Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Well, its been a long time coming, but here we go!
This thread is for general use throughout the votewar. Ill be using it to keep track mostly, but if anyone wishes to post comments / questions / cocky snipes at opponants, then feel free.
Tossy + Demandred "Lord Hyppee Lefleur's Tree Hugging Knights"
Arklite + Stonehambey "Drokki Grungbad’s 20 bolt salute and Tooth and Claw"
Spector + Gingerninja ''Hoof and Claw''
Flameseeker + Anthraxium
Deceiver + Pookakitty ''Children of Chaos''
Cyric the Mad + Nepthysis "Fat, Black, Horny, and Joe"
Wuggles + Superbock
LordLink + Lastspartacus "The Pantry Raiders"
DavidVC04 + Visitor Q
Andre + Shrither
ArchonFarseerGuy + Tankmaster
Finally im am able to get the ball rolling on the next Fantasy Votewar. Spector has handed control of this one over to me. Slightly nervous, but ill do my best to please.
This Votewar will be a team event, using the boarder patrol rules available from the GW site.
Teams will be self chosen pairs. Both partners will have a 500point Border Patrol force (abiding by the rules given in the above document) and these two forces will combine to make a single 1000point force to represent them in the votewar.
(Note, Ogre characters also will be allowed a 165point limit, similiar to the TK liche priest)
In order to simplify things a little, i have redone the Allies Chart from the above pdf. An X indicates the two armies may be allied.
As with previous votewars, it will be a double elimination tournament.
Submitting Army Lists
- Submit both allied 500point lists at the same time, with one combined Name for the army.
- Nominate one character as General, and they will remain your general for the whole tournement. (Highest Ld Character must be the General, in the case of equal Ld you are free to decide)
- Include brief descriptions of any magic items, and the magic levels of any wizards.
- Include the number of Power dice, Dispel dice and Scrolls at the bottom of the list (Each 1000point team ha a combined Dice Pool, so 2 basic, +2 Dispel for dwaves, etc)
- Include the points costs of the two armies individually (each has a 500point limit)
- Any basic tactical info you wish to include.
Things that will change each round
- First Turn, will be rolled for prior to each match and included in the matchup post.
(I will assume Bretoinnians will pray unless you tell me otherwise before voting begins, in which case the side with Bretonnians will have 2nd turn)
- A map will be selected for each game. The 1st army will be in the top deployment zone, and the second in the bottom.
- Players must tell me from which Lore any mages will be selecting spells, and the spell preference order from the lore.
Mage 1 (lvl 3) - Lore of Fire; Order = Spell #5,1,3,4,6,2
D6 rolls = 3,5,6
Spells chosen would be 5, 1, and 3. (6 is defaulted out for 1 since 1 was higher on the list given by the player)
Round Info and Voting Rules
All times will be GMT.
-Rounds will start at Midnight on the date listed and run for 3 days.
-If a Round is tied after 3 days, an extra day will be given to break the tie.
-If a Round is still tied after 4 days, a Powervote will be taken into account to break the tie.
Yes! Anyone is free to look over the threads and cast their vote as they see fit. You don't need to have a list in the tournament in order to cast a vote. There are three universal rules for casting a vote, however -
1) The list you vote for must be in bold. This makes it easy for us to tally the votes at the end.
2) You must give a reason as to why you voted how you did. The whole idea is to garner feedback on the lists, so a vote without feedback serves no purpose. Also, stating "I agree with so and so" is not a valid reason. Even if you are simply repeating someone else, sometimes stating something in your own words gives better perspective than just a blanket "I agree" statement.
3) You cannot vote for your list. You can argue for it and defend it, but you cannot vote for it.
As for Round 1, the match ups are as follows:
Deceiver + Pookakitty "Children of Chaos" vs Gingerninja + Spector "Hoof and Claw"
Flameseeker + Anthraxium vs Seed list, LM+WE
Cyric the Mad + Nepthysis "Fat, Black, Horny, and Joe" vs ArchonFarseerGuy + Tankmaster
Shrither + Andre vs Arklite + Stonehambey "Drokki Grungbad’s 20 Bolt, Tooth and Claw salute"
Wuggles64 + Superbock vs DavidVC04 + Visitor Q
Tossy + Demandred "Lord Hyppee Lefleur's Tree Hugging Knights" vs LordLink + Lastspartacus "The Pantry Raiders"
Last edited by Phoenix; November 22nd, 2007 at 00:54.
Deciever, I'm not sure your aware, but you somehow have your PM box set up so that people cannot send you messages, they can only reply to messages that you have sent them.
Just letting you know as I ran into that problem while trying to PM you me and tossy's list
"I am the architect of fate!"
Ok. Im not whats wrong there, sorry about that Demandred. I seem to be receiving PM's from other people ok. Ill take a look. I have just received 2 PM's from you, looks like they were forwarded.
Edit: My settings all seem to be ok so im not sure whats going on there. Sorry if anyone else has had similiar problems, i wasnt aware of it.
Sorry about the mistake in your list too Demandred. If anyone else notices any mistakes, please let me know asap.
Last edited by Phoenix; October 30th, 2007 at 01:28.
Yeah I actually just copy+pasted into a reply to one of your PM's
"I am the architect of fate!"
Ive just added who gets the first turn to each game. I assumed that Bretonnians would be praying. If a team won the roll, i gave it 1st turn. If youd rather have second turn let me know.
If i recieve maps then i will begin to include them in later rounds.
I'm sorry but whats the point of paying for something like Scout upgrades when there are no maps? If there weren't going to be any we really could have been told. Cyric's not the only one around here with MS Paint and he has all kinds of mod responstibilities.
Sorry, folks. We just finished our big convention season at work, which meant I was beyond busy there for a bit. Also meant when I got home the last thing I wanted to do was look at Illustrator any longer.
I've got a Land Raider that I absolutely must finish painting by Thursday, but you have my word that maps will start coming within the next day or so.
No biggie on the maps, if worst comes to worst, use the maps from Votewar MkIII.
Hey people. Just a few quick messages:
1) Ive received a list from Shrither. He appollogises for being late and would really like to take part still. So, if its ok with everyone, i would like to sub in his list, in place of the Seed list i paired with Andre, when we get to the next round.
2) My Laptop has broken... again Basically its permanantly running at 100% CPU usage (if anyone has any idea of how to fix this, HELP! lol) anyway, i may have to look at resetting it, for the 4th time in a year dammit!
Hence i am appologising in advance if i am not arouud too often for a while (This really isnt going well for me is it...)
Also ill be loosing anything i have saved on my laptop, lists and matchup data etc. I hope i have everything i need still saved in PM's. There may be a few mistakes in future rounds though.
Keep up the great voting! oh, and advertise!