Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
I've never used the war altar before and have just aquired one to try it out but i have some questions that need answering...
1. Whats the armour save? its says that the alter has a 5+ save, but it has 2 barded warhorses pulling it so does it have a 3+ save?
2. Does shooting at a war alter have to randomise? I ask this as i looked under chariots in the BRB and it didn't say anything about randomising against chariots.
3. As there are barded warhorses pulling the chariot then does the movement go down to 7 from 8?
And the last question would be, where to field the war altar?
Either as an arch lector or as volkmar, would i put it up the front charging in to combat or behind my lines boosting my troops with magics and prayers?
To answer your questions:
1) The altar has a 5+ - Armour Saves Pg 86 BRB, Characters on the Altar have a +2 bonus to their Armour save for being on a barded mount - Chariot Mounts Pg 105
2) Yes, it is randomised. BRB Pg - 105. Chariot Mounts section, Shooting at Ridden Monsters section.
3) Yes, it drops to 7. Armour Saves- Pg 86 BRB
4) Depends on what you want to us it for. For attack, put it into the second round of combat after a large block of infantry goes in. To stop a big unit of Brettonians cold, charge with the war altar, and declare a challenge. I've seen an altar hold up a unit of Grail Knights for 10 combat phases, because the challenge could not be completed.
The careful application of terror is a form of communication in itself - Zutta Law #4.
Cheers Zutta for the answers much apprecciated
IG since 1999 __ DA since 2002 __ Tau since 2005 __ SoB since 2007
Brets 1997-1999 __ TK since 2009 __ Empire since 2010