AoD Archon-arena #5 and #6- Site on Site - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    458 (x8)

Archon-arena #5 and #6- Site on Site

Because there's nothing like watching a bit of site-on-site action.

So yeah, anyway, I hope this isn't too fresh after the closing of daelrog's arena. The disclaimer is that the fluff or writing will, unfortunately, be nowhere near as good, despite my best efforts. I guess I'm just not that great of a writer.

We digress. In the past, I had been hinting at/promising an inter-site arena, and this was the best I could come up with. Enjoy:

--
    The magically-induced recession was spreading from the Old World to Rezephua, and things were not looking good. People were worried that their money would become worthless, so they were saving it. The decrease in spending resulted in lower profits, so businesses everywhere were having to cut workers to save on expenses, which was set to lead to less spending, and even less profits. Etc.

Auraifka’s arena business was suffering. As a last resort, he held a meeting with his main associates. “Gentlemen, as you will be well aware, we need some outlandish profit-raising scheme to quickly inject a large amount of money into the business.

Markus Wallpwner the Ever-hungry spoke up first, deep voice resonating throughout the room. “We takes tha moneh by forse!!”

At least thankful that the ogre was still seated, the asrai responded with his thoughts on the venture. “Markus, whilst your idea has merit, we have only just managed to settle in with the locals. We do not want to attract unwanted attention from the Cohorts. As it is, we have had a very minor disagreement with them in the past. They will not be merciful this time around.”

The ogre looked at him as though he’d just spoken some dialect of Gaelic.

Slightly frustrated, Auraifka simplified his answer, speaking slowly. “No.” Pausing briefly to let it sink in, he continued, “for the reasons I just said.” Like his old business mentor, he preferred things when they were resoundingly simple, and was admittedly guilty of overcomplicating matters at times.

At this point, Milo, The Black Knight, spoke up. “Back home, there were a few people in our tribe that had a few ways to earn a lot of money in a short period of time.”

“Do tell.”

“One trick is to send a slate or a scroll to a rich household, detailing that a long lost relative died recently and entrusted the money to them, but that they need to pay a large sum of money for smugglers to get it out of the country. It would make some people in the tribe extremely rich.”

Auraifka breathed to talk, but the Arabyan warrior continued. “Another one is to pretend that a business tycoon just died, and an innocent third party needs a safe haven to put most of the money to prevent in-fighting or attempts on peoples’ lives.”

“Whilst creative, I’d prefer to work within the law, unless you genuinely know that a rich person has died without leaving a will…” Auraifka glanced at the human with raised eyebrows, showing dubious disbelief.

A silence descended on the room, broken by the young intern Robert Heinemann. “Sir,” he began, slightly nervous, and it showed in his voice, “I presume you have heard of this up-and-coming Cult of Librarium?”

Auraifka nodded. He had indeed heard of this cult. They were a relatively new fad, spread throughout the world. The majority of them were pretty good fighters too. They’d hosted a lot of arenas around the place in the past, and he’d even sponsored a couple.

“Well, what if you managed to convince some of the city’s best fighters to come here, bring in a group from said cult, and found a way to face them off in ‘teams’?”

“Har har har!” the unmistakeable gruffness of the dwarf Marden’s voice was laced with the stench of beer, “Rezephua’s finest slaughtering this Cult of Librarium! THAT is something I’d pay a pretty penny to see!”
    Auraifka felt like pointing out the fact that the dwarf was stone drunk, but realised that it would accomplish the same thing as arguing with a block of cheese. Instead, he addressed the rest of the council, “so no-one else is against this motion?” As the room remained silent for some time, he continued, “right. Meet back here in about 24 hours’ time, so we can fully organise this. But for now, meeting adjourned.”

The sound of machinery whirred and clanged throughout the day as workers laboured ceaselessly under the searing Tilean sun. It was summer, and Richter Gianovich was eager to speed up the work on his project- a massive open-aired arena that could also have many other functions- a theatre or a civil events centre being just two ideas, both of which could potentially expand his coffers to far bigger than they ever were before. Currently, things were mostly on schedule, and a basic skeleton of the building had been erected.

As he stood back, overseeing production, his servant Ranald approached him. “Sir, it would appear that some bad news has just conspired. Pirates have sunk the ship carrying the second delivery of stone. We will have to order another shipment, and our producers have just raised their prices to take into account the recent increase in risk and scarcity of the materials.”

Any amusement in Richter’s face faded away. “Oh dear,” he replied silently, “no doubt the producers will also have some expensive bodyguards for the materials up for hire. Barring a minor miracle, we are going to be woefully short of money. We’ll have to pay the workers’ leave as we wait for supplies to arrive, then there will be the increased cost of the supplies themselves. As for bodyguards, we will place a detachment of my personal militia on the ship itself, send two of my ships to accompany the delivery, and we’ll also hire the Dawn Killing Fields to add extra manpower. They are dedicated and skilled fighters that generally charge reasonable prices.”

“Yes sir. Unfortunately, that still leaves two problems. The fact that we will still be short several thousand gold coins, and what will we tell the Cult of Librarium, and our investors?”

“I will talk to the Cult myself. The investors don’t need to know… yet. And as for the money, it appears that I will have to negotiate something with some old friends.”

“Anyone you have in mind, sir?”

“There’s an old business associate of mine- the name’s Auraifka. I helped him set up his AoD Agency, so I think he will come to my aid this time even if just for the old favour. Word has it that he’s in Lustria, though what he’s doing there is well beyond me. Then I’ll also have to pay a visit to the House of Cumference.” He was grim about asking for money from a friend as close as Sir Cumference, but it had become a necessary evil.

Richter knew that he had to swallow his pride and do it, if only for the sake of his family and heritage. Since well before Fabio in 2000, the Gianovich household had been extremely rich, and this project would either make them richer, or run a great and historical family broke, to fend for themselves in the harsh streets of the world. He wished his son Piero hadn’t been forced to flee the Old World.

”So, we’re running another arena. Any ideas on formats?” Auraifka was in no mood to dance around the planning stage.

The young Hiroki gave his opinion. “First up, we should run this in a way that befits the better fighters, something traditional.”

“That’s already been settled on. Now, the people of Araby enjoyed the between-round entertainment of my last arena. I’m inclined to run something similar, though less… outlandish. None of this bloodthirster summoning and suchlike,” he replied, with a nostalgic grin.

Sir Viss- the envoy of Sir Cumference, who was busy fighting in an arena elsewhere- gave his thoughts. “Well, people these days want to see semi-amateurs as well. Gives them a glimpse of the future, see.”

Marden provided his opinion, “yes- and maybe give out a few exotic weapons. Just like what they do in the Empire.” Thankfully, he had sobered up a lot in the last 24 hours.

“Excellent,” replied Auraifka, “Robert, organising this will be your job. Don’t screw it up,” he added, becoming deathly serious on the last sentence, “Sir Viss, work on some way to incorporate archers and mages into thins. I sense a market for it. Finally, Taizong,” he said, turning to address the white-clad monk, “you will try to get an audience with the Slann Lord himself. Barring that, see the Cohorts or Skink Council, or something. We want this event endorsed by the higher-ups of this city in some way.”

“Well, what if we invited Lord Xhilipepa to attend?”

“It would depend on how grand he thinks this event will be. As long as that skink stays away, there is every chance he may wish to see his champions in action. It may be a good idea to ask anyway, especially since you are a peaceful man by nature.”

The Nipponese man smiled politely, clasped his hands together, and bowed. “Yes sir, it shall be done.”

“Excellent! I want three volunteers to stay behind and discuss the finer points of this with me, and in the next meeting, we will work on preparing the arena itself. But for now, meeting adjourned.”

* Spots will not be reserved, as usual. Too much record keeping, and problems tend to spring up as to how long is too long before filling the reserved slot.
    * To enter a character, simply PM me your entrant. Include the following:
    -The character’s name
    -Equipment
    -Total points cost (ie, the cost of the whole character)
    -An Attack/Defense/Misc. synopsis (eg : “Mr T has 5 WS8 S6 attacks that are flaming, and have KB”). You can PM me stats and individual items without me pulling out my Mod powers, since I assure you I’m not out to recreate any Army Books .
    -Any fluff that I don’t receive, I will fill in for myself.
    *You can only enter a character in one slot. The bonus event is not included in this.

Character 1
    I am looking for eight characters from each site that will adhere to the following rules:
    • Each character must be named.
    • They must be legal to an official Army Book (the latest, I might add) and cost no more than 250 points in total. Chaos Dwarfs are allowed.
    • They cannot ride monstrous mounts (mounts with more than one wound).
    • No special characters.

Equalisers

• Skaven Warlords may go up to 20 points over their magic item limit providing that they do not exceed 250 pts in total. The Appendix Plague Lord is no longer permitted.
    • Vampires get 35pts extra – they may not exceed their magic item limit.
    • Tomb Kings get 25 points extra, they may not exceed their magic item limit.
    • Empire characters (Generals and Arch Lectors, this is) that do not take a Runefang may go up to 20pts over the magic item limit providing that they do not exceed 250 points in total.
    • Wood Elf characters may go 20 points over the limit, as long as they do not exceed their magic item total.
    • Dark Elf Assassins are counted as Hero choices for all intents and purposes.
    • Bretonnians must pray to gain the Blessing, allowing their opponent to charge them and gain all the benefits thereof in the first round of each combat. A Bretonnian player who does not wish to pray should specify this before the match is rolled.
    • All Hero choices may select 100 points of magic items, rather than the usual 50.

Dwarfs – Any dwarf lord entered may be mounted upon shieldbearers, all rules and restrictions apply as per usual. The jury is still up for whether they grant a KB immunity though.

Banned items

The following items are banned, they are found to be too powerful or have an unfair advantage in an Arena of Death match:
    - Tress of Isolde
    - Sword of Fate
    - Van Horstmann's Speculum
    - The Daemon Sword
    - The Fellblade
    - The Bane Head
    - The Grudge Rune
    - Kurbog's Curmudgeonly Klobbera
    - Virtue of Confidence
    - Annoyance of Netlings
    - Palanquin mount

Also, anything that is challenge specific, or has “nominate one character” in its description may not be taken.

Modified items

The following items give an unfair advantage in Arena of Death matches, but banning them is simply overkill. As such, they have been modified:
    Warpstone amulet - Same points cost, but roll to see if you die BEFORE the fight instead of afterwards.
    Talisman of Loec - May not be taken in conjunction with anything that confers Killing Blow to the bearer.
    Pendant of Khaeleth- Grants a ward save proportional to the armour save modifier of the opponent’s Strength score (i.e. 6+ ward against S4 hits, 5+ against S5, 4+ against S6, 3+ against S7…). A 1 always fails.
    Glaive of Putrefication (or whatever it’s called)- Reduces the enemy’s Strength and Toughness by one for each unsaved wound, rather than straight to 2.
    Blade of Realities and other items that cause instant death- Will follow the D2+N rule, just like KB. Any other effects remain exactly the same.

Character 2
    I am looking for four characters from each site that will adhere to the following rules:
    • Each character must be named.
    • They must be legal to an official Army Book (the latest, I might add) and cost no more than 150 points in total. Chaos Dwarfs are allowed.
    • They cannot ride monstrous mounts (mounts with more than one wound).
    • No special characters.

Equalisers

• Skaven characters may go up to 15 points over their magic item limit providing that they do not exceed 150 pts in total. The Appendix Plague Lord is no longer permitted.
    • Vampires get 15pts extra – they may not exceed their magic item limit.
    • Tomb Kings get 10 points extra, they may not exceed their magic item limit.
    • Empire characters (Generals and Arch Lectors, this is) that do not take a Runefang may go up to 10pts over the magic item limit providing that they do not exceed 150 points in total.
    • Wood Elf characters get 10 extra points, as long as they do not exceed their magic item limit
    • Dark Elf Assassins are counted as Hero choices for all intents and purposes.
    • Bretonnians must pray to gain the Blessing, allowing their opponent to charge them and gain all the benefits thereof in the first round of each combat. A Bretonnian player who does not wish to pray should specify this before the match is rolled.
    • Unit champions may be selected instead of heroes, and may take up to 50 points of magic items (no banners of arcane items obviously).

Banned/Modified items are exactly the same as the “Character 2” slot.

But that’s not all!
    I am after six characters to squeeze in between rounds. Anyone can enter a character into this, regardless on whether you have entered in another slot of not. There will be no reward for winning (in fact, there will be no winner). This is just a good chance to try out a new combo you thought up, or to establish a character, etc.

This is probably a good time to tell you that there will be a surprise involved in the configuration of this. I have this thread up on both LO and Rez. What I will say for now is that I have found a way to effectively run two arenas at once.

So that is the bread, butter, and background of it. Thanks for reading, and hopefully this will amount to something.

-AFG//
    ED: Just putting the entrants in one place:
    Team LO
    Character 1:
    Captain Bloodblade (avatar of khaine)
    Tai'wari Khan (mpdscott)
    The Minstrel (Attilla the Hun Jr)
    Caralyse Dragonweaver (throkkenn)
    Ardritch 'The Tank' Goldenfist (tuxedo clank)
    Dagul Morkinson, Ironbeard of Kazzad Dolvir (Arklite)
    Grimzag Skullcrusher (RobtheGuru)
    Gorgrim, Da biggest, Da Baddest Gobo (Lore_Colten)
    Filled up

Character 2:
    Caranthir Elensar (gingerninja)
    Field Marshall Sebastian Spats-Massingbird (WaRu)
    Tiddles (Atilla the Hun Jr)- 2nd character
    Festerpest the Unsightly One (Binz)
    Filled up

Team Rez
    Character 1:
    Absinthe Stormblast (NoOoDLe)
    Allie, Queen of Snakes (-Sentinel-)
    Graak the Troll (NightKnight)
    Hexigor, the Final Guardian (Luc_Arkhame)
    Nahaz Ehil (Prince Asuryan)
    Nathal, Dancer of the Shadows (TGA)
    2 spots left

Character 2:
    Lewt, Thief Extraordinaire! (TheGallant!)
    Character that Spire entered - subject to change (Spire)
    Richard the Red (-Sentinel-)
    1 spot left

Last edited by ArchonFarseerGuy; March 13th, 2009 at 07:48.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

sooo.... can we enter into more than one category?
    Avatar's Arena #3 let the games begin!
    The Outsider And Kae'Tyr-necron fluff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    458 (x8)

Given that you can only enter one character, no.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

108 (x4)

character sent, preview here: (and if you can't work out whose is mine, you don't deserve to be told)

The Arena of Rezephua -> Challenger Matches

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You aren't a bad writer, I love your stuff, I stink really when it comes to this stuff. Your arena's are fairly amusing and always have a nice side to them.

Anyway, PMed you my character. It is I think the first of its build but I am not sure.

ISIS Secret Agent Squishy mpdscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x7)

Duelist entered for Arena (Class - Character 1)
    Mysterious Member of the ANZAC Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did we ever get a clear picture on magic in AoD?..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

108 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Dethklaat View Post
    Did we ever get a clear picture on magic in AoD?..
    heh... i asked afg this, he told me he wouldn't say anything, so enter a character with shooting and magic in mind as possibilities. if you want my guess, the ones with equalisers for vampires are probably non-magic.

If I told you that, I'm afraid I'd have to kill you
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x2)

Character sent.
    Worshipper of Dice
    Last game: Victory Dark Elves vs High Elves & Orcs & Goblins
    WDL: Dark Elves:37/6/8 Space Marines:7/3/3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

458 (x8)

OK, due to being asked how this will work on numerous occassions, I have decided that it is probably best to post up the rules now.

*mutters to self*

I was hoping to keep this under wraps for a while, but it appears that it would be in the best interests of everyone involved if I revealed the format now. Brace yourself for a long post.

There will be three events in all. From each site, I will (randomly) pick eight characters from Slot 1 to represent each site, and they will fight as follows (and yes, I admit that I used the main rules from here as a basis):
    The Main Spectacle- Single Combats
    These rules will be applied in Event One (Character 1 vs Character 1 events)

1) Introduction
    2) The fight - striking order, special abilities (D2+1 rule)
    3) Psychology
    4) Miscellaneous bits and bobs

1) Introduction
    1.1 What is it?
    An arena of death is simply a group of warriors who engage in 'challenge' style combats until eventually there is an overall winner.

1.2 These rules
    These rules are not guaranteed to be a 'rock-hard' ruleset. If, for example, a character somehow becomes invulnerable (either due to these rules, or some other bug in the system), the arena master will often use their own discretion to actually give the fight some meaning (rather than an insta-win). Whilst I revised them to be taken letter for letter, I will use my discretion to change any rules that I deem unfair.

2) Rules for a fight
    2.1 Basics
    Effectively these are the same rules as that of Challenges in the BRB, with the modifications noted as follows.

2.2 Striking order
    2.2.1 First round of combat
    In the first round of combat, both warriors count as charging for the purposes of lances and other special rules. If neither warrior has a 'strike first' ability (or a 'strike last' ability), the person with the highest Initiative will strike first. If both warriors are equally entitled to strike first (usually because they have equal initiative), striking order will be determined randomly.

2.2.2 Later rounds
    In later rounds of combat, neither warrior gets charging bonuses (pretty obvious ). Strike order will be determined using the same system as in the first round of combat - however, in cases of equal initiative, the die to determine strike order is not rolled. Instead, the person who struck first last time will strike first again, combat alternating between each warrior.

2.3 Fight
    The fight is rolled like a normal challenge (so all challenge-related special rules are in place, for example Crom the Conquerer's). This means that dice are rolled 'to hit', 'to wound', 'saves', and 'ward saves'. It will continue until one warrior dies. If both warriors die simultaneously (most commonly due to the 'black amulet' or 'warpstone armour'), the entire fight is re-rolled from the start.

Shooting and magic are not used, and may not be used in a charge reaction.

2.4 Abilities
    Most abilities work as normal.
    2.4.1 Killing Blow will use the D2+N rule (D2+(Wounds-1). This gives a 50% chance of killing outright. Note that armour and regeneration are still ignored.

2.5 After the Fight
    After the fight, the victor advances to the next round. Any wounds they suffer are healed, as well as any other effects (such as the old manbane poison, or anything else that permanently reduces statistics). It will be as if the last fight never happened (this also counts for purposes of ‘Gaze of the gods’ and so forth).

3) Psychology
    3.1 Break tests
    There is no way to flee in a giant concrete ring with thousand of screaming spectators watching you. Therefore, anything that causes the character to flee will be ignored. For example, Break tests, Instability, and Crumbling are all ignored in AoDs (the latter two being the equivalent of fleeing).

3.2 Other psychology
    Other psychology is treated pretty much as normal. Exceptions are stated below.

3.2.1 Fear
    Fear is handled similarly to normal. In the first round of combat, a warrior facing a fearsome foe will take a Ld test. If he fails, he will hit on 6+ for that round of combat.

3.2.2 Stupidity
    Each turn the warrior will take a Ld test. If failed, a further die will be rolled. On a 1-3, the warrior will not strike, on a 4+ they will strike as normal.

