uses for jubal falk - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    28 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

298 (x8)

uses for jubal falk

...that's the command group for the nuln ironsides, as seen on warhammer forge...

TBH, the ironsides themselves are kinda for a 95 point character to unlock them, then pay a 20% premium to give them a 5+ save? For the same 115 points (based on one unit of ten), I can get a generic engineer and six more handgunners...a much better deal! And they don't even get the accuracy bonus unless he's in the unit (so only one unit could get it)... I dunno, seems like a huge investment and not a lot of return. Especially since falk can't babysit a war machine, which is the proper role of an engineer, while he's playing sniper.

The command models, though, are exceptional, and it would be a shame to see them go unused. I'm thinking that falk himself is great for a generic engineer...and the armor on the standard bearer and musician make them about right for a unit of greatswords...which is, um, great, if you don't want yours to look like everyone else's.

Last edited by Marnepup; July 5th, 2011 at 04:55.
    IG since 1999 __ DA since 2002 __ Tau since 2005 __ SoB since 2007
    Brets 1997-1999 __ TK since 2009 __ Empire since 2010

2. Remove Advertisements

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

3 (x1)

I ran a proxy of Jubal Flak the other day just to see if he was any use, and surprisingly he was.

I put him in a unit of 20 handgunners in a building, placed an artillery piece beside it, and cast Enchanted Blades on them, so they were hitting on 3's and re-rolling 1's. The protection of the hard cover, added to the 5+ save of the Heavy armour meant they were nigh invulnerable. Jubal Flak put his mercurial round through the head of a Hero Wizard, with a little assistance of the Hammer of Sigmar spell from a Priest.

I realise this was near-ideal circumstances for them, but they definitely performed.
    The careful application of terror is a form of communication in itself - Zutta Law #4.

+ Reply to Thread