VW FINAL ROUND - ArchonFarseerGuy vs. 40kenthusiast - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    205 (x7)

FINAL ROUND - ArchonFarseerGuy vs. 40kenthusiast

FINAL ROUND - ArchonFarseerGuy vs. 40kenthusiast

Table:

Top Deployment: AFG
    First Turn: 40k

AFG's List:

The Great and Mighty Empire Army That Needs a More Imaginative Name
    Characters
    Arch Lector- Van Horstmann's Speculum, Shroud of Magnus, GW- 205
    Battle Wizard- Seal of Destruction- 110
    Battle Wizard- 2 Scrolls- 115
    Battle Wizard- 2 Scrolls- 115
    All Wizards have: Portant of Far

25 Spearmen, full command, detachments of 7 Free Company and 5 Handgunners- 220
    25 Swordsmen, full command, detachments of 7 Halberdiers, 5 Handgunners- 250 (ALector here- thus MR2)
    24 Greatswords, full command, Standard of Arcane Warding,, detachments of 7 Free Company and 5 Handgunners- 355 (is MR2)
    10 XBowmen- XX
    10 XBowmen- XX
    10 XBowmen- XX
    10 Handgunners- XX
    10 Handgunners- XX
    10 Handgunners- XX
    Cannon- XX
    Mortar- XX
    Helblaster Volley Gun- XX
    Hellstorm Rocket Battery- XX

2250 pts exactly
    5 PD (not important)
    7 DD + 5 Scrolls, one of which can destroy a spell

VHS: Swap combat stats in challenges
    Shroud of Magnus: 5++ save, MR2
    Seal of Destruction: Dispel Scroll- on a 4+, the wizard loses the spell, never to cast it again
    Standard of Arcane Warding: MR2

Pre game comments:
    Yay- Undead! Finally!

Deployment: What a waste of a hill. I could have used that.

Oh well, when given lemons, make lemonade. The cannon will go in the ruins, on the right.

After that, I'm not too fussed on where everything goes. I'll deploy my R&Fers behind the forest, cramped around the general, and angled so they can get ready to charge whenever.

From there, I'll place the Mortar and Rockets on opposite sides of the board, to ensure full LOS across the board.

The Helblaster can support my R&Fers, and my ranged troops will go into and left of the ruins, enjoying full LOS at the TK advance.

Tactics: Turn 1- The Cannon shoots the SSC. Unless I'm mistaken, it has 3 wounds, so killing it should be easy. After that, it'll go for the Chariots and then the Ushabti.

From there, I plan to sit back and wait for him to advance (4" a turn means he'll barely reach combat). His advance will first see the Carrion being shot out of the sky by my XBowmen, then the Ushabti being shot at relentlessly.

The Tomb Guard and Skeleton Warriors will be pie-plated before the survivors get chopped to pieces by my R&Fers.

Magic should be shut down pretty easily. I have more DD than he has PD, and I have scrolls. Other than that, I don't really have much else to say.

-AFG//
    VS.

40k's List:

Lord:
    Tomb King w/Destroyer of Eternity, Collar of Shapesh

Heroes:

Tomb Prince w/chariot, Chariot of Fire, flail, light armor + shield, Brooch of the Great Desert
    Liche Priest w/Dispel scroll, Casket of Souls
    Liche Priest w/Hieratic Jar, dispel scroll, skeletal steed (Hierophant)

Core:

20 Skeleton Warriors w/bows, hand weapons
    3 Chariots
    1 Tomb Swarm

Special:
    20 Tomb Guard w/Icon of Rakoph, musician, standard bearer, champion
    5 Carrion
    4 Ushabti
    3 Ushabti

Rare:
    Catapult of Skulls (skulls of the Foe)

Pre game comments:
    Deployment: Standard Tomb King formation, Ushabti flanking Tomb Guard with chariots sweeping around the flank and Carrion following right up. Casket/catapult can sit right up towards the battle line, it's not like he's going to be coming to get me.

Swarm will burrow under his machines. Maybe it'll tie one up?

Plan:

My line can and will break his, especially if the Chariots can get a flank hit. My Lord has the Destroyer, so he's got a good shot at clipping their lord before the challenge, and he can certainly take out their champ, allowing mine to challenge and free up my lord to use the destroyer. If he's on the corner and the Empire flanked with a detachment he'll be like 6 points of the combat res all on his own.

The most important part of my battle plan is the Carrion, who will get a first turn charge (barring atrocious magic rolling) on a war machine, and thereafter they'll eat one machine a round.

To sum up: My army is super-fast, and his army relies on wearing you down with shooting. I'll be on him turn 1-2-3, so he won't have time for that. If things look bad I can just sit back and win by the cost of his war machines without ever engaging him. GoGoCarrion.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

198 (x4)

I'm going to go Major Victory to AFG. Why?
    First off, even one turn out in the open means that there is an awful lot of firepower facing down his fast units. SSC will only be able to get one shot off first turn, and even if it panics a unit, that is only one out of 10 missile units. Tying up one of the war machines with a tomb swarm will work, but won't be enough to stop the hail of xbows and bullets and other war machiney goodness.
    Basically, I think that they TK's will get shot up long before they make it to the Empire lines, and when they do make it there won't be enough left to deal with the Empire infantry that is held in reserve and out of sight.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain (It's time to roll the dice)- Mattrim Cauthon

Monkey of Mystery The Paint Monkey's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    743 (x8)

Yeah, major vic AFG. I can see AFG using all his scrolls in the first 2 turns to prevent early charges while he mauls the VC line with gunfire. 40k will be stuck with magically rebuilding his mauled units or casting movement spells but not both. What does reach AFG will be in bits and will be so out-numbered that it'll be little more than a mopping up operation.
    No more NG spearmen, thanks! Now I need some pump-wagons!

Slaaneshi Battle Barge CO
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    127 (x5)

I really like the TK list, but the Empire has numbers, ranked units, missile fire and magic in their favor. The TK may run a few units off the table and give a few others a bloody nose, but I don't see how they could possibly come out on top in this battle other than a combination of great tactics and some insanely good dice.

Massacre for the Empire
    "Is Archon Braigh-Dee going to have to choke a Wych?

Courtesy of Wicky: D.C.S.S.E.P.C.I.C.B.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x1)

I see the TK list and notice a very cool, beasty-rich army........but then I look over to the empire list and see massive numbers, great magic offense and defense, and frankly disgusting amounts of firepower. I can't honestly see this going any other way than a Major Victory for Empire. I just don't see how those undead fellows are going to overcome such weight of.......well, lead really. That's a lot of guns.

Now 17% more helpful gingerninja's Avatar
    In the ninja lab.......of course it exists!!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    262 (x7)

Empire major victory here is why.

The real problem of no irresistable force for TK rears its ugly head. Without the guarantee of that ability, the Empire general can just use scrolls to stop the first turn charge, leaving the carrion at the mercy of the guns.

The swarm might take out a warmachine, but there are plenty of other guns to eliminate this army.

ninja out
    New LOChat functions now avaliable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheredanine View Post
    Dr Gingerninjas therapy room for kids with a poor grasp of both english and Warhammer, please take a ticket from nurse deciever

Need a list designed for any Fantasy army: Click Here

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

I would vote TK if there were more speed to the list. Some scorpions would cause a lot of grief, more chariots, or swarms to burrow. Magic would really have to be pumped into movement spells to deal with a static gunline.

Probably a boring game to watch, but a major victory to AFG nonetheless.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

220 (x8)

I'm going to buck the trend - all the wizards have "portent of far", the Tomb Kings units are fast and killy, and the fact that TK get first turn means starting to roll "it came from below " nice and early in the game.
    The Empire shooting will fell many of the TK units, but those chariots will cause a world of hurt, and 7 DD is not enough with the number of TK incantations that can be cast a turn...

TK Minor Victory - the Empire will take their pound of...bones, but the TK army will eat the Empire once engaged in close combat...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

205 (x7)

I'm looking at this thinking Empire with a Massacre. They have the right tools to get this done - Magic defense, Cannons, Big blocks, lots of shooting. The TK's may have over invested here on Ushabti for this matchup.

Tim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    288 (x6)

Major Victory to the Empire. To much shooting, to much magic defence and not enough pace from the TKs should make this game a shooting gallery.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast