Engineers - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Engineers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Engineers

Does anyone really use these guys? And if so, what do you do? Just try to pluck off characters with a Hochland? This has never gone very well for me and his other uses seem to be a waste of points. I prefer a warrior priest and then a wizard or captain on the front lines. I find they do much more damage up there.

Thoughts?

“Cry ‘Havoc’ and let slip the dogs of war!? - Julius Caesar, Act III, Scene I

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the best i can think of is have him run up and fire off an unmaned helblaster when someone least expects it. your crew has to be dead, him nearby, and a unit sitting right there so it'll likely never happen. at least it would be amusing.
    that's the thing about perfection, it can only get worse.

Chilli Fueled Heretic danjones87's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1329 (x8)

Im not ever so sure the engineer can use the helblaster, there is a rule that says they like to 'view them from a distance' but it may be that you cannot reroll the artilary dice.
    my engineer was demoted to a marksmen, he killed one orc in his six game career. he was crap. hochland does not hit as often as it could ( i did roll countless ones!)
    i prefer wizards or a battle standard in larger games, give out more damage or help keep the line in order.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x2)

i think it says in the army book that you cannot re-roll the dice for a hellblaster. though if you want to save the contraption make sure one of your wizards has second sign... if you get a 1 you might be able to make it a six...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by danjones87
    Im not ever so sure the engineer can use the helblaster, there is a rule that says they like to 'view them from a distance' but it may be that you cannot reroll the artilary dice.
    he can use the helblaster, the rules specificaly say helblasters are included.
    what do rerolls have to do with anything? helbalster has no crew, tech joins, he counts as one crew member, 0+1=1, so now helblaster can fire 'cause it has a crew.
    that's the thing about perfection, it can only get worse.

+ Reply to Thread