VW Round 1 Match 4: Arklite + Stonehambey vs Shrither + Andre - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Round 1 Match 4: Arklite + Stonehambey vs Shrither + Andre

Arklite + Stonehambey "Drokki Grungbad’s 20 bolt salute and Tooth and Claw"

Dwarves
    Drokki Grungbad
    master engineer
    master rune of gromril
    brace of pistols
    105 points

10 Quarrellers
    shields
    great weapons
    140 points

10 Quarrellers
    shields
    great weapons
    140 points

Big Brunhilda
    Grudge thrower
    Rune of accuracy
    115 points

master rune of gromril: 1+ save
    Brace of pistols: 2 pistols
    rune of accuracy: re-roll the scatter dice (gives 5/9 chance of a direct hit)
    Master engineer: when attached to the grudge thrower provides re-rolls on the artillery dice.

Lizardmen
    Saurus scar veteran
    Great weapon
    Shield
    Light armour
    Charm of the Jaguar warrior
    113 points

15 Saurus warriors
    full command
    210 points

5 Saurus cavalry
    175 points

Charm of the Jaguar warrior: provides the bearer with Movement 9

Total points: 998
    Power Dice: 2
    Dispel Dice: 2

VS

Andre + Shrither (First Turn)

Orc
    Savage Orc big boss (General)- 81
    - additional choppa
    - light armour

19 savage orcs- 200
    - additional choppas
    - standard

5 spider riders- 65

5 wolf riders- 65
    - spears

Orc boar chariot- 85
    - extra Orc

Dark Elf
    Dark elf Noble: 112pts
    Heavy Armour, Shield, Lance, Sea Dragon Cloak
    Mounted on Cold one

10 Warriors: 115pts
    Repeater Crossbows
    Musician

5 Dark Riders: 97pts
    Musician

5 Cold one Knights: 172pts (Noble here)
    Musician and Standard

Power dice: 2
    Dispel dice: 2

Last edited by Phoenix; October 30th, 2007 at 22:05.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Ok people, viting for this one is now open. Unfortunately ive heard nothing from Shrither, so i have a Seed list to accompany Andre, atleast for this round. Hope this is ok with everyone.
    As it started 1 day later, voting on this match will finish 1 day late than the others.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

1283 (x8)

That grudge thrower is going to cause some havoc. It's unusually accurate with the Master Engineer and Rune of Accuracy.

The additional quarrelers will outdo the Dark Elves. And that Scar Vet is going to cause major problems for the chariot.

I see the spider and wolf riders confounding things for the enemy somewhat, but I've got to give this one to Lizzies and Dwarfs.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Monkey of Mystery The Paint Monkey's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    743 (x8)

I'm thinking Orcs and Dark Elves but it'd be close. If they use their speed to get dark riders, cold ones and the chariot around a flank then it's all in their favour. The greenskin cav can hold off the saurus cav for long enough to let it happen too. With the cav mopping up the dwarves it comes to a punch up between the savage orcs and the saurus; and the orcs might end up with returning cav on their side.

Still- poor luck one way or the other (I'm looking at you stoopid cav) then things will change.
    No more NG spearmen, thanks! Now I need some pump-wagons!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    458 (x8)

I'm going to have to place my "much sought-after" vote in favour of the Dwarfs and Lizzies. That JSoD ill cause many, many problems. The Dwarfs have the enemy at shooting and the Lizardmen have them at combat. I see there is a lot of synchronization been going on

Besides, if the general can be taken down, the Saurus Cavalry will do much damage against the Orcs.

-AFG

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    451 (x8)

Right, now that I’m free and able to post some battle plan and tactics lets get this going properly. As currently in command of the dwarf lizzie alliance i put forwards the following.

Due to the enemy being rather damned nippy the logical response is to play defensive and maximise the superior firepower of our own forces.

The quarrellers would form up on the flanks of the 12 strong saurus unit and the whole force would be moved towards one of the table quarters. the grudge thrower would be emplaced on the outside edge of the formation and entrenched receiving both hard cover and a defended obstacle making it a rather risky prospect to attack with any of the lighter cavalry units. (dark riders, wolf riders, spider riders) as all charge bonuses are lost and a big negative modifier to hit them.

The cold one knights and jaguar veteran would act as a counter assault force making use of their high speed and manoeuvrability to engage enemy units of concern.

The grudge thrower would firstly eliminate the chariot on the grounds that "it can" thanks to its re-rolls on BOTH the scatter and artillery dice and its d6 wounds. Meaning that even a glancing hit would be dangerous. after the chariot is eliminated the savage orcs would come to its attention.

The quarrellers would be using their huge range right from the start to pick at and eliminate enemy light cavalry units and, if they entered range of both units, the cold one knights. In the event the saurus unit gets charged the quarrellers would act as flankers using their great weapons with lethal intent. If charged themselves they would try to hold on the basis that we are at the table edge ^_^

peace out, Arky :C

spambot kill tally: 79

[16:19] <@Alzer> Arky's right though
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> I know he is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> He usually is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> Sometimes it's intentional.
    ----
    [00:01] <+zubus> i love you, ya skirt wearin nothern monkey! ^_^

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    69 (x3)

Well, given that im now alone out there i guess the battle is in my hands.
    Given the defensive nature of the opposition the main objectives for me are destroying their more aggresive units.
    To this end the dark elf crowwbows will be aimed at the saurus cavalry from the start, concentrated fire power should have them wiped out by the time my forces get into their charge range.
    Im not entirely sure how I'd deal with the JSOD, but if i could tempt it out with one of my faster units, i might be able to isolate it.
    The many fast moving units in my army give me plenty of oppurtunity to get round the flanks of the enemy.
    The cold one knights will concentrate on getting to the enemy lines in one peice, this would require some screening action, probably from the spider riders (same speed) but would depend on terrain (maybe next round).
    Once the, admittedly, proabbly depleted savage orcs get to combat range, they'll waagh to make sure of the charge, and their 12 S4 and 5 S5 attacks should murder whichever unit they come across, main target would be the saurus warriors. That said, if i broke through a unit of quarellors then id be behingd the enemy line, putting them in a very difficult position.
    I'd say more, but i gotta rush off.
    cheers for voting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    62 (x2)

Arklite + Stonehambey

They have shooting close combat and some mobility with the cav and Scar vet. After the DE and Orcs make it through the shooting, I think the dwarves and lizzies will be in a good position to counter charge and win it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

579 (x8)

This one is really hard to call. I think in the main, it will be decided by the results of Stand and Shoot charge reactions.

The only decent sized infanbtry block are the Saurus, anfd these guys are quite slow.

Given the Gwarf Grudge Thrower will likely nail the Chariot (although that will probably be its only kill, on average) Then the rest of the Orc/ De force will probably reach the dwaves pretty unscathed...
    ... were it not for those Quarellers. They will probably be hitting the small Spider and Wolf units and making those flee easily enough.

That leaves the Orc unit alive though, and i think they should be able to handle the lesser numbered Saurus in CC.

Ofcourse it depends how the Jag ScarVet is used. He pretty much needs to be kept in the Saurus unit, or DE shooting will likely pick him off. Pretty much restricting him to the Saurus unit.

Both CoK units will be fairly matched, probably the winner being decided by the charge.

So it all comes down to the Remainder of the Orcs (considering they have beaten the saurus) charging against the remaining Quarellers of which the DE shooting failed to kill. And i think this is where the game will be handed to the Dwaves and Lizzies.

Phew! Wow, what a machup...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

579 (x8)

This one goes to Arklite + Stonehambey 4-1. And here ends round 1.

Closed Thread