VW FBVW Mk. IV: Round 4 - Match 33: Wuggles64 (winner) v. SWAT - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    131 (x5)

FBVW Mk. IV: Round 4 - Match 33: Wuggles64 (winner) v. SWAT

Map = 15. Gone Fishin

First Turn = SWAT

The Self-Perpetuating Wuggles Device

Necrarch Vampire Count with Wrist Bands of Black Gold, Nehekara's Noble Blood, Master of the Black Arts (lvl 3 wizard after lvl 2 upgrade)- 335 pts

lvl 2 Necromancer w/ Book of Arkhan- 125 pts

lvl 2 Necromancer w/ Black Periapt- 115 pts

lvl 2 Necromancer w/ 2x Dispel Scrolls- 150 pts

20 Skeletons w/ Light Armor

20 Skeletons w/ Light Armor

5 Dire Wolves

5 Dire Wolves

8 Ghouls

6 Black Knights with Banner of the Barrows, Barding- 211 pts

6 Black Knights with Barding

6 Black Knights with Barding

3 Spirit Hosts

Banshee

3 Ogre Leadbelchers

TOTAL: 2250 pts
    11 power dice
    7 dispel dice (2 Dispel Scrolls)

I can have either 12 power dice or 8 dispel dice, depending on how I use the Black Periapt.

Wrist Bands of Black Gold- 3+ Ward Save against missiles of all types

Master of the Black Arts- all spells he casts add 6" to their range

Banner of the Barrows- All the Wights in the unit hit on 3+... ALWAYS!!!

Black Periapt- save an unused Power or Dispel die to be used in the next magic phase as eiter a dispel or power die.

Book of Arkhan- Free Danse Macabre every magic phase!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Daemon Dogs of Deathly Disembowelment

Chaos Lord 377
    Mark of Khorne;
    steed; Barding
    Berserker Sword
    Armour of Damnation
    Gaze of the Gods
    Shield

5 Chosen Chaos Knights of Khorne 305
    Champion
    Musc

6 Chaos Knights of Khorne 278
    Champion
    Musc

Champion
    Musc

Champion
    Musc

Champion
    Musc

5 Warhounds

5 Warhounds

5 Marauder Cav 81
    Flails
    Musc

5 Marauder Cav 81
    Flails
    Musc

Spawn Khorne

Spawn Khorne

5 Furies

Total - 2241
    PD - 2

DD - 8

Berserker Sword – Model adds number of attacks equal to the Unit strength of models in base contact / 2

Armour of Damnation – Enemy must reroll successful attacks against bearer

Gaze of the Gods – 4+ ward. If the model flees he is turned into a spawn

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

Well, first off, I can obviously take out all of his magic. This won't be too hard, with 8 DD. In combatm I should get all the charges, and run through his units with ease. My Lord's unit is very tough, and will hit harder than any other unit. The hounds and maurauders help screen me, and can hit flanks and warmachines if need be. My knights can shred his in combat, and all of his units are frail to so many attacks on the charge. My speed will also outrun him in this game, and I can easily out manuever him. My high save will weather any shooting, and in the end, keep me this game.

With so many things riding my way, it is pretty obvious that I can pull this one out. With my 8 DD, heavy hitting units, screens, flanks, speed, and armour, means that I can weather a storm and hit hard when I do.

Good luck Wuggs,

-J

I'm back.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Swat has some good points. He can overcome a lot of static res with average dice rolls.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

kinkeh secks pl0x?! Brother Tiberius's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    118 (x2)

Im actually going to go for the Counts on this one. heres why:

with 8 DD to 11PD theres a gap of 3.
    With 3 dice you can cast invocation quite a few times. 3 times at level1 if your really lucky.

This leaves us with some zombies popping up! and where will they be? baiting that lord and his unit of course!

With proper use of baiting strategy Wuggles has got this game bagged. Regardless of khornes hitting power all it takes is a strategically placed zombie unit and that khorne unit could end upp anywhere. the most oppurtune place would to bait them into the wood terrain which would take them completly out of the game.

This would leave 2 chaos knight units to deal with which could and would be swamped by the sheer weight of count goodness.

Counts will win, but its dependant on the magic phase.
    My homage to my time spent at Libararium Online:
    Crimson Fists
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...ml#post1658499

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Obviously, this is one of e armies I'm least prepaered to deal with... one that seriously damages my magic hase, while still havg tough troops. Luckily, using the black periapt, I'll have 12 PD ad a bound spell compared to his 8 DD... not a huge advantage, true, but hopefully nough to raise a unit or tw of zombies a turn. These usually won be meant to be kept around- rather, they'll bait his units of Knights towards as much terain as possible, trying to take s many of his units as possible out of combat. He's got 5 units of knghts, which is scary a hell, but I think that I've got so pretty good punch myself, with my 3 units of knights at S6 on the charge and having Killing Blow. The Banner of the Barrows will be ridiculously important here, to try and counteract his high WS. This is going to be a very tricky battle, but I think with a clever use of what limited magic I'm left with, I could pull it off.

(side note, I'm not sure if it applies... do Khorne Knights have magic weapons? If they don't, my job just got a little easier. Go ethereal units!

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

This one has to go to Chaos. The Vamps just done have enough magic superiority to keep their numbers high enough, and those skellies as they are dont stand a chance.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

1283 (x8)

After looking at the lists some more, I think VC can win this. The big feat will be keeping his general and other necros alive.

VC has three units of knights, too. Once those Chaos knights hit the blocks of skellies and cause a crap load of damage, they'll be flanked by something that's really going to hurt them back. Then they lose frenzy, and things just go downhill.

And spirit hosts are a big problem for the knights, and the banshee can drop hounds right and left.

Leadbelchers and ghouls can handle fast cav and spawn.

I see Chaos putting a big smack on the game but as the unbreakable troops battle on, it'll be a different story.

Vampire Counts for the win.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x2)

I think that the baitability(wonder if that is a word?) of the Khorne units will be the downfall of the Chaos army. The VC will not have alot of power dice but he does have an advantage and usually more dispel dice are used up per power dice used on spells. That gives the VC at least a couple shots per turn of pumping out some extra bait units. This lets the VC army take on the Chaos knights on there own terms. Bait some knights away, let one unit charge into the tar pit, proceed to flank with other units, rinse and repeat. I don't think it will be a walk in the park for the VC because the hounds and maruaders will cause trouble for the strategy but I do think that VC has enough supporting units to be able to deal with the Chaos supporting units while allowing the main strategy to take care of the big VP units, the knights. Victory will go to the VC.
    Last edited by NecroNid; March 12th, 2008 at 16:09. Reason: Forgot to place the actual vote, duh!!

Now 17% more helpful gingerninja's Avatar
    In the ninja lab.......of course it exists!!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    262 (x7)

I think there is enough magic to create bait for the chaos guys to be running around in circles before the VC can charge them. If the chaos guys are flank charged, they can't beat the static res.

VC with the magical superiority will take this.

ninja out
    New LOChat functions now avaliable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheredanine View Post
    Dr Gingerninjas therapy room for kids with a poor grasp of both english and Warhammer, please take a ticket from nurse deciever

Need a list designed for any Fantasy army: Click Here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    205 (x7)

Vampire Counts for me here.

With some pretty handy bait units, in the Dire Wolves and Spirit hosts, I can see them pulling through with some decent count charges. Magic should still be abundant, as even 8dd wont be enough.

Regards, Tim

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast