Thought: Character "Units"? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1480 (x8)

Thought: Character "Units"?

So everyone, I was messing around with our book, and I realized that we don't really have any close-combat Skirmishers, even with Wulfy and his "Monster Feeders". So the question that I came up with is simple:
    What would happen if - like the WoC with their Juggernauts - we stuck 3/4 Captains or Witch Hunters together, and stuffed a Priest in with them? Think we'd get far, or would the unit be a total bust?

Understand that the idea is NOT to run off and stick 50pts of magic items on each character (unless of course that's the only way to make this work) but rather to keep them very minimal, limiting the choices to the stuff in their profile options, and maybe one or two unit-buffs for the lot of them. I'd rather them be on foot, I think steeds would be a waste (just get Demigryphs, which incidentally are already their biggest competitors).

My fear is that this "unit" doesn't look like it would ever earn it's points back on paper, and it would have to replace about 20/25 Staties to fit into the list. Captains are cheap and certainly not awful anymore, but I feel like they pay about 10pts for the "Hold the Line" ability (the rest are included as part of the Statey points bump). The Witch Hunter seems almost too situational to be of any use at all in the book. Obviously I'd be keeping the "unit" on the flank of my army, probably with the Demis on the opposite side.

So, thoughts? Would you run a "unit" of our Heroes? If so, how would you equip/use them to max effect?

Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i dont know.........empire heroes are just so squishy. witch hunters and priests are just men with t4 and 2 wounds

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    288 (x6)

Its plausible. Consider law of beasts with Pann's Impenetrable Pelt. Also, this unit should be on horses (so you get cheap 1+ saves).

+ Reply to Thread