Empire or Lizardmen? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Empire or Lizardmen?

Hello everyone.

I am looking to start either Lizardmen or Empire, but I am not sure which one. I know I want to have magic in my army and I know Lizardmen do have a lot of magic, but I am looking for an army, where the core warriors are cheaper in points.

I know Empire is cheaper in points, but I would like to have some artillary, but I still want to have points left after. My goal here is to be able to have some wizards in an Empire army, but at the same time have a lot of different regiments with some artillary with handgunners. My main motive would be to have wizards + hordes with some handgunners + artillary.

The one drawback I have with Lizardmen is that they are expensive and I cannot have variety because you can't have every unit with your army (terradns, kroxigors, saurus, Slann, etc.) because it is too expensive in points. The colours are nice, but I like the whole medevil look with empire.

So could people give advice because I am torn apart between the two armies.

Thank you.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    238 (x6)

Normally I say choose the army whose models you like the best. I see no reason to say anything different this time. Can you imagine yourself enjoying assembling and painting and empire army more than a lizardmen one? However if you really can't choose between the two, I'll say a bit more

Empire do seem to have what you want. They may not be the best magicians, but they're not bad either, and they have the artillery,the cheap troops and variety.

Lizardmen have the best magic phase in the whole game if you bring a slann, but they are lacking in artillery. Salamanders are good, but they're hardly regular artillery pieces!

You seem to want a lot of variety in your force, and I think you're right in that you'll be able to field a much larger and more diverse force with the empire, particularly with detatchments, but Lizardmen have their advantages too. Saurus may be expensive, but they're a deadly unit. However, if variety and diversity is what you want then empire is a better choice.

That probably didn't help at all, did it?
    Thou shalt remember:
    Warhammer Fantasy armies do NOT have Codices. They have Army Books.

LINK - Guitarists of LO Group

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with Ancalagon at the first point, choose whichever one you like the look of, the rules and enjoyment of the game will follow, every army has its strengths and weaknesses, you can't live or die on just the rules, which army would you like to look at for as long as you play this game, but if these points aren't enough, then...

Magic:
    Empire has decent magic, nothing exceptional but they can get some stuff done nontheless.
    Lizzies have best magic in the game if you have a slaan, but the problem with that is that they are like 400 points min. so the variety would definately be lacking in the rest of the army.

Artillery:
    Empire have arguably the best artillery in the game (contesting with dwarfs), nuff said
    Lizzies have the stgadon, sorry but I dont know much abou that.

Infantry:
    Empire troops are cheap and versatile, there are many different types for different roles.
    Lizardmen have some of the best CC infantry ever (saurus warriors) they rock.

hope that helped.
    "We are the Ultramarines," called Uriel. "And no foe can stand against us while we keep faith with the emperor." - Brother-Captain Uriel Ventris of the Ultramarines Fourth Company.

+ Reply to Thread