Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Finally im am able to get the ball rolling on the next Fantasy Votewar. Spector has handed control of this one over to me. Slightly nervous, but ill do my best to please. I hope its not too soon for anyone with MkIII having finished about a week ago.
This Votewar will be a team event, using the boarder patrol rules available from the GW site.
Teams will be self chosen pairs. Both partners will have a 500point Border Patrol force (abiding by the rules given in the above document) and these two forces will combine to make a single 1000point force to represent them in the votewar.
(Note, Ogre characters also will be allowed a 165point limit, similiar to the TK liche priest)
In order to simplify things a little, i have redone the Allies Chart from the above pdf. An X indicates the two armies may be allied.
As with previous votewars, it will be a double elimination tournament.
Submitting Army Lists
- Submit both allied 500point lists at the same time, with one combined Name for the army.
- Nominate one character as General, and they will remain your general for the whole tournement. (Highest Ld Character must be the General, in the case of equal Ld you are free to decide)
- Include brief descriptions of any magic items, and the magic levels of any wizards.
- Include the number of Power dice, Dispel dice and Scrolls at the bottom of the list (Each 1000point team ha a combined Dice Pool, so 2 basic, +2 Dispel for dwaves, etc)
- Include the points costs of the two armies individually (each has a 500point limit)
- Any basic tactical info you wish to include.
Things that will change each round
- First Turn, will be rolled for prior to each match and included in the matchup post.
(I will assume Bretoinnians will pray unless you tell me otherwise before voting begins, in which case the side with Bretonnians will have 2nd turn)
- A map will be selected for each game. The 1st army will be in the top deployment zone, and the second in the bottom.
- Players must tell me from which Lore any mages will be selecting spells, and the spell preference order from the lore.
Mage 1 (lvl 3) - Lore of Fire; Order = Spell #5,1,3,4,6,2
D6 rolls = 3,5,6
Spells chosen would be 5, 1, and 3. (6 is defaulted out for 1 since 1 was higher on the list given by the player)
Round Info and Voting Rules
All times will be GMT.
-Rounds will start at Midnight on the date listed and run for 3 days.
-If a Round is tied after 3 days, an extra day will be given to break the tie.
-If a Round is still tied after 4 days, a Powervote will be taken into account to break the tie.
Yes! Anyone is free to look over the threads and cast their vote as they see fit. You don't need to have a list in the tournament in order to cast a vote. There are three universal rules for casting a vote, however -
1) The list you vote for must be in bold. This makes it easy for us to tally the votes at the end.
2) You must give a reason as to why you voted how you did. The whole idea is to garner feedback on the lists, so a vote without feedback serves no purpose. Also, stating "I agree with so and so" is not a valid reason. Even if you are simply repeating someone else, sometimes stating something in your own words gives better perspective than just a blanket "I agree" statement.
3) You cannot vote for your list. You can argue for it and defend it, but you cannot vote for it.
Entrants (Paired Names are Teamed, Unpaired Names are Looking for a Partner)
Cryic the Mad
Post in this thread if you want to sign up and i will add you to the list. Let me know when you find partners too!
If anyone has any questions feel free to PM me, or post here and ask. If there is anything i have missed out of this post please let me know and I will update.
Last edited by Spector; October 30th, 2007 at 00:38.
Make sure everyone signs up here. This should be a fun event with list building at a size you hardly play at now-a-days. So get those entries in!
Question: What kind of future are we looking at kicking this off? eg tomorrow, 6 years...?
Curious to know really, but it could also influence how much I redo my list(s) and decide between them.
Perhaps someone would be up to making a cool image to promote this VoteWar.
Well looking at it, i think 16 teams may have been a bit ambitious. So if i aim for 8 teams, then we only need one more entrant. The votewar will essentialy start then, though it may take a while for all the lists to get to me with the whole PM and inbox database errors.
As for the advert, Cyric did the last one. I dont think its really essential if were only looking for one more person. However Cyric, i was going to ask about the possibility of maps? If you could Sir that wouls be awesome. I havent seen you online for a while though, not on Chat anyway.
Anyway, as for your list AFG, lets say about a week until kickoff, fingers crossed, so you have a decent amout of time to work on your list.
Edit, ive just had a PM from flameseeker, so we now have enough people to run with 8 teams. If there are enough people who want more entrants though, then we can wait and expand to 16 teams, with increased advertising. Any thoughts?
Last edited by Phoenix; September 8th, 2007 at 12:27.
I'll gladly do maps for this event. How many do you suppose we'll need?
If anyone has suggestions for improvement over the last batch of maps, now would be a grand time to let me know.
As for the sig image, well I did the last one because it was fun - I imagine I'll end up doing another one for the same reason.
Cool, well ive had another reply, so were now up to 17
Cyric, i think 12 maps would be good again if we are heading for 16 teams then the variety wound be good. Personally i have no complaits about the last ones. Just aim for 4'x4' this time.
I may put posts in the other army areas too. There is one 'advert post' already in the general FB forum. Ill see how the recruiting goes.
well, I would like to participate, so if anyone wants to team with me then lemme know
"I am the architect of fate!"