VW FBVW MkIII Round 1: Match 6 - The G. Horde of G.S. Queek v. Angry Bobs S.S. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    131 (x5)

FBVW MkIII Round 1: Match 6 - The G. Horde of G.S. Queek v. Angry Bobs S.S.

Map 6 - Fortified Manor

First Turn = The Gittering Horde of Grey Seer Queek

The Gittering Horde of Grey Seer Queek

Lords:
    Grey Seer- 465pts
    Screaming Bell
    Warp Scroll

Core:
    30 Clanrats
    Full Command
    Ratling Gun
    Spears

30 Clanrats
    Full Command
    Ratling Gun
    Spears

20 Stormvermin
    Shields
    Full Command

23 Slaves

24 Slaves

7 Poisoned Wind Globadiers

Special
    10 Warplock Jezzails

20 Plague Monks
    Full Command
    Additional Close Combat Weapon

3 Rat Ogres

Rare:
    Warp Lightning Cannon

1999 pts

Power Dice: 6
    Dispel Dice: 4

Warp Scroll: Bound Spell (P5). Cast on a unit with 24”. All models take a str 3 hit. Any casualties cause panic.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Angry Bobs Shiny Shambles

Characters:

Night Goblin Great Shaman (Angry bob) - 275
    level 4
    The pipes of doom
    warboss ums best boss hat
    dispel scroll
    Little Waagh: 1, 2, 5, 6

Black orc big boss (general) - 134
    heavy armour
    biggeds kickin boots
    enchanted shield

Orc shaman - 150
    level 2
    horn of urgok
    waagh paint
    Big Waagh: 1, 3

night goblin shaman - 130
    level 2
    nibblas itty ring
    dispel scroll
    Little Waagh: 2, 5

Core:

25 orcs - 180
    shields
    full command

20 orcs - 150
    shields
    full command

28 night goblins - 157
    spears
    full command
    1 fanatic

5 spider riders

5 spider riders

Special:

20 black orcs - 318
    shields
    full command

3 spear chukkas

goblin wolf chariot - 66
    extra wolf
    extra goblin

Rare:

Giant - 205

total - 2000exact

Power dice: 10 + two bound spells
    Dispel dice: 6 + 2 scrolls

Magic items:
    Pipes of doom: all cavalry, monsters and chariots within 24" take a panic test. (cant be stopped)
    Warboss ums best boss hat: 5+ward
    horn of urgok: bound spell, power level 5. My units get +1 leadership till next turn, enemy units get -1leadership till next turn. (on a roll of one afterwards caster takes a strength 5 hit)
    waagh paint: +2 to cast in combat
    nibblas itty ring: bound spell, power level 3, casts eadbutt. (on a roll of one afterwards caster takes a strength 5 hit)
    Biggeds kickin boots: +1 attack (enchanted item)

Spell preferance:
    Night goblin great shaman: 2, 4, 6, 3, 5, 1 (little waagh)
    Night goblin shaman: 2, 4, 6, 3, 5, 1 (little waagh)
    orc shaman: 4, 3, 5, 1, 2, 6 (Big waagh)

Stratedgy:
    The General will go with the larger unit of orcs, coupled with the black orcs this will give me two big units immune to animosity, and getting the extra movement when I waagh!. These would set up in the centre, with the night goblins and chariot on one flank and the smaller orc unit and giant on the other. (this is however very rough and would change according to who i was battling and the terrain. Its just a general plan)
    The great shaman would probably go in the black orc unit, to make sure he could cast spells every turn, where as the other shamans would go ti alone unless, the enemy had plenty of missiles in which case they'd hide in units.

In terms of winning the games, im a firm beleiver that it is leadership tests that determine a battle, therefore the idea is to make my opponents take as many as possible, at the lowest leadership possible.
    To this end, i hope to combine the pipes of doom with a turn when the horn of urgok has worked. If my opponent is saving dice for it, then they'll be being pummeled by gork and mork.
    Horn of urgok will also help my own leadership tests.
    The spear chukkas will also most likely combine fire, especially against large targets to cause wounds, and small units, to have the maximum chances of causing panic tests.

Thats abouts it, but i'll add more for each battle when i know who im playing and the set up.

Last edited by Spector; July 27th, 2007 at 04:13.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

This would be fun to watch. I think the O&G numbers can counter the Skaven's, and their magic will be brutal, assuming no miscasts. And once in combat, Orcs win SUPER BIG TIME.

I vote Orcs and Goblins.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are those Skaven painted green? Because they seem a little Orc-y to me. A lot of unstable stuff that can potentially blow up in their own faces. The orcs, on the other hand, have some good diciplinary power on their own side as well as a potentially devestating magic phase. So, Orcs & Goblins will be victorious in this match.
    Tyranids 1850 - 10/0/0 Models sold off, but I still sometimes play with proxies.

High Elves 2000 - 0/1/1 Starting, don't have any models.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x1)

Woah, i'd love to watch this game played out. It's not a typical Skaven army Vs a pretty typical Orc army. The skaven army in my opinion is relying too much on it's blocks of troops, which against Orcs is a bad idea. With the Waaaagh and a chrage the Orcs should get the charge and proceed to smash the skaven to little bits high ledaership or no. The skaven will loose combat by a clear 5-6 points every time and pelt it after 1 turn of combat.

Also the orc magic is vastly superior to the Skaven so again, lots of nasty death for the rat men.

Orc Victory

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Two 'hoard' armies against each other makes for a very busy and interesting game. Here however i think the Orcs and Goblins have the upper hand.
    The skaven magics really lacks, with a GreySeer there really needs to be Warlocks too to add more to the skaven magic phase, which has the potential to be one of the nastiest. As it is the Skaven magic is easily dispelled, and the OnG magic pgase would be quite strong, allowing them to control the game and dominate from there.
    They have a little shooting in the form of bolt throwers, and the terror causing Giant could cause chaos.
    Also although the Skaven have a few more large units, i dont think they can match the combat potential of the Orcs, especially the Black ones.

So im giving this one to Orcs and Goblins.

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

I like both lists. The skaven's natural advantage of numbers and magic is countered nicely by the orc list. With some fast units the warp lightning cannon shouldn't last too long either. In combat there is only one winner.

I vote Orcs and Goblins

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Cyric the Mad's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    706 (x8)

As much as I like this Skaven list, in the end I think trying to beat the Orcs at the horde game won't work. The Skaven have almost no ability to stop the WAAAGH!, meaning they will almost definitely be on the receiving end of a green charge, at which point Orc brutality will win the day.

With as much magic pain as the O&G can bring to bear, and a solid magic defense, I think the Skaven magic will count for little. Combine that with everyone's favorite Giant, plus speedy Goblin-things to go after warmachines, and you have...

Victory for Angry Bob's Shiny Shambles

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I play Skaven my self so this is hard to take for me, but the Orc and Gobblins take this one. The basic fact that the O&G list is constructed with better focus tips the ballance here. the skaven list is trying to do to many different things here and doesn't manage to pull any one of them off well. and the O&G have more flanking units to rip away the leadership and ranks of the skaven in combat making them crumble when hit.
    When life gives you lemons, beat it over the head and take its wallet.

Army W/L/D
    Emperors Children: 66/27/19
    Imperial Guard: 71/27/10
    Space Marines: 9/17/2
    Eldar: 41/34/25
    WFB
    Skaven: 79/36/35
    Chaos: 23/20/46
    High Elves: 35/27/6

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

Gonna have to go with Angry Bob's Shiny Shambles here too. Greenskins win the magic phase fairly handily, dominate CC when it comes to that point and have excellently dealt with balancing the battle of leadership rolls.

LO's unofficial Jester Visitor Q's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    377 (x8)

Mean, Lean and Green, Orcs FTW.

Sound bites aside, I think the Orcs will be able to batter their way through the Skaven lines through sheer force. They have some problems facing the Skaven warmachines but they will dominate the magic phase and the Close COmbat phase.

The army also seems tighter, meaning that I think it will work well together.
    "God is dead" Nietzsche- 1886
    "Nietzsche is dead" God- 1900

Why are there scams? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q71FLDIMBc8

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast