VW AToG Round 1 Match 3: daelrog vs timk111 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    458 (x8)

AToG Round 1 Match 3: daelrog vs timk111

daelrog
    Lord
    Milosh Brown, Patriarch of the Brown Household riding upon the Wings of Success, wearing a hat with a really big feather, stating "Luck is no match for pride" carrying the cursed sword Arrogance.
    Vampire Lord w/ red fury, beguile, infinite hatred, wristbands of black gold, cadaverous cuirass, blood drinker.

Heroes
    Selene Darling, Honored Guest of the Brown Houehold, wearing a large dress from Tilea
    Vampire w/ dreadknight, battle standard bearer, banner of the dead legion

Nick Brown, Father of Milosh, Lord of the Servants
    Vampire w/ summon ghouls, avatar of death

The Wings of Success
    Zombie Dragon

Core
    Lowly Servants
    13 Ghouls

Lowly Servants
    13 Ghouls

Lowly Servants
    13 Ghouls

Manifestation of our Displeasure
    Corpse Cart w/ balefire

Manifestation of our Superiority
    Corpse Cart w/ balerfire

Special
    The Gentlemen of the Brown Household wearing fine suits made from Troll hide
    6 Black Knights w/ standard bearer w/ royal banner of strigos

Rare
    The Ladies of the Brown Household wearing fine jewellry of Cathayan origin
    4 Blood Knights w/ banner of the blood keep

Total- 1997 points

timk111
    L - L - Great Unclean One - 620
    Level 4 Wizard, Trappings of Nurgle

H - Herald of Nurgle
    Level 1 Wizard, Slime Trail, Palaquin, Noxious Vapours

H - Herald of Nurgle
    Level 1 Wizard

C - 20x Plague Bearers
    FC

C - 14x Plague Bearers
    FC

C - 10x Plague Bearers

C - 5x Furies

S - 3x Nurglngs

R - 2x Beast of Nurgle

TOTAL - 1997

Good luck to both players, and may the best list win!

-AFG//

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Good matchup but I think DoC will win close combat phases. If the BKs had a flaming banner, I'd look for more pain from VC, but as it is, I see DoC winning this.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    157 (x3)

I'm going to say VC as I do believe they will out combat the deamons and they have an advantage with movement and hard hitters in both knights and a vampire lord and dragon with a lot of hate.
    BEN DIESEL FTW!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x1)

The Lords and Heroes in the Nurgle list make what was an otherwise very vulnerable list very survivable. However, this will come down the the fact that the Nurgle units can't cause enough casualties. If Daemons had their own invocation, they'd have this, but Vampire Counts get my vote on account of attrition and the sheer amount of wounds they will cause that not even Regen could blunt.
    Quote Originally Posted by sirkently View Post
    Well, Wood Elves are unbeatable don't you know. Of course, now and then we throw a few games so that others don't get too discouraged.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    69 (x3)

Struggling with this one.

Its very difficult for me to look past the great unclean one.
    It comes an eats basically whatever it wants in most of my armies an I've only managed to kill the damn thing once. (kitted out brettonian lord of challengy death with sword of heroes + a trebuchet hit...)
    The big unit of plague bearers with the kitted out herald will also make it very difficult for the VC.

Things is VC have numbers, and some very good knight units, an a zombie dragon.
    Which give them the tools to eek out a minor victory by concentrating on the smaller elements of the nurgle army, while avoiding the two aforementioned units.
    This game plan is still pretty difficult to pull off for six turns.

I think over time the demons would probably win a slightly higher percentage of these games, so they get my vote...

Nurgle demons

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x1)

both of these armys are prety closely matched PD/DD (VC have 4 PD and DoC have 3 DD, DoC have 5 PD VC have 4DD) so neither has a huge magic superiority. with regen and T4 across the board it will be hard for anything other then the knights to hurt the demons. minding that though, the VC also have poison which is great for getting auto wounds off with (thereby avoiding the prementioned high T) Both Lords will most likely be alive when the game is done 10 wounds are hard to tear off. and a flying dragon monkey boy can run like the coward he is if he has to.

all in all i'm going to have to give this to VC just marginaly, better menuverability can flank and remove static CR as well as more models out there to help as well.
    Painting: 20 quarrelers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm going to have to go with the Daemons on this one. The blood Knights are worrysome, but without anything to get rid of the PB's regen, the daemons will be staying around. Noxious Vapours is also going to make VanHel's and charging a null point for the Vampires. Also, the Nurglings could easily march block units, making it easier for the Pusspots to charge.

That GUO isn't going to be easy to kill, either.
    No, I don't have any wool.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    458 (x8)

After giving it much thought, I'm giving this one to the Daemons of Chaos. Reason being that the VCs seem to rely on a couple of units, and the Nurglate infestations are very resilient (from what I hear anyways =.=).

On a side note, I don't think the GUO is that powerful *looks at the Vampire Lord and Zombie Dragon*.

-AFG//

Now 17% more helpful gingerninja's Avatar
    In the ninja lab.......of course it exists!!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    262 (x7)

Hmm. The biggest thing that the Daemons have to worry about is the blood knights and that dragon vampire lord. The problem is, both of these units are more than capable of killing the heralds in close combat.

With those heralds dead, those plaguebearer units will die faster, meaning that even the ghouls can compete with the bearers in close combat.

The great unlcean one is a concern, but I would bet on the vampire over a protracted combat, even with the 10 wounds of the GUO.

VC to take this, just

ninja out
    New LOChat functions now avaliable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheredanine View Post
    Dr Gingerninjas therapy room for kids with a poor grasp of both english and Warhammer, please take a ticket from nurse deciever

Need a list designed for any Fantasy army: Click Here

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Tied 4-4! A close one!
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast