What'cha workin on? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    298 (x8)

What'cha workin on?

For me, it's a hurricanum. I was working on a unit of Reiksguard to serve as a KF-bus, but as soon as I reached the 5-model minimum, the call of the wizard wagon drew me in. Geez, this thing is detailed! It's going to take ages at the rate I paint (3-4 hours a week, tops). Sadly, I like the base of the wagon more than I like the superstructure, lol. Anyway, here's where I'm at:

I'm working on the second horse now...I may at some point go back and put a pattern of celestial bodies on the cloth hanging from the horses' sides. I guess I'd have to cross that bridge before gluing the second horse in place.

IG since 1999 __ DA since 2002 __ Tau since 2005 __ SoB since 2007
    Brets 1997-1999 __ TK since 2009 __ Empire since 2010

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    63 (x1)

looks pretty good so far pup

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

Haha, I think that you might have glued the front wheels onto the wrong sides of the cart. When they roll now, the tails of the comets are coming around first, if you switch sides I think that the heads would be in the lead. Otherwise, looks awesome - and you're right, that thing is horrifyingly detailed. I like that about the newer stuff though - it almost makes it worth the cash you drop on GW models!

And on that note, what am I working on?

+

=

Stand-in Demigryph Knights for my Samurai army, or Hatamoto in my Nippon armybook. Just waiting for the company to get the **** lions back in stock! I don't want to have to buy chariots to make up the difference.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by CaptainSarathai; May 20th, 2012 at 23:49.
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    298 (x8)

Haha! Leave it to Sarthai to notice my goof! I guess that's why he's a captain and I am not... ????????

Love the Samurai army thing, bro. You gotta show me the whole thing some time!

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

The biggest problem that I'm having is getting everything together for the army. The highest number of models is coming in from Wargames Factory with their new 28mm 'Rising Sun' range. $20 for 25 minis is an awesome deal, and sure beats the hell out of $22 for 10 Staties. The downside though is that I still need to buy at least 1 box of Ogres for my Taiko Drum "Hurricanum" and all of my cavalry, characters, and a few other odds and ends are coming from Perry Miniatures. They're UK based, all pewter, and I'm going to be paying a fortune to get them shipped to me. Add to that the fact that I'm a bit strapped for money, and this is all really slow going.
    I will say this though - if I never have to paint kanji on a .5x1" sashimono again, it will be too soon.
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    115 (x3)

Wargames Factory
    Rep for you Cap (not that you need it lol), I hadn't used this company before but now? I've always hated the GW Marauder models and I plan on replacing my entire Marauder army with their Vikings. So much better looking and they make the Warriors look that much more imposing.
    I will drink your milk shake! I will drink it up!
    I just bought my wife a mini-van, the gods of Chaos have nothing on reality.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

298 (x8)

LOL... My main headache at the moment is a teacher who insists that my hiragana 'sa' characters look like 'se' to her, even when there's a 'se' (that looks completely different!) in the same word.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

1480 (x8)

Nice, if you can actually read and write kanji you're doing much better than I am. I'm stuck Googling most of my stuff or (for shame) looking through a little pocket manual that tattoo artists use for the most prevalent characters. No fun at all.

Blackheart - Wargames Factory is pretty awesome. The biggest draw for me was the fact that they are cheap. For the first time in a LONG time I can buy models that are less than $1 each. Can't argue with that. 150 'State Troops' would normally have cost me $330, I picked up mine for about $120. Really, no complaints at all on this end. Quality is good too. They don't line up well next to GW (which is why the Barbs make WoCs look 'bigger') but they match up perfectly with most other 28mm lines like Reaper and (for me especially) Perry Minis.
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    115 (x3)

They don't line up well next to GW (which is why the Barbs make WoCs look 'bigger'
    I actually think size wise they're a better scale than GW Marauders, I mean Marauders look stronger than Warriors who must be tiny under all that army. And stat line wise Marauders are essentially state troops so why the heck are they the size of Orcs?
    I will drink your milk shake! I will drink it up!
    I just bought my wife a mini-van, the gods of Chaos have nothing on reality.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

298 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSarathai
    Nice, if you can actually read and write kanji you're doing much better than I am.
    I can't claim much credit, I'm in a "drinking from a fire hose" full time language student situation that makes the Bataan Death March look like a tea party. Seriously. Tonight, I'm cramming in 75 crime/court related terms. Everything from asphyxiation to probation. We're clipping along at 400 new words a week right now. And I understand spoken Japanese a hundred times better than written. In fact, I speak it better than I read it... And writing? Fugeddaboudit. I can write up a storm in hiragana, but kanji???

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast