Need Help Fast - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need Help Fast

Chilli Fueled Heretic danjones87's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1329 (x8)

Need Help Fast

Hi, its along time since my empire have marched to war, and this friday im scheduled to play a couple of games at WHW HQ, and id like to take both my iron warriors and my empire.

Im unsure on what units to take, i have a large selection but not all of it is painted, so thats why i would prefer to have the advise pretty quick so i can act upon it (im not trying to be rude or anything.)

I would like to take 1000 points.

I have painted, one unit of 20 swordsmen
    2 unnits of 10 handgunners
    12 greatswordstwo cannons
    1 helblaster
    6 knights
    1 grandmaster/mounted captain
    two wizards
    8 free company figthers
    1 captain

i have unpainted/ and un made
    one mortar
    6 knights
    1 captain
    20 swordsmen
    a large amount of hailbdeirs/spearmen
    a large amount of free company fighters

Im thinking of basing the army around the units of handgunners and the one unit of swordsmen, with support from the two wizards and two cannons. WIth the unit of knights as a flanking unit.

If you think the above is perposteruos then do not hesitate to say so.

Thanks alot guys and gals.
    DJ

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by danjones87
    Hi, its along time since my empire have marched to war, and this friday im scheduled to play a couple of games at WHW HQ, and id like to take both my iron warriors and my empire.

Im unsure on what units to take, i have a large selection but not all of it is painted, so thats why i would prefer to have the advise pretty quick so i can act upon it (im not trying to be rude or anything.)

I would like to take 1000 points.

I have painted, one unit of 20 swordsmen
    2 unnits of 10 handgunners
    12 greatswordstwo cannons
    1 helblaster
    6 knights
    1 grandmaster/mounted captain
    two wizards
    8 free company figthers
    1 captain

i have unpainted/ and un made
    one mortar
    6 knights
    1 captain
    20 swordsmen
    a large amount of hailbdeirs/spearmen
    a large amount of free company fighters

Im thinking of basing the army around the units of handgunners and the one unit of swordsmen, with support from the two wizards and two cannons. WIth the unit of knights as a flanking unit.

If you think the above is perposteruos then do not hesitate to say so.

Thanks alot guys and gals.
    DJ
    Its pretty good, maybe drop a wizard and take the hellblaster instead. How about two small detachments, but I like the handgunner idea.
    Do you play chess? Join the chess clan! Also part of The Musician Clan

Naggaroth, the land of chill (Canada, Kingston)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x2)

HEROS

You can't really use lords, so you got to either pick a Wizard as a leader or a Captain.
    If you are playing against Chaos or really good CC troop give him a holy relic or the VHS.

CORE

For the core you should take the swordsmen with a detachment of Free Company.
    Take another parent unit of swordsmen with another detachment of Free Company.
    (Add in handgunners as a detachments if you want aswell)

This is you're choice a big unit of 10 knights or a small squadron of 6 knights as a flanking force. Only use these as a flanking force.

SPECIAL

Take the unit of Greatswords... put them in ranks of 4 however, and give them the griffion banner.
    Definitely take the two cannons, they will give let you get rid of anything that gives you concern!

RARE

Seeing that you have no other rare choices, you should take the Helblaster. It will rip right through there units, and thin down there number before you get into closecombt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Magic69
    HEROS

CORE

For the core you should take the swordsmen with a detachment of Free Company.
    Take another parent unit of swordsmen with another detachment of Free Company.
    (Add in handgunners as a detachments if you want aswell)

This is you're choice a big unit of 10 knights or a small squadron of 6 knights as a flanking force. Only use these as a flanking force.
    Lots of handgunners, and lots of knights. Definitely the free company. Apart from that its very good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Cairocopter
    Lots of handgunners, and lots of knights. Definitely the free company. Apart from that its very good.
    How many though? You should really support you're answers. You're basically saying what I have said, and add the word "Lots".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How many though? You should really support you're answers. You're basically saying what I have said, and add the word "Lots".
    Sorry, I am basically saying that the player should take loads and loads of handgunners and knights, as the handgunners are deadly and the knights are really the 'core' of the force. Knights can perform the hard hitting support. Maybe about half the force based around handgunners (I know you'll dissapprove though!) and a big block of knights.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x2)

Sorry, I am basically saying that the player should take loads and loads of handgunners and knights, as the handgunners are deadly and the knights are really the 'core' of the force. Knights can perform the hard hitting support. Maybe about half the force based around handgunners (I know you'll dissapprove though!) and a big block of knights.
    I was reading some where in the empire forum about a guy taking 120 hangunner models in an army! Thats what I think of when a player says "use lots of handgunners". Taking too many knights is dumb, but I occassionaly did it when I first started playing... if you're going to pick loads of knights you should start playing Bretonnia :yes:.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was reading some where in the empire forum about a guy taking 120 hangunner models in an army! Thats what I think of when a player says "use lots of handgunners". Taking too many knights is dumb, but I occassionaly did it when I first started playing... if you're going to pick loads of knights you should start playing Bretonnia :yes:.
    Actually I'm considering getting Bretonnia at the moment. The think that I'm annyoed about is that Chaos have much better knights than THE knight force.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x2)

Actually I'm considering getting Bretonnia at the moment. The think that I'm annyoed about is that Chaos have much better knights than THE knight force.
    The thing about Chaos Knights is that they are twisted with Chaos magic, and sometimes even have the mark of chaos that makes them deadly. Bretonnia does have cheaper knights, but strong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The thing about Chaos Knights is that they are twisted with Chaos magic, and sometimes even have the mark of chaos that makes them deadly. Bretonnia does have cheaper knights, but strong.
    True, but those Chosen Chaos Knights cost 5pts less than an Empire captain each!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast