Scouts - How do you use them? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Scouts - How do you use them?

Hi...it's me again...

Why would one use scouts and how would you deploy them? What's the idea behind them?

I know that when people played against my Orcs, they'd put them near my Night Goblins in hopes of getting close enough to set off any concealed Fanatics...

How would you use them against other armies?!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    79 (x1)

By scouts you mena huntsmen yes??

I often take a small unit of huntsmen and deploy in cover near the centre of the board, this tactic slows down a large amount of the enemy army by stopping them from marching, thus giving you more time to shoot/maneouver. Another tactic is getting them just within the charge range of a frenzied unit (but off to one side) then fleeing from the charge. This will often take a unit out of the game for a substantial period of time as the unit turns back round and marches on. They can also deploy close to enemy war machines, and charge to deal with them (as they will usually outnumber the small crew).... Thats all i can think of at the moment (except drawing out fanatics)......

Hope that helped!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As already mentioned, scouts are best used for marchblocking and for suckering frenzied units to charge them. You can also use them against war machine crew, though that can be risky.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

also remember, especially with scouts like archers, flee flee flee! always an option lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Huntsmen

I deploy my Huntsmen on one side of the board, so I can hold up one flank of the enemy army, whilst my shooty army does it's job on the other flank. Then, once my Huntsmen have made the ultimate sacrifice, and probably been massacred by a frustrated opponent, I only have half an army to slaughter, and a lovely battery of Great Cannons to slaughter them with.

+ Reply to Thread