Empire Knightly orders - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Consumate professional Sir Theobold the Lame's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x8)

Empire Knightly orders

haven't got round to getting the army book yet but- is there any difference in the different knightly orders? i got the battalion box on the cheap the other day and want to split the knights up into Reiksguard and Knights Panther...is it a purely aesthetic thing?

PLAN CLAN MAN!!

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man- S. Johnson

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes it is. There are two types. Knights of the white wolf, and knightly orders. Knightly orders no matter what the order is they're all the same.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'd vote that white wolves can represent any order, just like the panters. i have a unit armed with two handed axes, rules for the white wolves, but i call them them part of the black guard of Morr. the white wolves are loved fluff wise and see a lot of writing well lesser orders that follow the same style of WW or questing knights have next to none, if not none. odder things have happened in the fluff for Empire though, so i'm not worried that this might mean their non-existent.
    that's the thing about perfection, it can only get worse.

Consumate professional Sir Theobold the Lame's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x8)

oh right thanks for your help!...well thats pretty rubbish! so basically they have done away with the variety? under the old rules the different orders had different magic banners etc. available to them, like the Knights of the Blazing Sun etc. i Wish GW would stop simplifying the armies!! :mad:
    PLAN CLAN MAN!!

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man- S. Johnson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x5)

That's no problem. You could just rename some banner that seems appropriate. As long as you keep the effect and the cost.

And there are different models for the Grand Masters, which fit different Orders.
    Or you could use old models, of previous versions.

Tai'shar
    Lance Leader of the LO Codex: Wasters design team

Forged in fire, bonded in ice
    Son of Fenris, Son of Russ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

but the armies have to be simplifed, teens, and adults in general are no longer the target audience, everyone is looking to the younger generations. GW is as bad as those smoker companies, honestly (at least the worst that'll happen is you might cut yourself doing a conversion or inhale the fumes of your glue to much). but check the rules on the LotR games, i swear it's so simplified compared to fantasy, even 40k. with any luck some new orders will show up in a WD, though knowing Gav they'll be done away with as soon as next months WD comes out -.-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well there used to be a pdf on the web with rules for fielding all knight crusading armies and with info and special rules for different orders - but i cant bloody find it!
    Traceur

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mayhaps it was deleted when the uk official site was re-done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn! It was a great pdf. I remember there was a rule for knights of the blazing sun - when they charged there was a beam of sunlight that went with them, and the enemy couldnt flee or stand or shoot - something like that. There was also info on all of the orders.
    Traceur

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

o man, that sounds like fun. i'd love some special rules for diff knightly orders. to bad their pts would have to skyrocket to compensate.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast