VW FBVW Mk. IV: Round 5 - Match 40: Wuggles64 v. Arklite - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    131 (x5)

FBVW Mk. IV: Round 5 - Match 40: Wuggles64 v. Arklite

Map = 9. Dwarven Gates

First Turn = Arklite

The Self-Perpetuating Wuggles Device

Necrarch Vampire Count with Wrist Bands of Black Gold, Nehekara's Noble Blood, Master of the Black Arts (lvl 3 wizard after lvl 2 upgrade)- 335 pts

lvl 2 Necromancer w/ Book of Arkhan- 125 pts

lvl 2 Necromancer w/ Black Periapt- 115 pts

lvl 2 Necromancer w/ 2x Dispel Scrolls- 150 pts

20 Skeletons w/ Light Armor

20 Skeletons w/ Light Armor

5 Dire Wolves

5 Dire Wolves

8 Ghouls

6 Black Knights with Banner of the Barrows, Barding- 211 pts

6 Black Knights with Barding

6 Black Knights with Barding

3 Spirit Hosts

Banshee

3 Ogre Leadbelchers

TOTAL: 2250 pts
    11 power dice
    7 dispel dice (2 Dispel Scrolls)

I can have either 12 power dice or 8 dispel dice, depending on how I use the Black Periapt.

Wrist Bands of Black Gold- 3+ Ward Save against missiles of all types

Master of the Black Arts- all spells he casts add 6" to their range

Banner of the Barrows- All the Wights in the unit hit on 3+... ALWAYS!!!

Black Periapt- save an unused Power or Dispel die to be used in the next magic phase as eiter a dispel or power die.

Book of Arkhan- Free Danse Macabre every magic phase!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kazzad Dolvir's March of Vengeance

Glorel Delsten (Dwarf Lord)
    Great weapon
    Shield bearers
    Rune of stone
    Rune of resistance
    Master rune of challenge
    231 points

Urkral Dollyr (Thane)
    BSB
    Strollaz rune
    Marvelous hat (rune of guarding)
    175 points

Cohag Redforge (runesmith)
    Shield
    Rune of stone
    Master rune of balance

Yurbir Durgak (runesmith)
    Shield
    Rune of stone
    Spell breaker rune

Redforge clan Dwarf warriors [24] (Cohad's unit)
    Full command
    Shields
    241 points

Durgak clan Dwarf warriors [24] (Yurbir's unit)
    Full command
    Shields
    241 points

The Valbek Regulars Long beards [19] (Falent's unit)
    Full command
    Great weapons
    Shields
    Master rune of grungi
    341 points

Durrak Clan Dwarf Rangers [10]
    Great weapons
    Shields
    Throwing axes
    Champion
    Musician
    145 points

The Bazdukr Brotherhood Hammerers [18]
    Full command
    Shields
    264 points

Big Brunhilda
    grudge thrower
    rune of accuracy
    rune of burning
    110 points

The wicked sisters

bolt thrower
    rune of burning
    engineer
    65 points

bolt thrower
    engineer
    60 points

the Grungbad special
    flame cannon

total models in army 115 (4 of which are warmachines, 12 warmachine crew and 4 characters)
    power pool – 2
    dispel pool – 7 with 1 dice removed from the enemy power pool and 1 scroll.

shield bearers - +2 to armour, model becomes US3, 2 extra WS 5 S4 attacks. (note that shield bearers are not a true mount and the lord gains +2 strength as normal from his great weapon)

rune of stone - +1 to armour, a single rune of stone may be placed on any number of characters in the dwarf army. (case in point, runesmiths)

rune of resistance – re-roll failed armour saves.

Strollaz rune – all dwarf units within 12” may make a free move before the game starts, units count as moving in the first turn in regards to missile fire.

Rune of guarding – 5+ ward save

Master rune of balance - -1 from enemy power pool, +1 to dispel pool

Rune of spell breaking - dispel scroll

Master rune of grungi – 5+ ward save against shooting and magic missile attacks for all dwarf units within 6” of the standard.

Rune of accuracy – re-roll the scatter dice (5/9 chance of direct hit)

Rune of burning – warmachine causes flaming damage

Engineers – bolt throwers may use the engineers BS

Royal blood – hammerers joined by a dwarf lord are immune to fear and terror

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    451 (x8)

ooooh boy am I a happy dwarf ^_^. Not only do I get the terrain I was hoping for in this match I get to fight on my home turf! Face me at your own peril vamps >=]

The key for this game will be to keep my flanks safe. If I loose my flanks I’ll loose combat and in turn break from fear (for anything but the hammerers at least).

I’ll be playing defensively this game as the vampires give me no reason to abandon my very strong position on this table.

Deployment will start with the most obvious part and that’s the war machines on that hill :happy:.

From this position they can rain their firepower across the table without me blocking my own line of sight or the vamp counts screening the more dangerous units. In front of these on the slope of the hill i will position the rangers to provide cover from enemy units who wish to zip past my lines and attack my war machines. the battle line will then form up swinging towards the right of the table in the following order - Warriors, Long beards, Warriors, Hammerers.

This order maximizes my flank protection thanks to having my stubborn AND immune to fear and terror beat stick unit on my flank. this forces the undead to take me in a head on battle which through my superior weapon skill, toughness and armour I should have little trouble holding then prevailing against the undead attack as long as my flanks are secure (not too hard thanks to the table layout)

my flame cannon has sadly lost some of its "umph" in this game but no worries as its still sporting a huge template and S5 meaning it can cause horrific damage to any large units the vampire counts choose to generate. The grudge thrower not only sports a template and d6 wounding attacks but is also magical. As such (should the need arise) I doubt I’ll have much problem clearing the spirit hosts from the table. (one of my two bolt throwers also has the charm of being magical.

Magic is a concern but not an overly pressing one. With 11 dice against my 7DD dice I would bank on the undead having to limit their casting to making sure their spells cast. I suspect I would be able to interfere with at least 2 and possibly three of their casts a turn in effect neutering the undead magic phase though unable to stop it completely.

Thanks to the hill I’m able to anchor my flank and give myself a powerful firebase. Combined with the resolute ld10 dwarves I bank on my army being able to survive and indeed dominate the meat grinder combats which will ensue from this battle.

VOTE BEARD!

spambot kill tally: 79

[16:19] <@Alzer> Arky's right though
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> I know he is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> He usually is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> Sometimes it's intentional.
    ----
    [00:01] <+zubus> i love you, ya skirt wearin nothern monkey! ^_^

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Well, I know what I'm thinking but I'll wait to see what Wuggles has to say.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh noes! I'm fighting them on their home base!

This is going to be ridiculously tough. A 4-PD advantage (plus a bound spell) is going to be tough to work with. Ditto fighting against a bunch of artillery. Well, at least I've got SOME magic to work with, and my vampire casts all spells at +1, so that's nice.

Clearly, I desperately need to break one of his flanks. His flanks are where his tougher (Immune to fear and terror, stubborn) troops are, so I'll concentrate a good deal of force on right next to his right flank... I plan on putting my meat shields (skeletons, raised zombahs) on the leftish-middle part of the table, so that by the time I hit his right-ish lines, there's something to stop up his troops (yay zombies!). Hopefully, my magic-supported knights will be able to bash through enough stunties to knock them out of the way in time to get to the war machines. Not to mention, raising zombies in silly places will be fun.

I think I'm going to take Necromancy for my Vampire Count and try to cast Curse of Years on one of his scary units, probably the one with the lord in it. See him try to dispel a 10+ Remains in Play spell with 2 Power Dice! It has a range of 30" with my Count, and with 5 Toughness, a 3+ ward save against all shooting, and other necro's able to heal him if he takes too much damage, I should be able cast it with little fear of harm.

So, even though this is going to be a very tough battle, and relies on one or two difficult units fighting, support by my magic and a couple of really tough units should win the day. I think that I should be able to just barely squeek by.

Besides, who DOESN'T want to see a vampire zombie dwarf stronghold?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    458 (x8)

Those Artillery will blow massive holes in the Vamps unit, and the Ld10 immunity to Fear (for Hammerers) will mean they can take the Vamp survivors in combat.

Bad matchup for Wuggles, I'm thinking Arky's going to win on grounds of being able to neutralise (or come close thereof) most of teh VCs advantages.

-AFG
    Last edited by ArchonFarseerGuy; March 21st, 2008 at 12:40.

Now 17% more helpful gingerninja's Avatar
    In the ninja lab.......of course it exists!!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    262 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by Wuggles64 View Post
    I think I'm going to take Necromancy for my Vampire Count and try to cast Curse of Years on one of his scary units, probably the one with the lord in it. See him try to dispel a 10+ Remains in Play spell with 2 Power Dice! It has a range of 30" with my Count, and with 5 Toughness, a 3+ ward save against all shooting, and other necro's able to heal him if he takes too much damage, I should be able cast it with little fear of harm.
    This is actually quite a good plan, however it only works on the half chance that you get that spell on that mage. Granted, that spell could kill 9 of that unit (as long as arky doesn't dispel it in either phase), but it does limit the casting ability of that vampire, as he will have to keep 4 dice to cast it, removing a section of the potentcy, and increasing the chance of a miscast.

In the end, I think arky has the numbers, firepower and magic defence to make this game his. His troops are better in combat, and his guns will do enough damage to make sure the VC don't win this.

Quote Originally Posted by Wuggles64 View Post
    Besides, who DOESN'T want to see a vampire zombie dwarf stronghold?
    I would love to, but this isn't the army to do it.

Dwarves will take this.

ninja out
    New LOChat functions now avaliable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheredanine View Post
    Dr Gingerninjas therapy room for kids with a poor grasp of both english and Warhammer, please take a ticket from nurse deciever

Need a list designed for any Fantasy army: Click Here

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

I agree with what's been said. Dwarfs are the one to stop the march of this undead army.

Once long range units of undead are gone (wolves and such) then its ranked unit on ranked unit, and the Dwarfs are going to win with superior weapon skill, armor, and Dwarfyness.

Magic will be less effective for undead, and the necromancers are squishy targets.

Dwarfs for the win.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x2)

I have to go with the Dwarves this time. I think that the Dwarves have enough shooting to hurt the VC on the way in and a very good defense to stand up to the VC charge. Dwarves have enough DD to shut down a good portion of the VC magic phase. Just a bad match-up for the VC. It will be close but the Dwarves will be able to withstand the VC charge and eventually take them out in a meat grinder.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

131 (x5)

Dwarves.

They have enough ranged punch to soften up some units before the legion of stunties hits the line. The Dwarves will be able to shrug off enough of the VC magic that they should rip right through the undead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

131 (x5)

Arklite eliminates Wuggles64, 5-0.

Closed Thread