New to warhammer, Marienburg Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x0)

New to warhammer, Marienburg Army

New to warhammer here, using the 7th edition starter set.

I've decided I want to run a marienburg army, but before I had thought I'd try middenheim. This brings me to my first problem, some of my troops are already painted half blue, should I just paint over the blue with a yellow/red scheme to match the marienburgers or something else? Also, I've had to move around a bit before this so my troops are missing some things, namely two spears for the spearmen, and a musician /standard bearer drums and flag. I turned the spare parts into two heroes though. Is it possible for me to get a command from the new models or something? is a command really needed if I have just a sergeant?

Anyways, I am really looking forward to making my marienburgers, I've given them a cool clay-color for their wood, so it looks nice, almost like it's painted... well it IS painted, but I meant painted wood, for the spears I'm going to give the tassels various colors to make it appear more flamboyant. feathers on the hats are white and may be given a colored tip

2. Remove Advertisements

LO Zealot
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

160 (x7)

that depends on how important the theme or paintjob is to you. I bet most of the people I play (including myself) are proxying models and most them are only base-painted or half painted. So having an army painted in one color scheme is not important to me. Plus, I like for my army to be versitile so I can play empire or dogs of war or mordheim all with the same models.

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

539 (x8)

marienburg is sure to include a lot of mercenaries, so you could go all out and give each unit a different coloour scheme, with a distinctive banner to unify the army.

More ideas to "tie" the unit in with your army:

-giving every unit the same, distinct, sort of base (a snow or fall themed base!)
    -giving every man in the unit different colours but 1 color must always be present (for instance red)
    -for centuries (still is) the dutch (marienburg is holland-based) color was orange

if you want some cool looking marienburg troops or HQ, check the mordheim range!
    Got a "good" rumour from a GW staffer? Forget about it, LO'ers know more than any random GW shop staffer.
    Voor alle nederlanders:
    The Dutch Legion

+ Reply to Thread