3.2.3 Frenzy
    While there's nowhere to run, you can still have the confidence and fighting frenzy knocked out of you, and therefore models do lose frenzy as normal. Unit Strength will not count for CRes (you 40K players will know full well how this works), and nor will banners etc.

4) Miscellaneous bits and bobs.
    4.1 Challenges
    Will be allowed, working as normal. Due to the nature of most LO challenges, I am very reluctant to add this feature, so please don’t convince me that it was a bad idea.

4.2 Magic
    Whilst magic will not be allowed, Bound Items/Spells are. Anything that you have to roll to cast (gut magic, incantations, the Ring of Volans) is not allowed, and I will use my discretion as to what else is/isn’t allowed, which I will decide based on the effect of the item, the points cost of the item, and the power level of the item.

Characters attempting to dispel bound spells receive one dispel die, or two if they are a Dwarf, or have Magic Resistance (in which case, they will gain extra dice based on the specifics of their Magic Resistance).

If I’ve missed anything, let me know.

For Event Two, the remaining eight from Slot One will be paired off with a character from Slot Two (again, at random), and will be played out using a deriviative of Thragka's Arena of the Exalted IV (with adequate permissions).

The Other Main Spectacle- Carnage in Camaraderie
    These rules will be applied in Event Two matches (teams are outlined in 1.2)

1) Introduction
    2) The fights
    3) The Magic phase

1) Introduction
    1.1 The rundown
    OK, so the majority of you (fine, around about half) reading this will have no idea how these work. Basically, this is an idea I stole from the Arena of the Exalted IV (with permission from Thragka, for which I am extremely grateful). This event will show two characters being teamed up in the arena, and trying to kill each other in that. It will rely more on movement, footwork, tactics, and teamwork than the main event.

1.2 The teams
    I have randomly generated teams by pairing up all the “Character 2” entrants, with one of the remaining eight “Character 1” entrants.

2) The fights
    2.1 The board
    Due to reasons relating to my own convenience, the board will be a 24” square, though the measurements aren’t scientific in their precision (what can I say? I’m an Economist ). Deployment will be within 4” of opposite corners. This should allow at least one or two turns of magic/shooting to get done, and should be big enough for both bases.

2.2 Bouts to the death
    These will work completely like a normal game of WHFB, and will have the first turn generated as per usual. Exceptions, clarifications etc will all be noted in this rules set.

2.3 Tactics
    Obviously these will be important. Players are encouraged to PM me any tactics that they have (inclusive of target priorities, a general strategy for their character and so on). You can send me tactics for both characters in your team but in the case of any contradictions, the controlling player will take precedence (if that makes sense). It may, therefore, be better to talk amongst yourselves first.

In the heat of battle, tactics are almost guaranteed to change. Since I’m not going to bother hosting this as a Vassal game or anything along those lines, I will be in charge of the characters in game. Where possible, I will adhere to the strategies sent to me, but when they cannot be followed for whatever reason, I will decide what the character does based on what I deem to be the best strategic move for the team. I consider myself to be a very competent general (though my Mordheim results don’t show it ), so I shouldn’t end up losing the match for anyone due to poor tactics.

2.4 Determining a victor
    The winner will be the team that has someone left at the end, and will go on to the next round, to fight another pair. Characters will be revived (I have a character designed for this kind of event) and healed completely between fights. Again, it will be as though the previous fight had never occurred.

3) The Magic phase
    3.1 Spells
    These will be generated and made publicly known once all the characters have been made (so you will have received them by now). In your tactics, it may be best to let me know what priorities you have.

3.2 Generating power/dispel dice
    This will work completely as normal. Every team starts with the base two, plus extras for magic levels, extra items etc. Teams with dwarfs on them gain plus one die per dwarf on the team (shield-bearers count with their lord, not granting a to total of three extra ).

4.1 Psychology
    Psychology will be completely treated as normal, with a few exceptions as noted below.

4.1.1 Fleeing
    There will still be no way to flee in an arena. Anything that causes a character to flee will be ignored. Combats that break out will be decided to the death. Terror will be downgraded to Fear (but will still cause Fear in Fear-causers).

4.1.2 Frenzy
    As per the main arena, Frenzy can be lost. It will also force the character to charge as normal. I will NOT be allowing Michael Jackson impersonators (ie, moonwalkers) for these matches.

4.2 Challenges
    Whilst the AoD version will be allowed (ie, the “Fluffy the Helper Monkey challenges Sir Cumference” kind), note that there will be no challenges as described in the BRB in this event. That means Netlings, the Gut Maw, and so on have no effect on the game.

4.3 Oddball stuff
    There may be some event that is not covered by the above ruleset (such as the Thundermace). In such events, it will be down to my own discretion what happens.

Again, if there’s anything I’ve missed, let me know.

Finally, Archon-arena #6 will be run alongside it, which will see Slot Three come into it.
    Archon-arena #6- Gladiatorial Bouts
    These rules will be applied in Event Three (Tag teams consisting of two “Character 3” choices).

1) Introduction
    2) The fight
    3) Miscellaneous bits and bobs

1) Introduction
    1.1 What is Event Three?
    Put simply, Event Three is two “Character 3” entries paired off, and fighting an arena tag team-style. Essentially, these characters are lower-ranked gladiators. Anything more elaborate is outlined below.

1.2 The teams
    Again, the teams were randomly generated by pairing off two “Character 3” entries. There are no entries in a team that are from different sites.

2) The fight
    2.1 Pairings
    This isn’t the pairings that I talked about in 1). Each character will find an opponent, and try to kill them. This will be done randomly.

2.2 The fight
    As detailed, each character will have an opponent to fight. Everyone charges in at the same time. The fight will ensue exactly like the Event One duels, with each round of combat being done individually. When one character dies, the victor moves in to attack the surviving character on the enemy team, and will count as charging for the next round.

Attacks will all be directed to the enemy that the character is staring at until the duel ends one way or the other. This will be important when one dies, and the combat becomes a two v one affair.

2.3 Determining who strikes first
    2.3.1 The first round
    Only one character will get the charge. This will be determined by M+I+D6. iirc this was TheGallant! or Noods that used this rule first, but either way, it’s one I’ll be using this time round. In the first round, the charger will strike first, and gain all relevant bonuses. The chargee will strike last, and not gain any bonuses for charging (we’ll assume ASF stays out of it for now).

2.3.2 Subsequent rounds
    Assuming both/neither characters have ASF, striking first will be determined by whoever has the highest Initiative, as per usual. In the case of equal Initiatives, a die will be rolled, as per the BRB.

2.4 Victory
    As with Event Two, the winner will be the team who has the last surviving characters. Any imported healers/my own resident one will have a busy arena life this time, as any characters will be revived as per normal.

3) Miscellaneous bits and bobs
    3.1 Psychology
    Psychology will work in the exact same way as Event One. If you haven’t gathered yet, this will effectively be two such bouts thrown together into one.

3.2 Magic
    The rules here will remain the same as that of Event One.

If I’ve missed anything, let me know.

Now, to the part you’re all interested in:
    Victory (and everything that goes with it. I thank you all)
    The Archon-arena #6 will be as you’d expect. The winning pair of Event Three will be the joint winners. The prize will depend on what the winner of the AA4 finds.

The Archon-arena #5 will be determined in a slightly interesting manner. The winning pair of Event Two will not walk up to the podium to get wreathed, nor will the winner of Event One.

Instead, the winning pair of Event Two will be split, so the “Character 2” of the pair takes home a small prize, and a minor title. The “Character 1” of the pair will go on to fight the winner of Event One to determine the winner of the Archon-arena #5.

Any flaws in the master plan? I have playtested the system numerous times, and it should work out fine.

-AFG//

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast