AoD One more Arena, with some differences - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    254 (x5)

One more Arena, with some differences

Hidy ho Loers! It's time I threw my hat into the ring and hosted an Arena myself. This Arena will be run a little differently than most, I want to see how this goes.

So, first of all you kind gentlemen (and ladies?), your first quetion must be how many points is it? No point limits.

Second question is, all right, so what are the banned items? No banned items.

Third question must be then: are you joking? There has to be some limitations. Yes, there are a few limitations. There are four.
    1) No special characters. These are YOUR characters, not GWs. It is up to your crazy machinations to create the dirtiest, filthiest character you can muster.
    2) No mounstrous mounts. Once again, these are YOUR characters. Not your character, plus a mount. It is a battle between two individuals, so we don't need any dragons or griffons bailing your guy or gal out.
    3) No greater daemons. Sorry guys, but I can't have an arena of 13 greater daemons, a dwarf, a vampire, and a random joke charater.
    4) Characters must be legal in a regular game of Warhammer. Refer to Cheaty McCheaterson from Archon's Arena for reference.

So then, how am I going to run it differently? Well, with an iron fist of course. Though I appreciate all of your help, I will be doing the write-ups. It's the joy of the writing that is prompting me to do this. However, I will have someone else do the roll-ups. DavidVC04 has offered and if you're still up for it, I would be honered to have you help out! I will not be entering a character this time around. I don't want the burden of having an already fleshed out character to use. I want something new to work with. So please, give me something good to work with.

*Also keep in mind that I WILL be killing fifteen of your characters. I will not take offense if you resurrect them, but I will not be doing any favors. Expect brutal endings.

I plan on witing to my highest standard for this Arena, so it will go slower (Let me put it this way, Winter's Serenade was done in 2 hours including revisions). Any posts concerning the pace of my writing will be met with unfortunate fates for your characters including tripping over themselves, having both eyes poked out, or having your seductive, yet deadly she-warrior morphed into an old hag. I feel that since I will be putting the extra effort into each and every character, I will be slightly annoyed if I'm badgered. Of course, as I will not be doing any of the rolling, this won't change any of the fight results, but if your characters goes all the way, they may not be looking too pretty. You've been warned.

Not only will I do a write-up of the fights, but I will do an intro, and also a transition for each fighter that makes it to the next round, each round. The further you go, the more your characters will grow, the more in depth they will be covered.

So, PM your characters to me. NO PLACEHOLDERS. When I start the write-ups I will post a separte thread with the title of the Arena.

Summary

Rules
    1) No special characters
    2) No monstrous mounts
    3) No greater daemons
    4) Character must be legal in a standard game of Warhammer (no equalizers)
    5) No shooting phase, bound spells are allowed, each character gets one dispel dices, plus any for normal resistances/magic levels

Fighting
    Like any normal Arena, characters will take the first turn charging each other (aka no stand and shoot)
    For now, magic is all on the table, though I'm waiting for that one extremely broken idea I have not thought up (has not happened yet)
    Unless otherwise stated, items will be used as per normal warhammer rules. Supidity works like normal stupidity, itmes are not modified. Only the Arena's modified rules for psychology will be used. (Come on, I can't have contestants running away, how lame)

Writing
    1) I will do all the write-ups.
    2) Someone else will do the rolling
    3) There will be sixteen intro pieces, then eight fights, then eight transitions pieces, then four fights, etc
    4) If you bug me by the time it takes to write at the best of my ability, I will slap your entrant around
    5) The theme? Little secret. Suffice to say, I think you will be in for a treat.

Sequence
    1) Player A and B charge
    2) Player A who has the higher initiative strikes
    3) Player B then stirkes
    3) As determined randomly, Player B gets the first magic phase, so does his magic(if any)
    3) Player A strikes
    3) Player B strikes
    3) Player A now gets to do his/her magic

Now then, let's have it.

