starting empire need serious help - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

starting empire need serious help

so here's the deal i've going to start with empire, so what should i buy first, good tactics, and everything from between.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    298 (x8)

~shrug~ Like any other army, you need to start with some hefty blocks of core troops (as survivable as possible, damage output is secondary) to pin enemy formations. Second, you need some kind of hammer unit(s) to finish what the core troops fix. Third, you need something to deal with monsters. Fourth, you need something to deal with enemy artillery/mages.

For the first requirement, I prefer swordsmen with halberdier detachments. Empire is really weak in the second category, you could use knights, a walter, greatswords...none of which have the oomph of other armies' hammers...except maybe the walter...or a stank. Dealing with monsters and dealing with enemy artillery/mages, we excell at...it's called cannons, and one pair with an engineer in support can cover both bases.
    IG since 1999 __ DA since 2002 __ Tau since 2005 __ SoB since 2007
    Brets 1997-1999 __ TK since 2009 __ Empire since 2010

+ Reply to Thread