VW VW AToG Round 1 Pool D Kithre vs no1cafc - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    458 (x8)

VW AToG Round 1 Pool D Kithre vs no1cafc

Kithre:
    16 spears (leaving the standard at home)

10 Archers

7 White Lions

Mage +1 level

no1cafc:
    Vampire- Walking Death, Dread Knight, 150pts

18 Ghouls,

3 Fell Bats,

5 Black Knights- Barding,

-AFG//

Last edited by gingerninja; July 10th, 2008 at 14:46.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

ASF isn't enough in this battle. Fell bats will probably die to archers, if not from shooting then in combat, but I can't see the spears taking out the ghouls or the white lions getting rid of the black knights. It'll matter a lot who gets the charge with the knights.

This looks tight, but I think VC has the edge in hitting power with the ghouls, knights, and vamp.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    254 (x5)

I'm going to have to vote for VC. Although the White Lions are going to be tough, I don't think they will be able to hold back the black knights and vamp.

Maybe if the mage had Light magic... and had some good rolls for it, then the high elves could do win the day.
    I am heading off to the Peace Corps. It is bery likely I will not be back. Good luck to all of you endeavors.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    220 (x8)

Light magic would certainly be one choice, but my other though would be lore of metal..those heavy saves will prove to be more of a curse than a blessing when burning iron hits you.

I agree that the 7 WL may not be enough, but unfortunately there is a function of having to take two core choices - I didn't want to have completely sacrifical units, and HE core isn;t all that cost effective.

I suppose the Ghouls would be neutralised by the Spearmen (15 ASF attacks is always a very good thing)

Hmm, borderline tactics here, careful please Thanks, Phoenix.
    Last edited by Phoenix; July 11th, 2008 at 00:29.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My vote goes to the VC because they have the hitting power to take out pretty much everything the HE have, and if the vampire can get Van Hel's off when one of his units charges, that's all she wrote for the HE. Their fear is going to help as well considering the HE only have LD 8 for this battle, which is on the low end for elves.
    Last edited by BlackSheep; July 10th, 2008 at 18:36.
    No, I don't have any wool.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x1)

going to also have to go with VC. that Vampire is a mean machine in cc. and he will be getting there for sure, and even with the small units, fear is mean so if they whittle down the ghoul unit and then the spearmen fail their charge. their still only hitting on 6's. so 16 attacks hitting on 6's then wounding on 5's is a bit optamisitc. but the ghouls have 2 attacks, with poison, wounding on 4's. going to say the ghouls have a chance.
    Painting: 20 quarrelers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    458 (x8)

I'm going to go against the grain and vote High Elves. Here's why:
    If the Black Knights charge straight into the Spearmen, they should lose due to CRes. If they charge the White Lions, they get screwed by the ASF GWs, then most likely CRes.

Provided the Archers pick off the Fell Bats first, the Ghouls should eventually fall as well. The only question is who they fall to.

Plus of course, the Lvl2 Wizard should get a couple of nifty spells off.

-AFG//

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x1)

I'll throw in my lot with the High Elves. Fell bats and Dread Knight aside, the rest is nothing the HE units can't handle. The lv2mage will make hell for them too, as long range harm is everything in this battle. Did I somehow miss what lore is chosen???

It won't change my vote, however
    Quote Originally Posted by sirkently View Post
    Well, Wood Elves are unbeatable don't you know. Of course, now and then we throw a few games so that others don't get too discouraged.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    69 (x3)

High elves
    Even this small battle shows how ridiculous ASF is, where a charging unit of cavalry will lose to a tiny unit of infantry striking first with great weapons.
    Only hope i can see for vampires is flanking the spearmen unit with either the knigths or the fell bats(who would still struggle), but i dont think they've got the superior maneouverability or units to pull this off.
    A flanking summon unit will just get owned by ASF, and this is unlikely anyway because of the mage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    157 (x3)

Since my opponent has enlightened you with some warhammer related points I have one thing to say.

Mounted models do not necessarily have to join mounted units, they work in infantry and can not be picked out, this can lend some nice attacks to the unit as its a character and his mounts attack, some mounts of which are S4.
    BEN DIESEL FTW!!!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast