[list] 2200 Pts Empire - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Guys. I put together this army list and wondered what you think about it. It is concentrated around Close Combat at the moment.

2200 points Empire

Lords and Heroes
    Luther Huss with Two-Handed Hammer, Heavy Armour, Barded Warhorse. 300 pts
    Captain with Hand Weapon, Shield, Full Plate Armour, Barded Warhorse, Sword of Sigismund. 124 pts
    Battle Wizard with Hand Weapon, Extra Level, Grey Wand. 145 pts

Core Troops
    9 Knights with Hand Weapon, Full Plate Armour, Shield, Lance, Barded Warhorse, Inner Circle, First Knight, Musician, Standard Bearer, Warbanner. 298 pts
    8 White Wolves with Cavalry Hammer, Full Plate Armour, Barded Warhorse, Inner Circle, First Knight, Musician,
    Standard Bearer, Banner of Ulric. 314 pts
    25 Swordsmen with Sword, Light Armour, Shield, Duellist, Musician, Standard Bearer. 200 pts
    25 Spearmen with Hand Weapon, Shield, Light Armour, Sergeant, Musician, Standard Bearer. 200 pts
    10 Huntsmen with Hand Weapon and Longbow. 100 pts

Special Troops
    5 Pistoliers with Hand Weapon, Two Pistols, Light Armour, Warhorse, Marksman with Repeater Pistol. 112 pts
    Great Cannon with 3 crew. 100 pts
    Mortar with 3 crew. 75 pts

Rare Troops
    20 Flagellants with Flail and Prophet of Doom. 232 pts

Should I add or remove something?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cap'n is over equiped, he's not even allowed to have that much stuff, need to bump him down below the 100pt mark. you might wanna shrink the huntsmen, but it depends on what your using them for. also split up the knights, they just work better as single rank 5 or 6 units. knights with rank is for long combats, and your knights should break things on the first round, if they don't they're prolly in trouble. other then that seems good
    that's the thing about perfection, it can only get worse.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. The captain is NOT overequipped,dont listen to loki since he obviously doesnt know the rules very well. He has exactly 50 points of magic gear which is the limit
    2. Dont split up the knights,as then you will no longer have so many inner circle ones.
    3. Do NOT rank the knights up 4 wide. You need to have knights ranked 5 wide at minimum,even if it means you dont have a rank in the back,so that they can get more attacks. Their cavalry,the more attacks the better right?
    4. Dont use luther huss. Special characters are looked down upon to begin with,and luther huss isnt even that good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well obviously i don't know the rules, i didn't expect you to notice but i don't even have a whfb army i'm so new. though thank you for clearing that up, saved me the trouble of looking it up. and if the more attacks the better with knights, why would you want such big units that have knights just scratching their asses forwarding a +1 CR, wouldn't putting them in diff units mean one units gets one less S but can attack more times as they can attack diff things, or even hit the same units flank if manuvered properly? or is it a good thing to have some knight unit strethched out 9 models long(and if so, holy crap i wanna know how)? and with luthor huss being looked down apon as a special character, isn't having ONLY inner circle knights also looked down apon, or just less so to the point it can be ignored
    and to mafkees, ya gotta put some input in soon, a lot of this will be cleared up if you just say which direction ya want your army list to go in

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My usual opponents field Chaos, Brettonian and Skaven so I thought that putting in a Warrior Priest or Luther Huss would be a good idea. But Huss is indeed to expensive for what he does in a 2000 pts battle. <_<

Okay, changes in the army list

*Replaced Luther Huss with regular Priest
    Warrior Priest with Hand Weapon, Great Weapon, Heavy Armour, Barded Warhorse, Van Horstmanns Speculum, Crimson Amulet. 162 pts

*Removed one Knight
    8 Knights with Hand Weapon, Full Plate Armour, Shield, Lance, Barded Warhorse, Inner Circle, First Knight, Musician, Standard Bearer, Warbanner. 272 pts

*Changed White Wolf unit
    5 White Wolves with Cavalry Hammers, Full Plate Armour, First Knight, Standard Bearer. 157 pts

*Captain wears Heavy armour instead of Full Plate. 120 pts total

I spared 325 points and have a Lord/Hero choice open. Now I have a problem with what to do with the spare points. I have several options for this (all the other models I have)

* Wizard Lord on Pegasus
    * Battle Wizard on foot
    * Hellblaster Volley Gun
    * Elector Count/Captain on foot
    * Warrior Priest on foot
    * Handgunner Detachments

I prefer the Wizard Lord because he can support units all over the table (and hopefully take out those annoying pegasus knights and hellcannon).

His equipment would be as follows:
    *Wizard Lord with Hand Weapon, Rod of Power, Doomfire Ring, White Cloak, mounted on a Pegasus. 325 pts

What do you think? What should I do with the spare points?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

first off i&#39;d really have to disagree with a wizard lord on pegasus. thats a lot of points that could go away suddenly after a single round of shooting or magic phase. if you make him a cap&#39;n then he could do a lot. theres two tactica&#39;s for cap&#39;ns on pegasus, i&#39;d give you the site, but i think there&#39;s a rule aggainst it, and if it turns out it&#39;s fine i&#39;ll give it to you and you&#39;ll apprecaite the cap&#39;n more then the wizard lord on the pegasus(at least i think you will). you could also either fit in the volly gun or the elector count since the cap&#39;n is pretty damn cheap. but i&#39;d still sujest the EC. LD is really needed in an Empire army. i&#39;d still like to argue such big knight units, but i&#39;m going to assume you know what your doing. just make sure your not trying to copy brettonian knight play style. other then that it&#39;s a good start and once you play a few games you&#39;ll know yourself the changes you need

+ Reply to Thread