*** All right, to address an issue that came up was me not wanting a goblin character that was mostly intended to get a chuckle and to die barring some incredible amount of luck. I realize that it is bad form to dictate in any way, shape, or form the characters that others put in, but considering the time I've already put in for just the intro, and the hours upon hours I'll be spending to get the best quality work for you guys, I believe it is within my right to ask that people try to work with the arena and provide a contender that can be competitive, and more importantly one that can grow as the story progresses. Sorry if this is something that turns you off.***

Last edited by DavidWC09; December 21st, 2008 at 06:33.
    I am heading off to the Peace Corps. It is bery likely I will not be back. Good luck to all of you endeavors.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    458 (x8)

*goes and looks for the cheesiest entrant he can find*

-AFG//
    Last edited by ArchonFarseerGuy; November 7th, 2008 at 06:25.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    254 (x5)

Submissions

1) ArchonFarseerGuy
    2) RobtheGuru
    3) mpdscott
    4) Attila the Hun Jr
    5) Lore_Colten
    6) Avatar of Khaine
    7) xanaq
    8 ) Arklite
    9) Deadstar_MRC
    10 ) andre
    11) GingerNinja
    12) stayscrunchyinmilk
    13) Pheonix
    14) DavidVC04
    15) Undead Bonzi
    16) Demandred

Red- Still need something
    Good to go!
    Last edited by daelrog; November 19th, 2008 at 02:42.
    I am heading off to the Peace Corps. It is bery likely I will not be back. Good luck to all of you endeavors.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    57 (x3)

I wonder how cheesey i can get...
    Last edited by RobtheGuru; November 7th, 2008 at 07:13.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    470 (x8)

This sounds awesome, and if I manage to remember I might actually see if I can work a character up. No promises mind you, and I won't mind if the spots are all taken when I get back to a computer on Monday!
    Rabbit; Our Tau community has the talent of figuring out how to turn a feather into a timebomb. Macgyver would be jealous.
    8people; Honey, why is my fluffwars story your shopping list?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

count me in! who would miss something like this and written by the 'rog.

question one: is this a prize arena?
    Avatar's Arena #3 let the games begin!
    The Outsider And Kae'Tyr-necron fluff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You didnt mention `no magic`, so youre going to do magic fully then? And why no shooting phase? Just wondering.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

254 (x5)

I'm 90% sure I'll keep magic on the table. However, to clarify with magic, and to answer why no shooting? Because like any other Arenas it will start with the two characters charging at each other. They will be locked in close combat and therefore unable to shoot, nor cast most spells.

Chances are this wil not be a prize arena, or at the very least the priize will not be too legedary.

Just so everyone also has a clear idea of my agenda, here are the things I'm hoping to accomplish by this Arena

1) To set the standard for writing in an AoD
    2) To give people this one chance to make that "if only it wasn't banned" build
    3) To remind us why you can't use that character in a normal AoD
    4) For my (and yours if you choose) research into the science that is AoD
    5) Just like any AoD, to have a fun, social event
    Last edited by daelrog; November 7th, 2008 at 18:13.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    57 (x3)

I say the winner should be forced to change their user title to one of the following for a month:

King of Cheesey AoD Characters
    Cheesemeister
    I like to cheese characters
    Cheese is my middle name

Or something along those lines lol. Obviously just for a bit of a fun cause to be fair, the arena entrants are usually the same people over and over again. We are like a tight little community or one of those bars where if your not from around the local town, everyone just stares at you lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

458 (x8)

Just so you all have an idea of what you're up against:
    Several years ago, the town of Rock Ridge (under the governship of Cumferenceberg) was attacked by the Mondologs- a fierce tribe from the north that marauded the village; burning their crops, pillaging their treasures, stealing their women, and raping their cattle.

Sir Cumference did not sit idly by, and he despatched a new sheriff for the town. The sheriff was Sheriff Bart- an Arabyan who had been granted a Visa from the Department of Refugees and Immigrants. There was much controversy over this appointment, as the town of Rock Ridge were extremely xenophobic, and Bart had almost no experience as a leader.

However, Sir Cumference's wisdom proved to be correct, and though Bart was treated at first with great hostility (especially from the Johnson clan), he was able to repulse the tribe, through clever use of explosives, seducing a stripper, and rallying the village into action (and building a fake one).

As sheriff of Rock Ridge, Bart is a charismatic law-enforcer, able to maintain peace, and raise a standing army at the drop of a hat (quite literally, for dropping one's hat is a gesture of a challenge in this village akin to the more common glove-slap).

However, he is not above executing prisoners of war, despite the recent shifts in politics and laws, and has earned himself the nickname "Black Bart" for his ruthlessness.

Sheriff Bart goes forth!

-AFG//
    Last edited by ArchonFarseerGuy; November 8th, 2008 at 00:16.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast