New Army Book. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Army Book.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

New Army Book.

Hey guys. I heard a few snippets and apparently we are the next book to be redone. In January I think. New kits are a War Alter and......... A War Waggon (same box).Not exactly sure what else we're getting but BOLS says we're getting 2 new characters and a new box of cavalry although it doesn't say what Cavalry.

Anyone heard anything else?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    298 (x8)

I haven't seen anything so specific about when, just "relatively one of the next armies to be done." character-wise, I hear priests other than sigmarites. And I heard the same Walter/wagon rumor. I hear stuff about cav, could be some kinda monstrous cav or kotic...
    IG since 1999 __ DA since 2002 __ Tau since 2005 __ SoB since 2007
    Brets 1997-1999 __ TK since 2009 __ Empire since 2010

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

I heard of the new army book, but new models as well?! SWEET! I may hold out on buying more stuff, if it is true that is

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Aye I hear we were getting different 'types' of Priests. Maybe Taal and Morr as they're the most prominent. I really hope so seeing as I was going to make a Priest of Taal anyway!! The Wagon makes sense with GW's current theme. Tomb Kings had the Warsphynx as a fighty platform, the Orcs had the big spider and the Ogres the Stone horn/Thundertusk so maybe GW is going a 'fighty platform thing' for each race? I can quite happily see the War Mammoth making an appearance for Chaos.

I can't see Empire getting much in the way of Monstrous Cavalry...... They don't really have 'monsters' as such. Other than what's in the Zoo of course......... Unless GW makes the Imperial Zoo much more generous and we see units of Pegasi, Demigryps etc...

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    298 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Borak View Post
    Hey guys. I heard a few snippets and apparently we are the next book to be redone. In January I think. New kits are a War Alter and......... A War Waggon (same box).Not exactly sure what else we're getting but BOLS says we're getting 2 new characters and a new box of cavalry although it doesn't say what Cavalry.

Anyone heard anything else?
    VC's are up in 'Vampuary', Empire are rummored to be the book after the toothy ones however! (Harry, Hastings, Forgt/10, ihavetoomuchminis & our own JvK are all pretty sure VC's are coming first)

New knight kit is rummored to be demigryphs, so sadly, it looks like those current tiny knights are here to stay...
    War Alter kit is said to be able to build a Sigmar, Ulric or Morr shrine. (also maybe hints at Priests of Ulric & Morr being a new hero options?!?)

Magic will be brought into line with 8th ed, so warrior priests likely won't auto-add dispel dice anymore... But it's be really cool if their bound prayers could possibly scale now too?!!

Cheers!

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Aww ............ So we have to wait. Oh well, I guess Vamps need the update more than us!!!

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

298 (x7)

Aww ............ So we have to wait. Oh well, I guess Vamps need the update more than us!!!
    Yaaaaaay! Someone who isn't auto-hating on us poor, broken as sin VC's! (I actually use all-skellies for core, and boy do they suck right now!) Very refreshing to see that there are a few who agree that VC's are in a dire straits right now and in need of some serious re-do to make our book viable again.

Anyways, Harry hinted at the following as being 'on his radar';
    - VC
    - Empire
    - Dwarfs

So, depending on how GW plans out next year, we could have VC's in jan/feb (most think jan), empire sometime between march-may, then 40k 6th ed throughout the summer & fall, leaving the november slot for the stunties perhaps? (who knows, maybe even october - just wildly guessing here!)
    It'd be nice to get another 3 book year for fantasy, considering that a 40k 6th ed will likely mean they get a 3 book year in 2013...

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Why on earth would I hate VC? They got a severe kick in the teeth with the new rules in magic, the nerf in fear/terror and the %ages kills them in small games as they can't fit the heroes in. With only Ghouls to rely on for core there isn't much you can do with that tired old Book.

That looks like a fairly good release schedule to me. I had a feeling Dwarves were going to be out next after us........ I just 'missed out' VC lol.

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

298 (x7)

Why on earth would I hate VC? They got a severe kick in the teeth with the new rules in magic, the nerf in fear/terror and the %ages kills them in small games as they can't fit the heroes in. With only Ghouls to rely on for core there isn't much you can do with that tired old Book.

That looks like a fairly good release schedule to me. I had a feeling Dwarves were going to be out next after us........ I just 'missed out' VC lol.
    Hehehe! There's still a pervading belief that VC's are fine & dandy because they have 1 set list that can win tournaments... Some of the hate coming out of other sights is quite unbelievable really - people actually insisting the army needs even more nerfing.
    A recent large tourny in Denmark had the VC's reduced to nearly un-playable levels. IIRC, out of 100'ish players, the top VC player finished in 36th I believe. There's still a whole lot of the attitude 'well you had it way too good in 7th so you should suck now!'

For Empire, I'm kinda getting a feeling we'll see things like;
    - cleaned-up Detachment rules. (some people still have trouble understanding them for some reason...)
    - more upgrades for knightly orders. (hoping to see something akin to that white dwarf article from waaaaay back!)
    - more special characters.
    - a new war machine?

plus the already heavily rummored 3-god possible build war alter & demigryph cav. I don't think Empire needs much overall, but I'm really hoping that GW's demigryphs look better than what warhammer forge pooped out!

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    131 (x4)

I can quite happily see the War Mammoth making an appearance for Chaos.
    I think that's a given now that the rules (originally from FW) are confirmed "official" by GW.

www.outlanders-club.com - Outlanders Gaming Club (Rugby, UK)
    www.Adeptus-Astartes.com - AA Studios, Commission based painting studios.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast