Missile troop detatchments - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Missile troop detatchments

Greetings all!

I am currently working on a new empire army for the Warhammer GT qualifiers in the UK.

I have picked up some top advice for detatchment use from the forums, namely the 3x3 formation.!

I am a big fan of empire handgunners and love using them as detachments.

The biggest and most obvious problems, however is if you want a decent number, 8-10, to get them all firing takes up far too much of your deployment area.

Has anyone got any tactics to combat this `awkward` problem??!!

The Herts & Essex Blood Bowl League - 30 active members and still looking to expand!

Check out our website at http://www.hebbl.co.uk

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    476 (x8)

Take two detachments of 5? You're going to have to sacrifice something if you want big detachments.

To be fair, you might be better off having bigger units as "proper" handgunner units so you can deploy them in a more suitable position, as well as having small handgunner detachments.

Achieving decent firepower and a small frontage is not something you're going to achieve that easily.

Having an army and not owning a rulebook is like owning a car with no steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by amishcellphone
    <3 rork. He does all the arguing so I don't have to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x1)

Rork's said the gist of it... that's one of the balancing issues with detachments.

Unless you stick the parent unit next to a hill the handgunners can then stand on, you're going to be out of luck.

May I ask what are you attaching them as a detachment too? What type of unit?

I ask because I use my Handgunners/Crossbowman as main units and detachments only to each other {the parent units wasn't gonna move anyway}. Because of their move and fire, and LoS issues {the parent unit blocks them} and so on so forth I just find them too limiting attached to any other unit.
    Plus even if they stand and shoot to defend the parent unit I'm only looking at 2-4 hits tops, of which 1 or 2 will be stopped by Toughness or Armor (and that's rarely enough to panic test most enemies).

Perhaps if we knew better what you had them working with, and how you had them work together, we could say something more detailed.
    -
    Making Sisters of Battle into Women of Battle
    -
    Give a Rep Star if you like what someone said. Especially Me. I'm an unabashed Star whore. Blame my 2nd grade teacher and those stupid good behavior stickers. I'm just conditioned. I'm the Pavlov's Dog of stars.
    -
    You win with VP, NOT with kills
    -

+ Reply to Thread