VW Round 1 Match 6: Tossy + Demandred vs LordLink + Lastspartacus - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Round 1 Match 6: Tossy + Demandred vs LordLink + Lastspartacus

Tossy + Demandred "Lord Hyppee Lefleur's Tree Hugging Knights"

Bretonnia
    Paladin- 120 - General
    Knights Vow
    Barded Warhorse
    Lance and Shield
    Virtue of Knightly Temper

5x Knights of the Realm- 128
    Musician + Free Champ

6x Knights Errant- 127
    Musician + Free Champ

16 Peasant Bowmen- 122
    Musician
    Brazier
    Skirmishers

Wood Elves
    Branch Wraith - Lvl 1 wizard - 115
    -Lvl 1 Wizard. Spell: 1 Tree Singing
    -Travels with dryads

12 x Glade Guard - 144

10 x Dryads - 120

10 x Dryads - 120

Power dice: 3
    Dispel dice: 3

VS

LordLink + Lastspartacus "The Pantry Raiders" (First Turn)

Ogres
    Butcher /w biting blade
    20 Gnoblar Fighters
    20 Gnoblar Fighters
    4 Bulls
    4 Bulls

Beasts
    Bray-Shaman (General)
    Level 2, Braystaff
    Spells: 1 The Bears Anger, 6 The Wolf Hunts

Beastherd- 12 Ungors, 8 Gors, Foe-Render
    Beastherd- 12 Ungors, 8 Gors, Foe-Render
    8 Chaos Hounds
    Tuskgor Chariot

Well, the idea is just to go hard and fast, not much more to say. Ogres crash into people whilst the beastmen ambush stuff.

Power dice: 5
    Dispel dice: 4

Last edited by Phoenix; October 30th, 2007 at 03:35.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    172 (x7)

Ok, so first I think I would target the Chariot with my knights, while my peasant bowman would soften up whatever targets are available (assuming that the warhounds and herds are all ambushing) If the warhounds aren't ambushing I would target them with my Peasants (hopefully along with the GG) Once we panic/destroy the warhounds the Bray Shaman's most annoying spell (The Wolf Hunts) is rendered obsolete

Once my knights finish with the chariot ( a likely outcome with my Paladin) I would move on to the ogre force. If the gnoblars are screening the bulls I would lance charge them and most likely break them, and then overrun into the bulls.

I would focus on one unit of bulls at a time so as to be sure of breaking/destroying them, which shouldn't be to hard on a LD7. Also it should be pretty easy to fit both units of knights in against a single Ogre unit what with the massive frontage that 4 have (3 alone are wider than a normal unit ranked 5 across). In the meantime my peasants would stand ready to assist in shooting at whatever units are available.

Some of our Strengths-

-My Knights are faster than anything on the field, so with good placement should be able to dictate what they fight and where
    -low leadership makes the ogres liable to break against lance charges.
    -Low leadership also gives the Dryads a distinct edge against the beastherds because of the Dryads' fear.
    -16 Peasant bowmen and 12 Glade Guard should do a very good job at softening up any targets.
    -The Peasant Bowmen all have flaming attacks, so if trollguts is succesfully cast, they could help against the ogres.

-The enemy does have us outclasses on magic, but we could easily save dice to stop some of the worst spells from getting through, such as toothcracker or trollguts, or stopping a bonecruncher from going through on my knights.
    -We are also outnumbered, but most of what is outnumbering is are poor troops that wont stand up to much.
    "I am the architect of fate!"

Blood & Souls for Khaine! flameseeker574's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im going with the orges and beasts on this one, their fast force should be hard to corner for those knights especially on a terrian heavy board. Also their magic will dominate.

so skirmishers+numbers+chariot+bulls+magic= hard list to beat in 1k
    Last edited by flameseeker574; October 30th, 2007 at 02:54.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x1)

Wood Elf Tactics:
    Glade Guard: they line up in a single rank of 12 and will take aim at the chaos hounds first until their Low LD causes them to flee, then will continue to rain arrows on anyone within 30", if they are within 15" those arrows are st4 and then they will run

Dryads: 2 single file teams so that the archers can still see everyone. They skirmish so no ranks. and go after the herds. Dryads cause fear, each have 2 attacks and are strong strong strong (oh and they never run). Due to the Herds low LD they will not be having fisticuffs for long before the herds run.

If they do not ambush, they will protect the back of the knights as they make their charge up the field until they also can get to the herd.

when they clean up the herds, they will continue to CC with the Shaman unless already dead from the Glade guard, or just kill who ever is closest and squishy

the branch wraith will cast tree singing to block paths, or my fav, if they are near or in the forest (or similar terrain feature) they will have D6 st5 hits on them. and trust me that hurts, i have made many an orge/ork/most units that can run, run through the amount of damage hat does

</tactics>
    Wash: This landing is gonna get pretty interesting.
    Mal: Define "interesting".
    Wash: [deadpan] Oh God, oh God, we're all going to die?

Blood & Souls for Khaine! flameseeker574's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tossy View Post
    oh and bret knights, the best in fantasy ^_^
    for point values sure but for sheer killing power im going with a unit of slannesh chosen knights with the frenzy spell on them lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    458 (x8)

REALLY tough call, but I'm going to have to side with Bretts and Woodies on the grounds the Fear-causing units and long-ranged charges will do too much damage. With only the Bulls and the General being immune to fear, and only the Bulls, Warhounds and Chariot having a longer range than the Dryads, they will have a hard time winning this one.

-AFG

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    77 (x1)

*feels stupid* you can delete this post or keep it as a testament to my stupidity

We will leave it as a testament to you being silly, and as a warning to all those that follow you!!! :p GN out
    Last edited by gingerninja; October 30th, 2007 at 13:17. Reason: Posted in the wrong spot, silly me
    Wash: This landing is gonna get pretty interesting.
    Mal: Define "interesting".
    Wash: [deadpan] Oh God, oh God, we're all going to die?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wood Elves/Brets I think that the knights over power most things on the board. I also think low Leadership will play a major roll in this game. To many ways of having the beasts flee.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Ogres lose out to Brets superior charge range. And Wood Elves eat Ogres for lunch in my experience. Having more than 20 shots a turn will also help turn the battle to Brets and Wood Elves.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    228 (x8)

Well, Bull's have a charge range of 12".

Overrun is 3d6. Hardly guaranteed to go through the gnoblars and straight into the ogres. If the gnoblar's screen them then its almost 50/50 (with a very slight favour to the ogres) on who gets the charge. And if knights don't charge they die (lance bonus). Also if any gnoblar's don't break (easy to keep general around so few units) then the knights are in a whole lot of trouble.

Wood Elf and Peasant shooting hurts a fair bit but then there are a lot of beastmen around to ambush them.

Seems to me like this game revolves around how the gnoblars break and there are a lot of things that can go horribly wrong for the knights.

Ogre magic can also have a serious impact. Magic Missile's ignoring saves is a knights worst nightmare and stubborn gnoblars can break the battle.
    Check out my Codex: Farmyard Animals here!

If anyone wants any kind of help writing fluff for any kind of GW army just ask.

Fluffmaster
    Anzac Clan

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast