VW FBVW Mk. IV: Round 4 - Match 35: Spector v. s0m3w0n (winner) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    131 (x5)

FBVW Mk. IV: Round 4 - Match 35: Spector v. s0m3w0n (winner)

Map = 14. All Along the Watchtower

First Turn = s0m3w0n

Lord Aldric Oliver's Milita

Bretonnian Lord (General) - 254 points
    - Grail Vow, Virtue of Confidence, The Lance of Artois, The Grail Shield, Gauntlet of the Duel, Barded Bretonnian Warhorse

Paladin (BS - 114 points
    - Virtue of Knightly Temper, Barded Bretonnian Warhorse

Paladin - 137 points
    - Grail Vow, Sword of the Lady's Champion, Shield, Barded Bretonnian Warhorse

Damsel of the Lady - 105 points
    - Dispel Scroll, Bretonnian Warhorse

Damsel of the Lady - 95 points
    - Dispel Scroll

(9x) Knights Errant - 221 points
    - Musician, Standard Bearer, Errantry Banner

(10x) Knights of the Realm - 264 points
    - Musician, Standard Bearer

(8x) Knights of the Realm - 216 points

(20x) Men-at-Arms - 115 points

(20x) Men-at-Arms - 115 points

(16x) Peasant Bowmen - 117 points
    - Skirmish, Braziers

(3x) Pegasus Knights

(5x) Mounted Yeomen - 82 points
    - Musician

(5x) Grail Knights - 250 points
    - Musician, Standard Bearer, Banner of Defense

Total Points - 2245
    Power Dice - 4
    Dispel Dice - 4 (2 Scrolls)

Bretonnian Special Rules

All Knight units automatically are given unit champions free of charge.

Lance Formation - Bretonnian Knight units count ranks as 3 wide.

Command pushed back to the 2nd rank still operates as normal.

Damsels may be placed in the middle of the second rank and still cast, however, they do not have line of sight outside the unit when casting.

The Peasant's Duty - May use the Leadership of any non-fleeing Knight within 6" of the unit. Unit Standards that opponent captures do not give VP. (Applies to Men-at-Arms, Peasant Bowmen, and Mounted Yeomen)

The Knight's Vow - May ignore panic caused by friendly units with the Peasant's Duty. (Applies to all Knights)

The Grail Vow - Are Immune to Psychology. Always start the game with the Blessing of the Lady, regardless if the army prayed or not. All attacks made by models with the Grail Vow count as magical, however, this does not apply to the mount.

Blessing of the Lady - Affects all units with the Knight's, Questing, or Grail Vow. They receive a 6+ ward against all attacks, and a 5+ ward against attack S5 or higher. A unit or character loses the Blessing if they flee from combat (including breaking) or if they refuse a challenge they could have accepted.

Aura of the Lady - Damsels give the unit they are in Magic Resist (1).

Impetuous - If the unit is in charge range and has not declared a charge, they must take a Leadership test. If they test is failed, they must charge. If the test is passed, they may move normally. In addition, on the charge, Knights Errant and any character who has joined the unit are Immune to Psychology. (Applies to Knights Errant)

Living Saints - All Grail Knights count as unit champions for the purpose of accepting challenges.

Virtues and Magic Items

Virtue of Knightly Temper - For each attack that the Knight hits and wounds with on the charge (before saves) he may make an additional attack. Additional attacks cannot generate more additional attacks.

Virtue of Confidence - The Knight always issues/accepts challenges. In challenges, the Knight may re-roll all failed rolls to hit/wound.

Sword of the Lady's Champion - Always count the character's Strength as one higher than their target's Toughness, unless it would normally be more than this. At worst, the character will always wound on a 3+. Use the modified Strength to calculate Armor Save modifiers.

The Lance of Artois - Gives the user +2 Strength on the charge. Gives the user Killing Blow on turns where they charge.

The Grail Shield - Provides a 6+ armor save. Also increases the bearer's ward save from the Blessing of the Lady to a 4+ vs. all attacks. If the character loses the Blessing, he loses the ward save as well.

Gauntlet of the Duel - Any challenge issued cannot be refused.

Banner of Defense - The unit's ward save is increased to 4+ vs. all missles (including magical) of S5 or greater as long as they still have the Blessing of the Lady.

Errantry Banner - All Knights Errant gain +1 Strength (stacks with lances) on the turn they charge. Any unit with this banner suffers -2 to Impetuous tests.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ORC HORDE

Black Orc Big boss 218 pts
    Martogs's best basha
    Bigged's 'ed kickin boots
    Amulet of protectyness
    Light armour
    General

Orc Big Boss 147 pts
    Battle Standard Bearer
    Mork's Spirit Totem
    Choppa'

Orc Big Boss 110 pts
    Ulag's akk'rit Axe
    Enchanted Shield

Night goblin Shaman 100 pts
    x2 Dispel scrolls
    lvl 1 wizard

26 Orc Boyz 212 pts
    Full command
    Extra Choppa

25 Orc Boyz 205 pts
    Full command
    Extra Choppa

25 Orc Boyz 205 pts
    Full command
    Extra Choppa

25 Orc Boyz 205 pts
    Full command
    Extra Choppa

25 Night Goblins 170 pts
    Full command
    x3 Fanatic
    Hand weapon and shield

25 Night Goblins 170 pts
    Full command
    x3 Fanatic
    Hand weapon and shield

20 Black Orcs 298 pts
    Full command

x6 Spear Chukkas

Total 2250 of Orcs for you to kill.
    3 casting dice.
    3 dispel dice (plus mork's spirit totem)2 Scrolls.

Martogs's best basha: +1 WS, Int and Str

Bigged's 'ed kickin boots: +1 Attack

Amulet of protectyness: Model uses same ward and armour save as model that wounded it.

Mork's Spirit Totem: Adds dispel dice no = to the number of ranks of that unit.

Ulag's akk'rit Axe: +1 Str in first round of combat, reroll to hit rolls

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

kinkeh secks pl0x?! Brother Tiberius's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    118 (x2)

With the rocks impeding the orc advance the fanatic delivry service will be severly impaired in its placement. especially with the orc boys being on larger bases this will mean that there deployment area will be taken up with mostly them.

this leaves the Brettonians to specifically select its targets in a way to nullify the Orcs outnumbering advantage.

However if the brettonians are hit by the fanatics then they're will be hell. and the horsies will fall like flies.

I think it could be very very close but im going to have to go for the Orcs and Goblins.
    due to the fanatics and the sheer weight of numbers they will be able to throw at the knight units.
    My homage to my time spent at Libararium Online:
    Crimson Fists
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...ml#post1658499

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Despite the Orc numbers, i dont think they will be enough to shut down the Bretonnian charges. Fanatics dont hurt now nearly as much as they used to, and given the good saves of the Knights and their Wards the should be fine mostly. The Pegasi will walk through the Bolters, even if just one pegasus is left alive when they get there. The bolters are damaging, but not very accurate.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    451 (x8)

i think i'll throw my vote in for bretonians here. with a bit of baiting through the yeomen they should be able to get those fanatics out of the way quickly with minimal loss. the orc units, while numerous seem to lack the stopping power to impede those lances. more so with grail knights in the mix.

spambot kill tally: 79

[16:19] <@Alzer> Arky's right though
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> I know he is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> He usually is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> Sometimes it's intentional.
    ----
    [00:01] <+zubus> i love you, ya skirt wearin nothern monkey! ^_^

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

I like Orcs and Goblins. One more unit of Knights might have swayed me. The rocks will split the Brets making tandem charges more difficult. O&G can put goblins up front to flee charges and open up counter charges, especially with a well-timed waagh. Orcs best men-at-arms in combat. Orcs just need to survive the initial charge, and they've got it in the long run, especially once those characters get in the mix.

And those bolt throwers can deploy, at least a couple of them, in the trees, keeping the pegasus knights from flying in. THey'd have to land and run in. And with six of them, you only need half of them to hit a turn to really hurt the knights.

O&G
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x2)

I think that the big building will mess up Bret deployment more than the rocks will hinder O&G. Since the O&G will be able to set up across from the building they will be in better position for flank charging. The knights will cause damage on the charge but once again I think that the static res. of the O&G will allow them to weather the storm and after that numbers will prove telling. Quantity without quality will not win the day but there is enough quality(big orc mobs) in close combat to allow them to take the day. I see victory going to the O&G in a close battle.

Now 17% more helpful gingerninja's Avatar
    In the ninja lab.......of course it exists!!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    262 (x7)

This one will all come down to combat. How well can the Brets make it there without damage, how much damage can the fanatics and bolt throwers do in that time.

Since neither army has posted tactics, I would suggest the following will happen. The bolt throwers will probably aim for the largest knight block, or the Pegasus knights. If they are successful at maximum range, they will get 2 hits, probably 2 wounding rolls, and then it will be down to the ward save to stop the pegasus knights dying, (as the average roll on d3 is 2 wounds).

If they kill 2 of them, then the Brets have a real problem, as it will give the O&G free fire at the advancing Brets, damaging their charge. Less knights mean less kill, simple as that.

Without characters and average dice rolls, the Brets units of 9 knights, hitting a unit of 25 boyz, will win by 3+, meaning that the O&G, even with the BSB and general, will be struggling to stay together, and that is what will do it.

The Brets break 2-3 of the big units, then they have done there job. The grail knights will probably take on the Black orcs, and this will be the deciding combat, but without the fanatics killing a huge amount of knights, (and I believe the mounted yeomen will deal with them), I see the Brets taking this.

ninja out
    New LOChat functions now avaliable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheredanine View Post
    Dr Gingerninjas therapy room for kids with a poor grasp of both english and Warhammer, please take a ticket from nurse deciever

Need a list designed for any Fantasy army: Click Here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    205 (x7)

Behond, as I make my return!

Orcs for the win here, dude. Lack of speed is made for in huge numbers. Fanatics, at s5 armour peircing will stuff hurt. half a dozen spear chukkaz?! The night will be pegged back a rank bonus or two for sure, making the break on the charge harder.

So, the hode that can shoot seals it for me.

Regards, Tim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    458 (x8)

If the Bretts can make the fanatics flee, the game is theirs. But, unfortunately, they can't realistically send the Night Gobbos running, so the Fanatics will make burger of the Knights.

Also, such is the numbers that even one passed Break Test will spell doom for the Knights.

Thus, Orcies ftw.

-AFG

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    131 (x5)

s0m3w0n eliminates Spector, 5-3.

Closed Thread