Warrior priest lists - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mr Commisar to you Commisarlestat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x8)

Warrior priest lists

I've been slowly building up my empire army and have settled on doing warrior priests with no wizards in sight. What I was wondering is if there are any tips and tricks that people know of to make it work properly at higher levels.

I come from a WoC background in the current edition ao am still getting used to having a squishy army overall which made me want to take wizards at first to buff my units but I want to see I'd I can make the army work without them.

Thanks in advance.

A

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    298 (x8)

It can be done, and in fact it's a good idea in lower point games. You get some relatively weak spells with no chance of a miscast, and really boost your magic defense while spamming "sergeants" into your units. Even better is the walter, you get lore of light loremaster as an innate ability, so no miscasts there, either, with the only downside being that you don't get the boosted version of any spell in the lore.
    IG since 1999 __ DA since 2002 __ Tau since 2005 __ SoB since 2007
    Brets 1997-1999 __ TK since 2009 __ Empire since 2010

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Run a Captain on a Pegasus with FP, shield, the Luckstone, cheap magic weapon, and Aldred's Casket of Sorcery.

This gives you a nice multi-function unit combining fast movement, excellent war machine hunting and the ability to remove Spells from your opponent, just by being within 12. That way you don't miss the Dispel scroll.

Getting rid of the spell entirely is far more effective than dispelling it once. You can do this more than once, and you get to use the spell before it goes.
    The careful application of terror is a form of communication in itself - Zutta Law #4.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can a Captain even carry a luckstone? I thought that was limited to arcane users.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x8)

I was thinking of the Pegasus thing. I have a small model of a griffon I've had for years that I was going to use as a counts as Pegasus. Unfortunately I game in Gw only as I have nowhere else to game so I may have to use something different.

I think I will have to add a war alter in asap so that's going to go onthe modelling list. Gonna be another scratchbuild. Considering using flaggies to carry one as that'd be cool wil have to trawl my bits box and see what I have. At 1000 my characters are an arch lector and a bsb. Don't really have points for much else. Think I'll have to add in a warrior priest at the next 500. Is 1500 too low for a walter?

A

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No... at 1500 pts you can have up to 375 in a lord choice.....and a barebones walter is 225.. so you would be able to kit a little magic... but the more magic you use the less troops you will have.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

332 (x8)

Man my list of to do conversions is getting ridiculous!!

Definately going to be building one. Have you ot any pictures or know where I could find a converted one to hve a look at?

A

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    298 (x8)

It would be pretty cheesy, but you can get a walter with AoMI at 1k....
    IG since 1999 __ DA since 2002 __ Tau since 2005 __ SoB since 2007
    Brets 1997-1999 __ TK since 2009 __ Empire since 2010

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Sorge View Post
    Can a Captain even carry a luckstone? I thought that was limited to arcane users.
    Scott - the Empire army book and the BRB both have Luckstones which do different things. In the BRB, the luckstone provides a one use re-roll to an armour save. I think it is a Talisman choice.
    The careful application of terror is a form of communication in itself - Zutta Law #4.

+ Reply to Thread