VW VW AToG Round 2 Pool Phoenix vs daelrog - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    458 (x8)

VW AToG Round 2 Pool Phoenix vs daelrog

Phoenix
    Night Goblin Shaman
    Level 2
    Nibbla's 'Itty Ring
    Magic Mushrooms

Night Goblin Shaman
    Level 2
    Magic Mushrooms
    Martog's Best Basha

CORE
    24 Night Goblins
    Fanatic
    Nets
    Full Command

24 Night Goblins
    Fanatic
    Nets

6 Forest Goblin Spider Riders
    Short Bows

6 Forest Goblin Spider Riders
    Short Bows

SPECIAL
    5 Night Goblin Squig Hoppers

Goblin Wolf Chariot

Goblin Spear Chukka

Goblin Spear Chukka

RARE
    4 Ogre Bulls
    Add. HWs

daelrog
    Heroes
    Nick Brown (General)- Vampire w/ avatar of death, summon ghouls, The Family Ledger (Book of Arkhan)

Selene Darling, Honored Guest of the Brown Household- Vampire w/ dreadknight, Cursed Sword Arrogance (Blood Drinker)

Core
    Lowly Servants- 13 Ghouls

Lowly Servants- 12 Ghouls

Special
    6 Black Knights- no command

Rare
    Ladies of the Brown of Household w/ fine jewelry of Cathayan Origin- 4 Blood Knights w/ standard bearer w/ banner of the blood keep

Total- 993 points

*does a victory dance* OK, both lists are in, get voting. ED: Of course there's something. That's supposed to be Pool E. Apologies for the typo.

-AFG//

Last edited by ArchonFarseerGuy; July 21st, 2008 at 21:34.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x1)

After having witnessed how quickly Knights of any army fall to a single Gobbo Shaman, much less two (even with a magic banner) I'm giving this one to Orcs & Goblins. The abhorrent lack of numbers on the Vampire side means Res will win the day, Not to mention the Spiders can lead off the Varghulf until they're ready to deal with him
    Last edited by TheCuttingEdge; July 24th, 2008 at 00:56.
    Quote Originally Posted by sirkently View Post
    Well, Wood Elves are unbeatable don't you know. Of course, now and then we throw a few games so that others don't get too discouraged.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    220 (x8)

I agree here - the Vampires are hoorendously outnumbered, and as long as the Chariots and CHukkas are interespersed amongst the other units, we should see a really solid line. Fanatics will cause havoc to all teh Vampire units, and the Blood Knights won;t have the benefit of regeneration that in a larger battle, the Drakenhof banner would have given..

Add to that the fact that even though undead units cause fear, they don;t really outnumber the gobbos, so autobraking is going to be an issue, especially after having been "fanaticked". And Blood Knights are frenzied, so can be led around the battlefield by the nose...

GOBLINS take it with a smack of metal ball on un-dead flesh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    288 (x6)

First turn: Spider rider unit moves forward, the Blood Knights MUST charge, obliterating the unit and doing their compulsory overrun.

Second turn: Both Chuckas and Shamans have a go at the Blood Knights (chuckas hopefully from flanks). (Remaining) Blood Knights then do their compulsory charge into two fanatics. The remaining Blood Knights (if any) lose combat to 24 goblins (haha, nets...) and disappear.

Goblins win!

If there where any characters in the Blood Knight unit then they would die also (though a flank charge from spider riders may be necessary).

The remaining Vampire units are mostly insignificant (and horrendously outnumbered).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    458 (x8)

Whilst I slightly disagree with that, I think kroxigor has a point. The Spear Chukkas/Fanatics/Fast Cav can shred the Blood Knights (even if it's a case of eventually), and the Ogres will have no trouble with the Ghouls whatsoever.

Plus, an adequate magic defence will prevent the Vamps from dominating the Magic Phase like they need to, sealing the win for the Night Gobbos.

-AFG//

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Can daelrog have two rare units at this point value? A Vargulf and Blood Knights?

Even so, I'm going with Night Goblins. Those ghoul units aren't going to last long. The gobbos have lots of mobility. Decent shooting. Plenty of chances to kill things.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    254 (x5)

Can daelrog have two rare units at this point value? A Vargulf and Blood Knights?
    Crap! My list is illegal! Ii'm also still going to lose by a lot!
    I'll send some changes to AFG right away, but I doubt it'll make any difference.
    I am heading off to the Peace Corps. It is bery likely I will not be back. Good luck to all of you endeavors.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, are the goblins allowed to have 4 special units? (not sure about their rules so don't bite my head off )

>

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Spear Chukkas are 2 for 1, so he's okay. It's daelrog that's a cheater! Cheater!
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

heh, I should've known better then to question someone's list in Fantasy

Which is why I'm not voting because I don't know a whole lot about it( basically I would give biased answers....)

>

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast