Sick!?!? Of Fleeing Cowards - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DESERTERS SHALL BE SHOT!!!! other than shoot down my own men for running, how can i help keep them from making a chain retreat when one undead cavalry comes running in!??! :realmad:

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Elector Count or even Cap'n/WP to boost LD. BSB to give the re-rolls. or easier said then done, but just start winning some combats. if one unit can break your army, your not doing a good job. if it's one calv unit, get a detachment, redirect it into terrain or so your set up for a cannon shot or a flank charge with another detachment hitting it's front. if it's chain reactions that's doing it for you, buy more cap'ns' and break the chain with his (slightly) better LD. and you shouldn't even be getting much of a chain reaction, i rarly have more then 3 blocks of infintry anyways. if you can actualy have a chain reaction bunch some of your units together.
    that's the thing about perfection, it can only get worse.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This was the lattest game:
    11 handgunners shot down 4 of 5 undead horsies and the turn after i couldn't stand and shoot, but i failed fear and fled, my detachment fled and my wizard fled.
    lol and this other game my knights fled sideways infront of my army and almost every unit started fleeing because these knights were running infront of them with people chassing them. it was quite funny but it gets anoying

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's all about the direction. Empire isn't a blunt army like brets, chaos, or orcs. everything needs to be well thought out in a standard well trained army. if your knights could flee perpendicular to your line, then you moved them badly. try to picture in your head where everything will flee, where everything will overrun, where everything will charge. and this includes your enemy's troops too. then make certain that all the invisable lines favour you, and don't lead to problems like that.
    as to your first scenario, the detachment can't be helped. it's a detachment, it shouldnt be important. and wizard is a blow, but also can't be helped, its a lone model running around, it's allowed to be skitish.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x2)

Standard Empire: Icon of Magnus
    Army of Middenland/Cult of Ulric: The Prayer "Fury of Ulric"
    Use Light, Beasts, Metal instead of Heavens
    NecroLords: Use at least one Death Mage
    Brets: Use Peasants&Damsels
    Skaven: Don't use Skryre SAD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

icon is great for fear checks, but not panic. and that's what we're worried about right now. silver horn would be a good anti-panic item. if ya can get it off of coarse.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x2)

Just use Priests of Ulric. That'll make Panic go away (unless the enemy dispels you...)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is there any rules that says you can use a ulric priest in a standard Empire army? and i'm serious, i never get white dwarf so i always miss these things.
    if theres not then that's no good, not a lot of people (relativly) either like or use the SoC list. and if he's dealling with undead, then sigmar may still be a better choice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x2)

You can use Ulrican Priests in a standard Empire army, yes.

Keep in mind, though, that:

Priests of Sigmar and Ulric cannot be in the same unit (ie. a Priest cannot join a unit already containing a Priest of a different god)

Priests of Sigmar will not use their Prayers on Priests of Ulric

Priests of Ulric cannot join Knightly Orders, but can join Knights of the White Wolf.

Item limitations: Priests of Ulric cannot choose items prohibited from the Army of Middenland. Priests of Ulric cannot use Middenlander/Cult of Ulric-specific items when fielded in a standard Empire army. And, as they are not Wizards, no arcane items.

Otherwise, Warrior Priests of Ulric work exactly as presented in the Army of Middenland list

I do not guarantee the accuracy of any of the above information, but the accurate rules can be found in the Chronicles 2004 book.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so pretty much just the basic rules that go for the priest in the SoC list.
    and what happened to FragerZ? we're debating over all this to help him keep his army from panicing and he's not even giving us any direction on what type of panic and what not he's having trouble with. speak up!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast