Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
I just can't seem to take these Lizardmen out. I recently played a 1750 point battle against him, and I got massacred needless to say. Now, the Lizardmen player is using Terradons to take my artillery and mages, skinks to screen his saurus and halt marches and throw darts at me.
I use detachments, cavalry, Lore of Heavens, gunners, EVERYTHING. I just cant take him. Any suggestions?
How about a different magic deck? Take more gunners and lotsa pistoliers and knights, probably do. And a special character.Originally Posted by GorthortheBlack
:lol: you couldn't of used everything! You WOULD have won. Use pistoliers to take out the Terradons. Or to be more direct to take out Terradons:Originally Posted by GorthortheBlack
1) Move a small detachment or character close to the crewmen unit. This means if your crewmen can last a turn, and the Terradons don’t use the hit and run rule, then you can charge in to the Terradons and seriously hurt them. Most Lizardmen players are going to see this tactic and use the hit and run rule.
2) Shoot at the Terradons with Handguns and magic. This way you can cause them to lose a quarter of their numbers and watch them fail their Ld5 panic test, (watch out as all Lizardmen models use the cold-blooded rule and roll 3D6, taking the two lowest die.)
3) Put a character into your unit of crewmen, and give him equipment that can help you. If this is your general, and you prefer him to be in a unit, then don’t worry. Simply kill off the Terradons and let him return to his favorite unit. Though, as I said before, this is not the best use of a character.
4) Put all your war machines in the middle of your army so that the Terradons have a thick, solid wall of men to go through before getting to your war machines.
5) Have 3 or more war machines spread out across the field so that if they kill one, they cannot reach the others easily.
(credit Kyle Workman)
After you get the Terradons undercontrol, you should find it much more easier. Use you're cannons to take out the mages.
If you want a nasty unit, take a unit of 20 greatswords and give them the griffion banner.
Give them a detachment of freecompanies... in fact give all you're units except handgunners detachments.
If you find him to play too cheese use a helblaster, it will thin out the troops.
Last edited by Amadis; March 19th, 2006 at 23:16.
ok good ideas for the terradons
but heres the next problem. he screens his blocks of saurus and kroxigors with skinks, like millions of skinks. then when i charge the skinks he flees with them and i get counter charged. i know i can shoot skinks and magic skinks, but skirmishing doesnt make it easy. any suggestions for taking them in combat?
Weaknesses: They are crap at everything. Even the lowliest Empire unit is far superior to the common Skink in close combat. However, they still have the cold-blooded rule and will stick around sometimes when they should have run. Also, if they hang around they have a high â€œIâ€?, so will often swing first. It doesnâ€™t take many casualties to cause Skink units to take panic tests. They are the ONE unit that MIGHT actually panic from shooting. If you have no other viable targets, you may panic a Skink unit by accident.Originally Posted by GorthortheBlack
(credit Kyle Workman)
Here is a great site for the empire, and tactics. http://www.warhammer-empire.com/war_lizard1.htm
very nice tips, i appreciate it. I think im going to really use my pistoliers better and focus on their purpose more, and maybe bulk up my guns and magic.
Tell us how you fair against those darn Lizzes !
should i substitue my great cannon for a mortar?
If you are fighting a major amount of Sarus Warriors with high toughness then no. Its just that... the lack of accuracy and power makes it practically useless against heavy units and monster, but the scale of the explosion against light troops will be a deadly. Its up to you, if you want to focus on getting rid of those skinks, then go for the mortar, but if you want more direct results go for the great cannon.Originally Posted by GorthortheBlack
No, certainly not. You'll need the cannon, its better in many ways. Definitely the pistoliers but there is a rule which makes blackpowder guns worse in the Lustria campaign I think...Originally Posted by GorthortheBlack