kislev - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: kislev

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

kislev

are kislev units worth taking?

i was thinking maybe adding a boyar, some kossars, and horse archers.

the lack of armour is putting me off.

<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>PO-TA-TOES</span>
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>i know, in todays world, the weak are protected, so evolution is now non-existant for humans. To keep the race moving forwards, there should be tests to see if you are good enough to have kids- k-tana</div>

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x2)

They're pretty good. Stubborn troops are always useful, and the Glorious Charge rule can mess low-Ld armies pretty badly.

In addition, Horse Archers are good Fast cav. Especially since Pistoliers already take care of the close-combat side, so they can concentrate on shooting (BS 4 )
    Use Light, Beasts, Metal instead of Heavens
    NecroLords: Use at least one Death Mage
    Brets: Use Peasants&Damsels
    Skaven: Don't use Skryre SAD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Teron
    They're pretty good. Stubborn troops are always useful, and the Glorious Charge rule can mess low-Ld armies pretty badly.

In addition, Horse Archers are good Fast cav. Especially since Pistoliers already take care of the close-combat side, so they can concentrate on shooting (BS 4 )
    what about the axe-y bow-y guys?

the infantry?
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>i know, in todays world, the weak are protected, so evolution is now non-existant for humans. To keep the race moving forwards, there should be tests to see if you are good enough to have kids- k-tana</div>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x5)

If you also buy them a Boyar, they're stubborn. And they're actually quite good. If they stand and shoot, they don't get negative modifiers due to Steady in the Ranks. They are good to guard a flank.
    And this summer they've become extra usefull. If you play Lustria. Because armour poses threads like quicksand and being boiled alive. The Kossars have no difficulties with that. I consider them a real asset to an Empire Lustria army.

The same with Kislev cavalry... If you're afraid your Knights will be more of a lyability and a waste of points, you could turn to Winged Lancers or the Griffon Legion.

Tai'shar
    Lance Leader of the LO Codex: Wasters design team

Forged in fire, bonded in ice
    Son of Fenris, Son of Russ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Araith
    If you also buy them a Boyar, they're stubborn. And they're actually quite good. If they stand and shoot, they don't get negative modifiers due to Steady in the Ranks. They are good to guard a flank.
    And this summer they've become extra usefull. If you play Lustria. Because armour poses threads like quicksand and being boiled alive. The Kossars have no difficulties with that. I consider them a real asset to an Empire Lustria army.

The same with Kislev cavalry... If you're afraid your Knights will be more of a lyability and a waste of points, you could turn to Winged Lancers or the Griffon Legion.

Tai'shar
    there is no chance in hell of getting them ready for this summer.

i wont get paid for another month, and then i have to buy them, and paint them. and kossars are all metal, so expensive. i'll probably buy them in batches of three, and get them done that way.

the univeristy im going to next year has a warhammer club, so im hoping to get way more involved in warhammer, and maybe we can run a kinda, delayed lustria campaign then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x2)

the kossars ('axe-y bow-y' dudes) would be good for siege defence... bows to shoot from the wall and greatweapons... which would be amazing considering they attack first and the enemy needs sixes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x5)

I actually meant last summer, when the Lustria book came out and people all over the world engaged in Lustria games and campaigns.

Tai'shar
    Lance Leader of the LO Codex: Wasters design team

Forged in fire, bonded in ice
    Son of Fenris, Son of Russ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Araith
    I actually meant last summer, when the Lustria book came out and people all over the world engaged in Lustria games and campaigns.

Tai'shar
    last summer as in 2005 though?

i know, i was saying maybe next year we will do our own lustria campaign.. delayed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well the only ones I would really consider taking are the fast cav, but the pistoliers do fine. In my experience, no they are not worth it.
    Count Cashew's Vampire Counts 'The Lurching Dead'
    w/l/t
    7/2/1

"Goddamn Zombie Whore"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CountCashew
    Well the only ones I would really consider taking are the fast cav, but the pistoliers do fine. In my experience, no they are not worth it.
    pistoliers do fine, but you cant use them as traditional fast cav.
    they are much harder hitting, and since no musician and high points cost, harder to use as charge baiting.

+ Reply to Thread