VW FBVW MkIII Rd. 3: Match 28 - Terror's Toll v. Aetherlust - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    131 (x5)

FBVW MkIII Rd. 3: Match 28 - Terror's Toll v. Aetherlust

Map 6 - Fortified Manor

First Turn - Terror's Toll

Terror's Toll

Tomb King w/Collar of Shapesh, Spear of Antarhak, Armor of the Ages, Shield
    268 pts
    Armor of the Ages- Heavy armor, +1 wound
    Spear of Antarhak- Whenever the Tomb King causes an unsaved wound, either he or his unit regains one wound for each one caused.
    Collar of Shapesh- If he takes wounds, on a 4+ he may distribute them to any model within 4" instead of himself

(Hierophant)Liche Priest w/ Cloak of the Dunes, Hieratic Jar- 165 pts
    Hieratic Jar- allows one additional casting of an incantation. One use.
    Cloak of the Dunes- Is considered a flyer, but can't march. 3d6 pursue movement.

Liche Priest w/ Skeletal Mount, Dispel Scroll- 148 pts

Liche Priest w/ Skeletal Mount, Dispel Scroll- 148 pts

2 Units of 20 Archers (no command)

2 Units of 3 Chariots (no command)

22 Tomb Guard with Full Command, Banner of the Undying Legion- 319 pts

2 Tomb Scorpions

Screaming Skull Catapult with Skulls of the Foe
    Screaming Skull Catapult with Skulls of the Foe

TOTAL POINTS- 1998

MAGIC
    Incantation Dice: 8
    Dispel Dice: 5 (as well as 2 Dispel Scrolls)

TATCTICS
    My Tomb King will be in the unit of Tomb Guard, and they'll be positioned between the two SSC's. I'll be trying to get as many shots as possible with them by having my 2 Liche Priests with dispel scrolls make them launch extra times. My archers will form firing lines in front of the catapults for extra protection, as well as extra firepower. My chariots will be my "heavy hitters" of sorts, and my Tomb Scorpions will be used to take out enemy artillery or possible magic casters sitting exposed behind their lines. If anyone approaches my catapults, my TK with his unit of TG's will advance to meet them.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aetherlust

Daemon Prince: Mark of Slaneesh, lvl 4 Mage (Lore of Slaneesh), Blade of Ether (no armor saves), Aura of Slaneesh (-1 to leadership of models in contact), Soul Hunger (Re-roll missed to hit rolls in first round of combat)

Exalted Daemon: Mark of Slaneesh, lvl 2 Mage (Lore of Slaneesh), Spell breaker (dispel scroll)

12X Daemonetts

6X Daemonetts on steeds

10X Furies

5X Chosen Chaos Knights of Slaneesh: Full command, War banner (+1 to combat resolution)

Chaos Giant: mutant monstrosity

Total points: 1995
    Power Dice: 8
    Dispel Dice: 5 (1 Scroll)

This army is designed to move very fast. It does not have much pure hitting or stopping power in any one unit so it relies on combined charges against weakened and vulnerable units. Small units and war machines will be targeted first and eliminated so that I can maneuver to bring maximum units to bear on single large units one at a time. Terror and fear play a large part in this also. With 3 terror causing units and 3 fear causing units in the army, when the target unit is beaten they will be outnumbered and will auto-break, as well as having the terror radii to hopefully panic large sections of opposing armies. Finally my magic will help ensure that the units I select will be where I want them to.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow... this is gonna be tricky. Everything immune to Psychology isn't exactly what I was hoping for. At least I'm going first!

Screaming Skull Catapults- AMAZING right about now. Since they're magical, the Daemons won't be getting their saves, which is very nice indeed. Also, since I have more Incantation Dice that he has Dispel Dice, I should be able to get off 3+ shots a turn with my catapults combined. And since I'll be starting them on the hill (of course) they'll be able to keep on firin'.

The Giant shouldn't be all that much of a problem, seeing as how my arrows ALWAYS hit on a 5+, and since he's a large target, both my ranks can shoot at him as well.

I think that my Scorpions are, for once, NOT going to start out below ground. I think what I'll do is have them wait near the rest of my army and try to take out those knights, and pray for a killing blow. After all, Chosen Knights are very, very scary. If, for some reason, they're not able to reach the Knights, they'll go after the Exalted Daemon and pray even harder.

My Chariots are there, as always, to flank enemy units that might draw too near. Obviously, this is going to happen VERY quickly, so I'll want to have them in a good starting position in order to try and take them down.

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

i think for now im going to vote Tomb Kings to win this one.
    The big things of the chaos army are quite nasty, but unarmoured, and a SSC direct hit on the giant or Prince will see them off fairly quickly, doing D6 wounds. They will also be able to do good damage to everything else in the event of a scatter, being magical and not allowing saves.
    The smaller deamon units wont last long against much, with the arrows of the tomb kings hurting their small numbers, and chariot units to mop them up with impact hits.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

I vote Terror's Toll. I don't think it will be a cakewalk for the TK's by any stretch of the imagination. The terrain favors the Daemons carrying out their game plan to a good extent. They can hide behind terrain and go for smaller units and warmachines, but those catapults and archers are still going to do some damage before they're eliminated. Rather, if they're eliminated. I just don't think there will be enough left of the Daemon's forces to kill enough VPs in the long run.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

Voting for Terror's Toll. The combination of the hill + first turn is just a dream for the catapults, the Chaos are a bit shy on the dispel dice, and when CC time comes the skellies actually have the static CR advantage for once. The chaos army in the end just has too few units, making each of them very juicy targets. And wuggles made a wise decision keeping his scorpions out on the flanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a great army for me to go up against. Look at all the small units of things I can hit and smash! Priests outside of units, 2 war machines, chariots that probably won't get to charge, single scorpions, it's got almost nothing to bog me down in combat. and I will be inside the effective range of the SCCs (unless they are that willing to hit their own troops) very quickly. And the terrain is great for me, I can use it to shield my fast troops from the SCCs and charge into the rest of the army.

that said, good luck Wuggles. you've got a solid list, and undead is bad for me to run into.
    When life gives you lemons, beat it over the head and take its wallet.

Army W/L/D
    Emperors Children: 66/27/19
    Imperial Guard: 71/27/10
    Space Marines: 9/17/2
    Eldar: 41/34/25
    WFB
    Skaven: 79/36/35
    Chaos: 23/20/46
    High Elves: 35/27/6

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    55 (x1)

Chalk up another Tomb Kings vote due to the aforementioned reasons of first turn, loads of shooting and not enough dispel dice.
    2000AD's answer to all "How do VC deal with ..." questions: Forbidden Lore + 2 Power Stones.
    Further answers will require more vodka.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Cyric the Mad's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    706 (x8)

Man, those SSC's are going to have a field day with this battle. And (to further repeat the point) having the first turn means loads of mayhem dished out by the Tomb Kings. If enough chaos units make it to combat, they might have a shot. It'd be a fun match to watch, to be sure. For our purposes here, however, I've got to give victory to Terror's Toll.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    131 (x5)

Terror's Toll eliminates Aetherlust 5-0.

Closed Thread