Under the Hanging Tree - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Under the Hanging Tree

So at my local store we are going to be playing the "Under the Hanging Tree" Megabattle Scenario this week. It will be a 5 on 5 with each army being 1000 points. I was wondering if anyone had any advice on how to kill the freaking tree as with 30 wounds, magic resistance 3, and 8 attacks it seems a MASSIVELY daunting task...

even a great cannon hitting it each turn with 6 wounds a turn would take the ENTIRE game to kill it, and there is no way i can count on getting 6 wounds a turn or even 5 turns of shooting... Any advice?

The armies should shake out to be: Evil: 2 goblin armies, skaven, vampire counts, beastmen
    Good: Empire (me), Lizardmen Tomb Kings Dwarfs, Brets

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    211 (x5)

Well for taking out a really big evil treeman cannons seem the best option, i'd take 2 cannons, couple units of handgunners and A unit or 2 of state troops. Get the dwarf player to take 2 cannons to any chanch is the tree is flammable?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my problem is that I only have one great cannon model, I also have the hellblaster and helstorm models for other artillery... I wish there was some way to get a runfang in contact with it, but i doubt it would last long against a WS5 ST 6 8 attacks that id be seeing back at me...plus i cant have lords at 1000 pts....its seems like almost an impossible scenario since average troops cant wound it, it has so many attacks, and is essentially immune to magic

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    211 (x5)

Hmm, the hellblaster could be real nasty against the tree possiable 30 shots a turn at str 5, i would put a engineer on it give it +1 bs so you against the large target you would be hitting it on 3s most of the time even at long range and 2s at short ^_^ .
    I was just wondering if it was flammable cause dwarfs can take runes to make there fire attacks which would be really nasty against the tree.

Oh what about sword of fate on your captain? It has to be the ulimate character/monster killer with up to 9 wounds a turn from a captain to might be worth looking in to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

with the tree having T 8 do you think the gun will still do enough wounds? Also this doesnt seem quite right to me, but there isnt any way someone could challenge the tree and then use the VH Speculum to switch stats is there?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A Captain With Sword of Fate, back up by a warrior priest? 3 Attacks that re roll misses, wound on 2+ (with re rolls) and cause D3 wounds per shot... (or 2 warrior priests so he also has a ward save).

You should find out if you can challenge it to single combat... lol.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

If you engage it in combat, you can't shoot at it.

Is it flammable? Would Lore of Fire do anything?
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it doesnt say in the descirption that its flammable so id assume no?

+ Reply to Thread