Knightly Orders - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Knightly Orders

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Knightly Orders

I am not sure if this has been covered in other threads but since i am new to fantasy and to the Empire I have 2 questions.....

What are the different Knightly Orders?

Can a player make his own order?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Ealing in Middlesex in London in England in Uk in Europe in North H'sphere in World in U'verse
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes you can make up your own knightly orders (i do) the stats are the same with all knightly orders except white wolfs.

the big knightly orders are
    Reiksguard
    knights of the blazing sun
    Knights panther
    Knights griffon
    Knights of the white wolf

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    458 (x8)

There are several otgher ones. Including:

The Black Guard of Morr
    Knights of the Everlasting Light
    *goes to get Codex*
    Knights of the Black Rose
    Knights of the Black Sword
    Knights of the Silver Mountain

You get the idea. There are several Knighty Orders, not all of them are listed.

You can make up your own Order if you wnat, I'll be doing that when I get some. these are what I have in mind:
    Knights of the Round Table- I made up names for all of them, including ones like Sir Kill, Sir Cumference etc.
    The Grey Knight- Basically a group founded to root out Chaos in the Empire. Same as 40K.

That's what I like about them, you can be as creative as you want with them .
    archonfarseerguy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know of a Sir Cular that'd love to join that Order...

Apparently there isn't any truth to the rumours that the new Empire book will have customizable Knightly Orders in them. Hope it's released afterwards, having a bit of customization wouldn't hurt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    458 (x8)

The customizaed orders have no effect whatsoever on the rules if that's what you mean. It only effects Fluff and Painting.

That should answer your question gunslinger, you can make up whatever Order you want, but it has no effect on the rules, but it's always rewarding to have a really cool looking unit of Knights on the table. I plan to convert a unit of them as much as I can then reveal them when I'm about to deploy them, suprising my opponent out of his wits.

archonfarseerguy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    222 (x7)

There were rules for several different Orders, and indeed rules about making your own Order, in a UK White Dwarf about a year ago, I think.

I'll try and find the issue number and get back to you. ^_^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    228 (x8)

Cool, I'd like to see those rules for home made orders. I remember reading something like that once but that was back before I played fantasy. I thought it was bretonnian.

It had a lot of traits that made your knights stubborn and always having to charge and heavily armoured and things like that. Most of them just seemed to be making your knights pig-headed though.

I collect my own Knights of the Baleful Eye. They are a ruthless, secretive order that constantly quests to take relics from around the world. Led by the infamous Guy Du Marque.
    Check out my Codex: Farmyard Animals here!

If anyone wants any kind of help writing fluff for any kind of GW army just ask.

Fluffmaster
    Anzac Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

458 (x8)

Well, your guys are better thought out than mine...:tongue:

That sounds pretty cool, let me know which WD they're in and what type of rules they have.

archonfarseerguy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    222 (x7)

The rules I know of are in UK WD Isssue 310 (October). I'm not sure about issues from other countries though.

+ Reply to Thread