VW FBVW Mk. IV: Round 1 - Match 2: timk1111 v. SWAT - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    131 (x5)

FBVW Mk. IV: Round 1 - Match 2: timk1111 v. SWAT

Note: Player listed first has top deployment zone.

Map = 7. Chaos Wastes

First Turn = SWAT

Tomb Kings BONE FURY!!!!!!!

L - Liche High Preist
    Cloak of the Dunes, Heiratic Jar

H - Tomb Prince
    Great weapon, Collar of shappesh

H - Liche preist
    Skeletel Steed, Staff of ravening

H - Liche Preist
    Dispel scroll

C - 20x Skeleton Bowmen
    bows, standard, musician

C - 20x Skeleton Warriors
    HW, Light armour, Shield, Stanard, Musician

C - 8x Light Horsemen

C - 3x Swarms

S - 20x Tomb Guard
    Full Command

S - 4x Chariots
    Standard, Banner of the Undying Legion

S - Tomb Scorpion

S - 5x Carrion

R - Screaming Skull Catapault
    Skulls of the Foe

R - Screaming Skull Catapault
    Skulls of the Foe

TOTAL - 2244

Collar of Shapesh:- Transfer a wound on a roll of 4+ to a model within 4”
    Hieratic Jar – Cast 1 extra spell for one turn
    Staff of Ravening – Bound level 4, range 18”, 3D6 Str 2 hits
    Banner of the Undying Legion – Bound lvl 3. Casts summoning spell on unit.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Daemon Dogs of Deathly Disembowelment

Chaos Lord 377
    Mark of Khorne;
    steed; Barding
    Berserker Sword
    Armour of Damnation
    Gaze of the Gods
    Shield

5 Chosen Chaos Knights of Khorne 305
    Champion
    Musc

6 Chaos Knights of Khorne 278
    Champion
    Musc

Champion
    Musc

Champion
    Musc

Champion
    Musc

5 Warhounds

5 Warhounds

5 Marauder Cav 81
    Flails
    Musc

5 Marauder Cav 81
    Flails
    Musc

Spawn
    Khorne

Spawn
    Khorne

5 Furies

Total - 2241
    PD - 2
    DD - 10

Berserker Sword – Model adds number of attacks equal to the Unit strength of models in base contact / 2
    Armour of Damnation – Enemy must reroll successful attacks against bearer
    Gaze of the Gods – 4+ ward. If the model flees he is turned into a spawn

Last edited by gingerninja; February 12th, 2008 at 14:41.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

Okay, let's get the obvious out of the way. For the most part, I am the faster army. My all cav will easily out maneuver the bulk of his army, and be able to grab some important flanks early on.

Seeing as I have an all Khorny army, I have a ton of DD. I can use this to my advantage to block out any of his regen spells or anything else he throws my way. This can easily turn the tide of battle, keeping his casualties rising without any coming back.

The strength of my knights is insane. They roll through units on the charge, and with the ammount of attacks they generate, I am pretty much garenteed to break most units I face. My Chosen and Lord will take on anyone, ripping through even the toughest of units with loads of attacks thrown at them, and a nice save to boot!

The toughness of my knights really helps against shooting and in combat. With a 2+ normal save, and a 1+ Chosen save, they can weather most shooting and combat attacks.

The furies will warmachine hunt, and will go straight for his SSCs. The Marauders and warhounds will act as screens, and hit flanks where needed to negate any bonuses.

All in all, I think The Dogs have a rather good chance of success.

-J

I'm back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    131 (x5)

Wow, just a really unlucky draw for the Tomb Kings. Khorne has enough DD to nullify most (not all) of the Tomb Kings magic phase, which is going to hinder them alot. Combine that with the fact that the Tomb Kings really have nothing which can slow down the plethora of Khorne Chaos Knights, and this could get ugly very fast.

The Daemon Dogs of Deathly Disembowelment

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

I think this one will go to the side of Chaos.

The SSCs will likely only be getting one shot a turn each, even with a HP, the Dispel power of Khorne shuts the TK down quite well. Even if the SSCs manage to take down two of the Knight units (or atleast delaying by making them flee), there are still three more to worry about. And once the Knights hit combat, its going to be very hard for the TK, with their limited magic potential here, to prevent the slaughter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

High speed strong troops and easy ability to dispel magic, combined with not having to worry as much about Fear/Terror caused by undead hand this victory to Chaos.

A magic heavy but lightweight troop army that's strength relies on fear, terror, panic and spells, against a magic resistant heavy army that isn't as concerned about psychology as most other armies is not a good draw for the Tomb Kings.

VICTORY: CHAOS

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    69 (x3)

Chaos
    Big, hitty, frenzied armies with lots of dispel dice spell trouble for any Tomb King army.
    In this case, the frenzied knights of khorne will not only steamroller mos to fhte TK untis, but most of the army being immune to psychology will really negate the main tactics of the TK force.

The only hope for the Tomb Kings is to try and concentrate fire to take out as many of the small units as possible to gain magical advantage. But i think this would take too long before the frankly evil khorne units got into combat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    458 (x8)

If the infantry can hold the Knights off long enough, The Chariots can do some hard hitting.

But that's about all in favour of the TKs. I really feel for you timk1111. Your list relies on 2 things: Magic and Fear. This Khornate list can nullify both *gulp.

Thus, I'm going to go with Chaos ftw, at the risk of sounding repetetive.

-AFG

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    205 (x7)

Man, of all the lists I could've drawn...you all hate me, don't you

Oh well. My list if more about drawing the enemy towards me while I shoot the crap outta them, then I flank em with chariots or carrion.

Sorry, I didn't realise I could post up my tactics. Bit late now I guess.

I know Khorne has a lot of DD, I run a dragon Khorne Army (should've submited that list *slaps forehead*) But generaly, you need to throw more dispel dice at a spell then the powerdice used, so even 10 DD wont be enough vs 11 incantation dice and 2 bound spells (the styaff of ravening will play a big part I think, with all the furies, marauders and hounds running around...). The SSC will be shooting 3-4 times a turn. Should be enough to crunch the chosen unit, with a bit of luck. Kill 1 knight (hell, even the archers can do this. He'll roll a 1 eventually...), Lord get no Look Out Sir. First turn would've worked out better for me here, tho, so it has to be done quickly

The rest, well, they still only have 2 attacks each so 1-2 dead from a unit will really weaken them. I know when I run 5 chosen Khorne Knights (no charater..hes on a dragon) if 2 or so die, the unit quicklly looses potency My LH can be setup, so that a forced charge from the Knights open up a flank. Once there, depending on where each unit is on the board the Chariot unit could romp throgh them...

..It's all just theory. Haven't played TK for a while, but starting them back up.

And just remeber guys, Khorne based frenzy does NOT grant the attack to the steed. It's to do with to mark of khorne, frenzy isn't passed onto the mount...

Dont forget that scorpion and swarms, tho. In the flank of any of these unit (and the knights cant flee from it) could spell trouble Just need to kill 2 to get rid of frenzy...

Anyway, It was good to be part of my First Votewar.....these seem so much fun, and Ill have another list prepared for next time!

Regards, Tim

Now 17% more helpful gingerninja's Avatar
    In the ninja lab.......of course it exists!!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    262 (x7)

First of all Tim, you are guaranteed 1 more game at least, as this is double elimination.

Second, I don't think you are completely doomed. If you can use the carrion to march block from turn 1, and sit right back, giving you maximum distance on the knights, and the most time possible, you might have a chance.

If I were you, I would deploy a unit of bowmen, and the 2 catapults over the bridge in the bottom left corner. That way you would get the most shooting possible on the advancing khornate army. As you say, they won't get look out sir if you cause a couple of casualties.

Swinging your faster horsemen up the flank wouldnt hurt either. the carrion could use the support, and popping a tomb spider up behind will be useful.

In the end, with the right piece of luck, I can see you just edging this.

Tomb kings ftw

ninja out
    New LOChat functions now avaliable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheredanine View Post
    Dr Gingerninjas therapy room for kids with a poor grasp of both english and Warhammer, please take a ticket from nurse deciever

Need a list designed for any Fantasy army: Click Here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    205 (x7)

Sweet, double elimination. Thanks for that!

I dont know why Id didnt see that bridge...the bottom left would be a great position to hold.

I dont think I even need to bury the scorp either. Keep him amongt the lines, and use magic when I need it.

As for the outright win...I better create about 10 different LO accounts and vote for myself! Now theres a tactic!

I kid of course

Tim

EDIT: Hmmm, didnt appear in this post, but the one above has my new sig! Hope you guys like it!

Regards, Tim

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast