, my priest getting assassinated in a challenge, my wizard getting shot to death by shades, my outriders dying turn 1, it was discouraging to say the least. does anybody have some advice for a new player like me?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

My main advice would be to not get discouraged. You only lost one of the games. Almost won the first. Every now and then, or on regular occassions for some, a massacre will ensue. Learn from it, change up your tactics, your list, or your dice, and have at it again.

Keep plugging,
    SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    150 (x8)

You need more missile units. A hellvolley blaster can few through Black Guard at an alarming rate. That's how I deal with deathstars. Take the ruby ring for free fire damage on the hydra, so it loses regeneration to your other magic missiles.

Worse comes, bust out the steam tank =P
    Best Regards,
    Wolf_Pack

+ Reply to Thread